Can we have flashback events in the permanent SC/HC?

"
goetzjam wrote:
If you can't find a reason to play standard without some bullshit event or special mod going on, then perhaps you shouldn't be playing standard to begin with. Its goal from a design standpoint has remained the same throughout time, provide a place for characters to progress in the longterm.

That's rich.

You are taking issue with that 'bullshit event or special mod' not being exclusive to temp leagues as free.

If you can't find a reason to play temp leagues without some bullshit event or special mod being exclusive as free, then perhaps you shouldn't be playing temp leagues to begin with. Their goal from a design standpoint has remained the same throughout time, provide a place for a fresh economy, ladder race and shopping achievements.

CwutIdidthar?

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 16, 2016, 3:59:20 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Standard shouldn't rotate thru shit...No bribery is needed to encourage players to progress a longterm character or play in a league saturated with items...

This statement can also be read as "GGG sees no sense in making std more fun than necessary". And why the hell not? Some of the past leagues were good fun and with Zana, there is an existing way to re-experience that fun. It would be technically trivial to make rotating specials so more people can afford the daily/weekly/whateverly past-league freebie mod.
And don't come with "but the economy" because
1. std's economy is anyway beyond salvation
2. even past leagues don't give free loot or satisfy instant gratification seekers

So the reasoning must be "we want more people to play temp leagues and the best way to achieve that even though many want to play std is to make std less fun than possible". In a game! That's really f*cked up reasoning.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
If you can't find a reason to play standard without some bullshit event or special mod going on, then perhaps you shouldn't be playing standard to begin with. Its goal from a design standpoint has remained the same throughout time, provide a place for characters to progress in the longterm.

That's rich.

You are taking issue with that 'bullshit event or special mod' not being exclusive to temp leagues as free.

If you can't find a reason to play temp leagues without some bullshit event or special mod being exclusive as free, then perhaps you shouldn't be playing temp leagues to begin with. Their goal from a design standpoint has remained the same throughout time, provide a place for a fresh economy, ladder race and shopping achievements.

CwutIdidthar?

Are you really just mocking me hoping that will make your point somehow valid.

The temp leagues have always offered the "new" idea, part of its "package" standard never has, yet still has enough incentive for you to play there. You will play in standard until you are dead or the game is dead. So why would they need to better incentive a league you play in, lets also not forget you don't participate in the economy.

"
This statement can also be read as "GGG sees no sense in making std more fun than necessary". And why the hell not? Some of the past leagues were good fun and with Zana, there is an existing way to re-experience that fun. It would be technically trivial to make rotating specials so more people can afford the daily/weekly/whateverly past-league freebie mod.
And don't come with "but the economy" because
1. std's economy is anyway beyond salvation
2. even past leagues don't give free loot or satisfy instant gratification seekers

So the reasoning must be "we want more people to play temp leagues and the best way to achieve that even though many want to play std is to make std less fun than possible". In a game! That's really f*cked up reasoning.

Thats fine if you read it as that as well. Trivial when you have no idea what it would take, trivial when it only affects as much as we know 30% of the playerbase, trivial when the incentive to play standard is LONG TERM PROGRESSION, it is and HAS ALWAYS been that.

The economy doesn't need fucked anymore because you want to have "more fun for 'free'"

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
You will play in standard until you are dead or the game is dead.

Actually, I won't.

I'll be playing until this character is 100 (so before 2.2) and then not. I doubt I'll see the changes that would bring me back, either.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Actually, I won't.

I'll be playing until this character is 100 (so before 2.2) and then not. I doubt I'll see the changes that would bring me back, either.

So you are done regardless so why bother responding to threads which don't concern you?

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Actually, I won't.

So you are done regardless so why bother responding to threads which don't concern you?

Feedback and Suggestions
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Feedback and Suggestions

I see.

I think neither one of these ideas would happen, I can't even pick which one would be more likely a thing.

I still can't believe you think all the temp leagues NEED in order to draw players is a new ladder, in fact I would say a good portion of players only play because its the way to experience the temp league idea, so you indeed are asking for them to take away the exclusivity of the league, just because you don't want to play the game the way it is intended.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Feedback and Suggestions

I see.

I think neither one of these ideas would happen, I can't even pick which one would be more likely a thing.

I still can't believe you think all the temp leagues NEED in order to draw players is a new ladder, in fact I would say a good portion of players only play because its the way to experience the temp league idea, so you indeed are asking for them to take away the exclusivity of the league, just because you don't want to play the game the way it is intended.

But, that's the point :/

People who only play temp leagues for the different mods and who wouldn't otherwise could play permanent leagues and experience that (as optional free Zana). While those who want to play temp leagues for economy reset etc, still play temp leagues.

And one sole person gets upset because some people in perm leagues get to experience more content.

Like, duhhhh!!!! Hello!!!
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 16, 2016, 5:56:32 PM
^Anu, just read your sig, what happens if a talisman is imbalanced?

I mean, hypothetically if they allow free league modifiers in standard while the league is running it would also imply standard get's talismans.

What happens if they release a broken one and wish to discontinue it after the league ends?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Flashback League II was great. It would be seriously fun if I could enjoy it with a greater percentage of my roster.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info