Can we have flashback events in the permanent SC/HC?

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Forcing the mod? You act like it's actually something difficult. Do you actually struggle in those leagues, lol? They've just been consistent loot piñatas from the very start.

There are a lot of people who struggled with permanent beyond in Flashback. Tempest might also make people think twice. Even though in the perm leagues people are better equipped to deal with ruckus mods, I think it would be nice if it was a opt in system like free zana mods.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Feb 12, 2016, 8:53:32 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Forcing the mod? You act like it's actually something difficult. Do you actually struggle in those leagues, lol? They've just been consistent loot piñatas from the very start.

There are a lot of people who struggled with permanent beyond in Flashback. Tempest might also make people think twice. Even though in the perm leagues people are better equipped to deal with ruckus mods, I think it would be nice if it was a opt in system like free zana mods.

Yeah, I agree that would work.

So whenever a temp league is running, you can choose to have it on your map in permanent leagues for free.

They have it now but you are expected to pay 3 ex per map (wtf is that about lol).
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Yeah, I agree that would work.

So whenever a temp league is running, you can choose to have it on your map in permanent leagues for free.

They have it now but you are expected to pay 3 ex per map (wtf is that about lol).

Its because you can get the uniques that way.

I think that it also shouldn't drop league specific items if you aren't paying for it. So keep the option to pay to get the chance at those uniques (maybe a more reasonable cost) and allow for free league.

Problem is a league like tailsman is partly pointless from zana only because the league in general doenst interact with maps, its just kinda there.

Lets not also forget that GGG made it so the temp league idea is the same now, so standard and regular HC currently offer a sanctuary from shitty mods, I know various people didn't participate in rampage and other subpar leagues.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Feb 12, 2016, 9:43:14 PM
More fun? OH NO, NEVER!!!
+1 for past leagues in std

I would like to see it implemented as free Zana mods, but working like the MTX daily deals: Every day a different league mod is on special. This would make me watch for these specials and play the mods I think I might enjoy.

And why ever shouldn't the leagues drop their specific items? Of course, if an item was nerfed since the original league it should drop its nerfed variant, but what exactly is the advantage of having legacy "normal" items? The economy? F*ck the economy in std, this game is supposed to be fun.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
+1 from me.

I think I've had enough "fresh starts" already, which is why I'll probably be playing exclusively standard from now on. Your Flashback idea would be a really nice addition to my (and possibly, others like me) perma-league experience.

wouldn't even mind if during those events league-specific uniques didn't drop, the fun factor would be enough.

And didn't Chris once say, in a podcast or something like that, that they were thinking about introducing "Warbands weekends" in Standard leagues? I could be confusing something, so don't quote me on this, but I could swear I've heard is somewhere.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Last edited by Anseth on Feb 13, 2016, 5:21:56 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Its because you can get the uniques that way.

So?

As I said, temp leagues can offer what perm leagues can't. Economy reset, short duration, ladder race.

There's no reason for bribe-deprive incentives, people who want to play temp leagues for those reasons can. League mods and league uniques can apply to perm leagues during the duration, and because of the point of 'what if someone scurred' then it's applied via free Zana. Anyone wanting to experience the mods from lvl 1 would still have to play the temp league with the people that play temp leagues for the reset reasons.

"
goetzjam wrote:
I think that it also shouldn't drop league specific items if you aren't paying for it. So keep the option to pay to get the chance at those uniques (maybe a more reasonable cost) and allow for free league.

But, why? You don't pay for them to drop in the temp leagues. The whole paying for them is a 'no longer drop, after the leagues are legacied' thing. The items are part of the league, we've already ascertained that the only aspects of the league which need to be specific to temp leagues are those that require a temp league.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Problem is a league like tailsman is partly pointless from zana only because the league in general doenst interact with maps, its just kinda there.

Wait, what? Yes, Talisman is just there, so it is there in maps o.O.
The only reason we said map only and optional was because of the people who apparently don't want league mods forced on them.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Lets not also forget that GGG made it so the temp league idea is the same now, so standard and regular HC currently offer a sanctuary from shitty mods, I know various people didn't participate in rampage and other subpar leagues.

Uhhhm, optional free Zana. O.o
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 13, 2016, 6:16:50 AM
Sounds like a great idea!
IGN: Scordalia_
I like the idea too.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
goetzjam wrote:
Temp leagues are a TEST for what should be added to the main game, you aren't giving people in standard a choice by forcing the mod onto them during the same duration.

Have thought about this for a while. First the Zana idea seems to be fine... but then again, it's not the feeling of a flashback league.

Let's assume these event is going to happen, it gets a new (blabla starts in ... days). Now instead of being forced you can choose ... and here we have again at least two options how GGG can do it.

a)
- you are interested and want to participate in this league, you click 'yes' all mods were enabled in each zone for each of your characters for the duration of the event.
- you are not interested and you login and nothing has changed, at this point in time you can't join zones of people playing/participating in the event because their zones have different mods enabled that you choose to avoid.

^ this is almost like the flashbacks we had previously... when the mods changed you can't re-enter an instance that was created before the modchange, everybody else didn't notice anything until he has left the instance.

b)
- the flashback event is in a separated league. but you can select which of your previously created characters from perma league you want to play in the event. when the event starts the character is moved from perma to the event league (like after each temp league ends) and goes back after the event ended.
- nothing happens for people that don't wanna participate in

^ we already know this, but instead temp->perma we go perma->temp - has the downside of an empty stash(!?) but it doesn't interfere any player who wants to play the std. league without disturbance.

Any thoughts, Anu?
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info