Can we have flashback events in the permanent SC/HC?

... because mighty goetzjam knows what the game is intended to be played like, and you don't ;).

Anyways, I cannot see a single reason why past league mods should not be free (in rotation) on the Zana device (make them not drop league-specific uniques if needed). Or happen in normal areas. Maybe in side areas that are not within the main quest line. Keeps the exclusivity of the current temp league, even though it is pretty sad (and should tell sth to GGG) if they need to make it exclusive to draw players.

I miss Darkshrine. That one isn't even available through a map device.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Boem wrote:
^Anu, just read your sig, what happens if a talisman is imbalanced?

I mean, hypothetically if they allow free league modifiers in standard while the league is running it would also imply standard get's talismans.

What happens if they release a broken one and wish to discontinue it after the league ends?

Peace,

-Boem-

All Talismans that drop go to permanent leagues anyway :D
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

That's not really a solid argument anu.

They effectively go to stashes of people that most likely favor playing temp league's. As such they hold very little relevance after a temp league ends for standard if GGG removes them or thinks they are not solid for the core game experience.

There is some merit to temp league's being 4ever beta and a testing ground for mechanics or new item-bases without impacting standard all that much.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
goetzjam wrote:

Thats fine if you read it as that as well. Trivial when you have no idea what it would take, trivial when it only affects as much as we know 30% of the playerbase, trivial when the incentive to play standard is LONG TERM PROGRESSION, it is and HAS ALWAYS been that.

That did not answer my post whatsoever...
"
goetzjam wrote:

The economy doesn't need fucked anymore because you want to have "more fun for 'free'"

...and that explains why: You may even be able to read the words, but you do not get the point at all. No sense in arguing with you, all you ever say (in many different ways) to almost any suggestion from people is "GGG did not implement it that way, so they don't want it and so your suggestion/opinion is bad". That is wrong on so many levels, but I really don't think it makes sense to explain it to you.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
standard needs more events

whether it's upping vaal areas, strongboxes, spirits, exiles, shrines

it needs *something*

It just feels so bland and incredibly unrewarding playing standard compared to the constant loot explosions in 1 month flashback.

Maybe it's because we've gone a long time without anything from leagues being added to standard, i.e. no tempest, no warbands, no dark shrine, and probably no talismans (or if they add talismans, it's not really significant gameplay wise anyway).

Standard has seen ~1 year with no league content. In gaming time that's forever.

Some rotating rampage, beyond, invasion, onslaught, etc etc (or all together) without being restricted to a high cost zana add-on would be fun. There's a portion of the playerbase that loves their long-term characters. Placing all the fun stuff in start from scratch leagues is kind of lame.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

That's not really a solid argument anu.

They effectively go to stashes of people that most likely favor playing temp league's. As such they hold very little relevance after a temp league ends for standard if GGG removes them or thinks they are not solid for the core game experience.

There is some merit to temp league's being 4ever beta and a testing ground for mechanics or new item-bases without impacting standard all that much.

Peace,

-Boem-

That's just silly.

A permanent league player can make a character in the temp league and take items back after the league ends, or make a character in the HC temp league and rip items back, or buy items from other people bringing them to perm leagues.

The core game is not permanent leagues as such. The core game is the whole game at any stage minus any temp league mods. Both permanent and temporary leagues use the core game, races use the core game, currently the latter two also, usually have additional mods on top, the latter two also have no access to later balanced items, or in other words legacy. Permanent leagues always will have legacy items. Whether or not the current running league mods are a free Zana mod or a 3ex (lol) Zana mod.
Casually casual.

"
Vhlad wrote:
standard needs more events

whether it's upping vaal areas, strongboxes, spirits, exiles, shrines

it needs *something*

It just feels so bland and incredibly unrewarding playing standard compared to the constant loot explosions in 1 month flashback.

Maybe it's because we've gone a long time without anything from leagues being added to standard, i.e. no tempest, no warbands, no dark shrine, and probably no talismans (or if they add talismans, it's not really significant gameplay wise anyway).

Standard has seen ~1 year with no league content. In gaming time that's forever.

Some rotating rampage, beyond, invasion, onslaught, etc etc (or all together) without being restricted to a high cost zana add-on would be fun. There's a portion of the playerbase that loves their long-term characters. Placing all the fun stuff in start from scratch leagues is kind of lame.

Standard is boring because it is stale not because it doesn't get the new league idea or because it doesn't have events.

They SPECIFICALLY said that they don't want to do events. It DOES NOT MATTER for what reason you want the events to happen it is viewed by them (and others) as a cheesy way to incite players to play a specific way or more importantly at a specific time.

1 month events are nothing like standard or challenge leagues, those are designed to be chaotic and to throw a wretch at you, but implementing that as a global blanket across standard, which is the league designed to be the "safest" and easiest way to play is wrong, just because you choose to play in a boring league doesn't mean it should be "more fun" because a 1 month like the flashback looked fun or even was fun. Part of what makes those things special is that they are unique AND require you to test your knowledge and skills in a new environment, if your unwilling to do that, then you deserve the boring plain league you have.

