Can we have flashback events in the permanent SC/HC?

OMFG.

Goetz.

NOBODY IS SUGGESTING TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM TEMP LEAGUES.

Casually casual.

I think the OP got it right: It should be *flash-back* events. So only past leagues are available. The current temp league should be for early adopters and testing.

Best of both worlds.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
I think the OP got it right: It should be *flash-back* events. So only past leagues are available. The current temp league should be for early adopters and testing.

Best of both worlds.

Cool so if the new testing league is void you wouldn't have any issue with this since it's for testing you know - right ?
R.I.P 4.B.
What does the one have to do with the other?
Whether or not temp leagues go to void is an independant topic.

Spoiler
I personally would not play temp leagues then, but that's just my opinion
"
treffnix wrote:

Spoiler

Wait why not , I though you like testing . Best of both worlds right ?

You test the current stuff and enjoy the new content that will be added to the game while you're testing .

Assuming that you're up for the challenge .

( This may sound like a personal attack but what I'm doing really is not directed towards you personally at all , just trying to make a point )
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Feb 14, 2016, 5:06:20 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
People love flashback events as incentive to play a slightly different game. People love fresh starts. People love smashing mobs with strong builds.

So far two of the above three have been combined, but we haven't had flashback weeks/days/weekends in the permanent SC/HC leagues.

Why not? It seems like it would give people incentive to dust off some of the gear they've collected over past leagues and have some fun.

People were annoyed with perma beyond in flashback, but I'm pretty sure people would love it in standard. Or how about 24hrs of darkshrines in standard...mmmm... or a weekend of Ambush...mmmm... I just start salivating thinking about it.

Edit: perhaps this could be implemented as a free zana mod, so only those who want to participate have to. (Thanks to goetzjam for this suggestion)

I'm kinda confused.
You said "People love fresh starts" but also talk about using previously collected gear?

Is what you're asking for the opportunity to sometimes be able to take your established Standard/Hardcore character and do league mods without having to be in a map or pay Zana?

Or are you asking for temporary events where you have access to your Standard/Hardcore league stashes but have to make a new character?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
treffnix wrote:

Spoiler

Wait why not , I though you like testing . Best of both worlds right ?

You test the current stuff and enjoy the new content that will be added to the game while you're testing .

Assuming that you're up for the challenge .

( This may sound like a personal attack but what I'm doing really is not directed towards you personally at all , just trying to make a point )

I never said I like testing. I just said that temp leagues are a good place to test new content. Imagine if all the totally OP one-shotters introduced in each new league (and only nerfed after 2 weeks) were to be added to std. That would be no fun at all. But once a mod is well tested (end of temp league), its fixed variant can be introduced to std. This often happens, but usually at a greatly reduced rate. And this is where flash-back events would be nice in std, so we can enjoy the good parts of previous leagues later as well. It would also solve most of the complaints regarding legacy items. Just not the OP ones which were nerfed since their introduction, but they are a harder problem to solve and not a topic for this thread.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
People love flashback events as incentive to play a slightly different game. People love fresh starts. People love smashing mobs with strong builds.

So far two of the above three have been combined, but we haven't had flashback weeks/days/weekends in the permanent SC/HC leagues.

Why not? It seems like it would give people incentive to dust off some of the gear they've collected over past leagues and have some fun.

People were annoyed with perma beyond in flashback, but I'm pretty sure people would love it in standard. Or how about 24hrs of darkshrines in standard...mmmm... or a weekend of Ambush...mmmm... I just start salivating thinking about it.

Edit: perhaps this could be implemented as a free zana mod, so only those who want to participate have to. (Thanks to goetzjam for this suggestion)

I'm kinda confused.
You said "People love fresh starts" but also talk about using previously collected gear?

Is what you're asking for the opportunity to sometimes be able to take your established Standard/Hardcore character and do league mods without having to be in a map or pay Zana?

Or are you asking for temporary events where you have access to your Standard/Hardcore league stashes but have to make a new character?

Read past the first paragraph, lol. Only go as far as the second if you must.
Casually casual.

"
Wiseman wrote:
No1 cares about standard really, its like a ghost league.

most active leage uhm :P
dank
"
bjornNL wrote:
"
Wiseman wrote:
No1 cares about standard really, its like a ghost league.

most active leage uhm :P

Don't feed the retards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info