[2.2] The Wild Spellblade | Elementalist | Pure Elemental Wild Striker

(Follow up)

In effect, Shaper of Destruction is incredible. The Elemental Conflux transforms everything I create into ignitions, and it's not rare to run into a pack already burned to the ground because they were hit by a Freezing Pulse projectile.

The Tooltips shows nothing of the real power of the actual build, since it omits:
- 20% penetration
- Hypothermia's 40% More multiplier against chilled
- any increased from status ailments (Shock/Burning - Gang's momentum)

But since people like numbers, i'm around 25-30k tooltip with a 0.12 attack time full charges

My overall crit chance is low, but usually high enough to be kind of perma Elemental Overload.

Contrary to the original build here, I rely a lot on Status Ailments, because they are invaluable tools, for both damage increase and Crowd Control.

Elemental Reflect is usually not a big problem, but can be sometimes a bit annoying

Blood Rage is the most annoying part, as it has to be mitigated via Endurance Charges, and I'm not necessarily with my 3 charges up.
Last edited by Ravine on Apr 20, 2016, 5:36:35 AM
"
The Tooltips shows nothing of the real power of the actual build, since it omits:
- 20% penetration
- Hypothermia's 40% More multiplier against chilled
- any increased from status ailments (Shock/Burning - Gang's momentum)

Another reason is that the portion of the attack that is converted to a random element is shown as physical damage on the tooltip, and thus doesn't receive correct scaling from increased elemental damage for the tooltip DPS calculation.

One of my too many characters in the Perandus league is a Wild Strike Elementalist using Kongor's Undying Rage: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rammurg/characters (Eleli a bit past halfway through the character list)

Using 3-curse Blasphemy with Elemental Weakness, Warlord's Mark (for life and mana leech + Endurance Charges don't hurt) and Assassin's Mark. Using Assassin's Mark feels a bit questionable when you gain no benefit from crit multiplier, but it does give me good uptime on Elemental Overload and Onslaught from my weapon, and has the benefit of more frequent elemental status effects. Elemental Overload uptime feels a bit shaky without it, possibly due to using a slow-ish 2H weapon.

I've got just enough mana reservation reduction to run 3 curses + Herald of Ash (the overkill ignite is VERY useful with this build, by the way), my 5-link Wild Strike costs 19 mana and I've got 25 mana unreserved.

Vaal Lighting Strike speeds up boss kills by a couple of seconds. It would probably be far more impactful as a 5-link.

It initially felt 'wrong' to make such a seemingly unoptimized build with wasteful pathing (energy shield at witch start, AoE nodes, going to Duelist area feels questionable) and curses (Assassin's Mark), but in practice I've had no significant problems with up to T10-12 maps and deal far more damage than the ~19k tooltip on Wild Strike (in Hideout, not during Pendulum of Destruction) would suggest.

Any questions are welcome :)
Last edited by Rammurg on Apr 24, 2016, 5:56:59 AM
Can we get an updated tree? I'm planning something similar (using DW though) and would like to see your tree so I can change it to something for my play style.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info