GGG enables players to spiceup there maps, but players complain about the price despite most of them being reasonable.

I'll agree 1 year with no league content is a bit much, unfor. the design of the temp leagues just don't fit into the main part of the game. As clear with something like tempest or warbands they are merely "too much" for those unwilling to do the challenge.

You should have or should know by now that standard is for LONG TERM PROGRESSION, you don't get the new shinny stuff when it comes out, except for expansion content, the "league ideas" ALWAYS HAVE and ALWAYS WILL funnel thru the temp leagues first, its easier to control the challenge and content that way.

"
A permanent league player can make a character in the temp league and take items back after the league ends, or make a character in the HC temp league and rip items back, or buy items from other people bringing them to perm leagues.

Which players are encouraged to you, yet you won't because you only play the game in a specific way, if you want to reap the benefits of all the game has to offer, I suggest you play the game in a way that allows for you to participate and have fun in all of the content. Its actually a quite amazing concept really.

"
The core game is not permanent leagues as such. The core game is the whole game at any stage minus any temp league mods. Both permanent and temporary leagues use the core game, races use the core game, currently the latter two also, usually have additional mods on top, the latter two also have no access to later balanced items, or in other words legacy. Permanent leagues always will have legacy items. Whether or not the current running league mods are a free Zana mod or a 3ex (lol) Zana mod.

Standard mimics the core gameplay, it was DESIGNED TO ALWAYS BE THAT WAY, so that players could have a safe-haven away from the challenges or "new" stuff.

Not all races use core gameplay, you should know that by now. The temp leagues are core gameplay WITH the additional temp league content on top. Standard = core gameplay, go read some old post, I'm sure you can find something to clear this up for you.

Perm leagues have the legacy items and mods exclusivity and temp leagues have the first "dibs" to the potentially unbalanced and untested content.

I've only supported (as you know part of the middle ground) the ability if GGG so wants to allow for an 'event' whereas the zana mod (and drops that co-inside) with NON CURRENT leagues are free, even then I doubt they would ever do such a thing.

If your bored of playing standard, play the temp leagues, that character will be there when you get back, who knows maybe its the many factors of playing in standard that makes it seem "unfun" and you will have more fun in the temp leagues. Or you can "just be done with the game"
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I don't understand, goetz. Why does an optional 3 ex Zana mod offer a 'safe-haven' but an optional free Zana mod doesn't?

As for playing in temp leagues, they are far too short, like really, really far too short. There was a point when Chris said they were going to be longer than 3 months that I'd considered playing them if they went to 6 months, but the first 'longer' league ended up being the shortest ever, lol. I play for long progression, it's one of the reasons I would never consider just buying gear, 3 months, to me, is just not worth contemplating.

You mock my play style so often, I don't think you ever realise the things I don't partake in are the very things which contribute to the inevitable boredom and short lived fun period that the masses experience repeatedly. My boredom with the game is coming from the starvation of free, different content in permanent leagues. I'm suggesting a way for GGG to fix that, because the way I'm supposed to fix that just breaks so much more.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 16, 2016, 7:38:18 PM
It doesn't make sense to label standard as the stable/safe/easy league when the current flavor temp league is the default league for a new player (and temp leagues are most appropriate for new players, since self-found rewards are very poor and participating in trade/the economy is so much more accessible in a fresh league; plus there's much more activity in leveling things like forsaken masters).

By the time the league ends, a dedicated player will be finished merciless and into mapping. But temp leagues don't last long enough for a nontrivial % of non-no-lifers to be satisfied/fulfilled with their character progression.

In talisman we have under 500 characters reaching above level 95 so far. So the vast majority of players will either abandon their character when the league ends or pursue a long-term 90-100 grind in standard.

Maybe if GGG ramped up rewards in temp leagues even more this wouldn't be an issue but as-is, I think GGG would be much better off if that 90-100 grind in standard was less boring/bland. If anything, the super long term permanent league seems like a better candidate for more interesting things, since that's where new players go after they beat merciless, and that's where most players find time to tackle the bulk of the intensive 90+ grind.

I'm approaching having 8 characters level 90-95 (1 of each class +1). It would be nice to play them in a league setting that wasn't so bland. The comparison is even worse for a new player who gets used to something flashy in a temp league, and then goes into the dullness of standard. Maybe if temp leagues didn't have everything standard had plus more, going into standard wouldn't seem so bland. i.e. if temp leagues took a constructed MtG format, where old league mods/mechanics were retired.

Anyway, players interested in starting over are inherently enticed by a temp league, since it's a fresh economy. I'm not sure why GGG feels the need to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple down and pile on temp league only uniques, temp league only challenge rewards, temp league only mechanics/item bases/progression systems, and massive buffs to reward/time ratios in temp league environments (with dark shrine/flashback being an order of magnitude more rewarding than standard). So much bribing for temp leagues and so much bland for standard doesn't jive for me.

Eternal formats in MtG feel awesome. GGG needs to bring more of that awesome to standard.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
One thing they could do which has been suggested so many times is to allow zana mods costs on a per portal basis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info