Can we have flashback events in the permanent SC/HC?

People love flashback events as incentive to play a slightly different game. People love fresh starts. People love smashing mobs with strong builds.

So far two of the above three have been combined, but we haven't had flashback weeks/days/weekends in the permanent SC/HC leagues.

Why not? It seems like it would give people incentive to dust off some of the gear they've collected over past leagues and have some fun.

People were annoyed with perma beyond in flashback, but I'm pretty sure people would love it in standard. Or how about 24hrs of darkshrines in standard...mmmm... or a weekend of Ambush...mmmm... I just start salivating thinking about it.

Edit: perhaps this could be implemented as a free zana mod, so only those who want to participate have to. (Thanks to goetzjam for this suggestion)
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Feb 12, 2016, 2:32:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Standard does need some love.

It feels really unrewarding to play compared to temp leagues that have bonuses. Which seems odd, given that standard seems to be the best fit for casual players who take months/years to level.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Unfortunately I think Zana is intended to fill this gap. That is the main reason I have posted in other threads that I'd like to see reduced costs for solo players, or parties smaller than 6.

At face value I'd love it if we could get "events" in permanent leagues Standard, but it's pretty hard to pull off without people feeling like others/themselves are being unfairly rewarded/penalised if they do/don't play at a given time.
GGG have stated their stance on stuff like this from early open beta? I haven't been able to find the quote yet, it had something to do with exp bonuses on weekends (peak) I think.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 14, 2016, 9:34:28 PM
"
Unfortunately I think Zana is intended to fill this gap. That is the main reason I have posted in other threads that I'd like to see reduced costs for solo players, or parties smaller than 6.

At face value I'd love it if we could get "events" in permanent leagues Standard, but it's pretty hard to pull off without people feeling like others/themselves are being unfairly rewarded/penalised if they do/don't play at a given time.
GGG have stated their stance on stuff like this from early open beta? I haven't been able to find the quote yet, it had something to do with exp bonuses on weekends (peak) I think.

I was penalized for not playing Anarchy/Domination when the eternals were cheap and everyone was a noob. I was penalized for not playing Darkshrines. I am penalized for taking breaks during the start of temp leagues when my 40c goes from 1ex in value to 0.5ex.

Everyone else is also penalized to a varying degree whenever they take a break. It's the opportunity cost of life.

You can't use that logic to argue against temporary events in standard.

And bump.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
+1

Love for Standard!
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Although I don't play standard (too lazy to sort remove-only tabs) I think it would be pretty good to have this sort of thing in Standard, as long as it's optional.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

I was penalized for not playing Anarchy/Domination when the eternals were cheap and everyone was a noob. I was penalized for not playing Darkshrines. I am penalized for taking breaks during the start of temp leagues when my 40c goes from 1ex in value to 0.5ex.

Everyone else is also penalized to a varying degree whenever they take a break. It's the opportunity cost of life.

You can't use that logic to argue against temporary events in standard.

And bump.

That's not my logic though. GGG have a stated stance on a similar topic. I'll renew my efforts to find that quote. (Or please anyone from GGG reading this, I am sure you know the policy on "exp weekends" etc)

I would absolutely love it if Standard got some love, I really would. Unfortunately GGG's answer seems to be Zana mods, how else can they get us to part with all the currency that has accreted there?
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 11, 2016, 11:43:36 PM
No1 cares about standard really, its like a ghost league.
What kind of reaction from the general playerbase would you expect if the next Challenge Leagues were voided?
"
What kind of reaction from the general playerbase would you expect if the next Challenge Leagues were voided?

For HC players it likely wouldn't be a large issue for the ones that don't cross league the items back.

For SC players they might not be happy.

Regardless they won't void challenge leagues, it literally doesn't fit the design of the game.

As for OP's topic they won't and shouldn't add in anything in standard like this. If they wanted to spend the time to do "flashback" or whatever they could add a zana mod in the game and hopefully tie the price to the standard and regular HC league, if not and if it has to be global then I guess you will have to deal with it not just being exclusive to standard. Make the mode free, remove the drops from those league specific items of course.

Other then making a free zana mod there isn't a way in the current game to have what you want. They aren't going to change standard completely for whatever time frame and force people to level up and play with the flashblack stuff.

GGG's goal should be to make the temp leagues (you know the SC one is the default SC league) the best experience possible. Giving standard players or anyone to a reason to play standard isn't and shouldn't be necessary.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info