[2.2] The Wild Spellblade | Elementalist | Pure Elemental Wild Striker

You say you will use a Brute Force Solutions gem to convert int > to str but you mean the other way correct? Just don't want to get it confused myself, looks like a fun build, will probably try it out when the league starts.
"
WhaleRum wrote:
You say you will use a Brute Force Solutions gem to convert int > to str but you mean the other way correct? Just don't want to get it confused myself, looks like a fun build, will probably try it out when the league starts.

Oops! yeah you're correct, the jewel should be http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Efficient_Training

efficient training converts int -> str.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Are you going to add a section on leveling, or do you think it's only viable as a convert build? I'm thinking about starting the league with this, but I'm afraid of being too slow.
I am 100% playing this build and am very excited about it. My build is going to be more of a hybrid life/es/ev build but I may switch to CI in the future. Here's my question:
With the new elemental focus gem, you gain elemental damage but lose status ailments, and with elemental overload you gain elemental damage but lose critical multiplier. Would I be better off overall going for crit multi and/or keeping the ailment effects (primarily for the shock damage boost) by not using either the new node and/or support gem? My tree primarily stays around the shadow area so elemental overload is slightly out of the way (roughly 9 points). My thought was with high crit I would constantly be causing ailment effects and would have the extra crit multi since the nodes are easy for me to pickup. I'm just not sure if it would be an overall higher damage output since I would lose a lot of elemental damage.
"
Wiske wrote:
I am 100% playing this build and am very excited about it. My build is going to be more of a hybrid life/es/ev build but I may switch to CI in the future. Here's my question:
With the new elemental focus gem, you gain elemental damage but lose status ailments, and with elemental overload you gain elemental damage but lose critical multiplier. Would I be better off overall going for crit multi and/or keeping the ailment effects (primarily for the shock damage boost) by not using either the new node and/or support gem? My tree primarily stays around the shadow area so elemental overload is slightly out of the way (roughly 9 points). My thought was with high crit I would constantly be causing ailment effects and would have the extra crit multi since the nodes are easy for me to pickup. I'm just not sure if it would be an overall higher damage output since I would lose a lot of elemental damage.

Thanks for the enthusasim, i feel like this build is going to be very strong!

There was a reddit post of someone who did the math of Elemental Overload damage vs crit multi damage and essentially you'd need a very high investment in crit/multi to get the same damage with just enough crit chance to crit once every 8 seconds. If you want to go traditional crit, i'd consider going with my templar version actually.

"
Headmaster42 wrote:
Are you going to add a section on leveling, or do you think it's only viable as a convert build? I'm thinking about starting the league with this, but I'm afraid of being too slow.

As of right now, i'm going to be converting a level 75 witch to my build for the video and playtesting.

I will be adding a leveling guide later though.
updated post and title
Update preparing for release tomorrow.
*Update

More cleanup changed title and added image.
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 4, 2016, 9:29:07 AM
Considering this is a Witch build, how do you plan to get most of your gems at the start? My plan right now to is to play a Ranger up to act 3 normal since it gets a lot of the gems needed. Any recommendations welcome. Nice build by the way, I hope it's strong.

Wildstrike: Ranger(Act 3 Sever the Hand)

Weapon Ele Damage: Ranger (Act 2 Sharp and Cruel)

Multistrike: Witch gets its.

Added Fire: Lot of classes get it at Brutus.

Phys to Light: Act 1 Cruel with some, probably buying it.

Elemental Focus: Buying.

Whirling Blades: Ranger (Act 1 Brutus)

Faster Attack: Ranger (Act 2 Sharp and Cruel) Shared with WED, have to choose.

Fortify: Ranger (Act 3 A Fixture of Fate)

CWDT: Buying

Immortal Call: Buying

Increased Duration: Buying

Chaos Golem: Witch gets it.

Herald of Ash: Ranger (Act 2 Intruders in Black)

Curse on Hit: Witch gets it.

Warlord's Mark: Buying.

Enfeeble: Buying.

Hatred: Ranger (Act 3 Lost In Love)

Discipline: Witch gets it.
"
Considering this is a Witch build, how do you plan to get most of your gems at the start? My plan right now to is to play a Ranger up to act 3 normal since it gets a lot of the gems needed. Any recommendations welcome. Nice build by the way, I hope it's strong.

Wildstrike: Ranger(Act 3 Sever the Hand)

Weapon Ele Damage: Ranger (Act 2 Sharp and Cruel)

Multistrike: Witch gets its.

Added Fire: Lot of classes get it at Brutus.

Phys to Light: Act 1 Cruel with some, probably buying it.

Elemental Focus: Buying.

Whirling Blades: Ranger (Act 1 Brutus)

Faster Attack: Ranger (Act 2 Sharp and Cruel) Shared with WED, have to choose.

Fortify: Ranger (Act 3 A Fixture of Fate)

CWDT: Buying

Immortal Call: Buying

Increased Duration: Buying

Chaos Golem: Witch gets it.

Herald of Ash: Ranger (Act 2 Intruders in Black)

Curse on Hit: Witch gets it.

Warlord's Mark: Buying.

Enfeeble: Buying.

Hatred: Ranger (Act 3 Lost In Love)

Discipline: Witch gets it.

As of right now, i'm going to be converting a level 75 witch to the end game version of the build for a proof of concept. If she is especially strong (which i believe she will be) I'll do a full leveling guide in perandus league.

glhf in ascendancy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info