[2.3.0] Detonate Dead Elemental Proliferation Trap, Massive damage 2mil+

Just another idea which pop up in my mind:

If we choose scion, could the saboteur (trap cooldown) and the chieftrain's 15% ignite chance (+ the ignite chance from flammability) be a good choice? Than we would have already 30% chance to ignite.
"
7thSlap wrote:
Just another idea which pop up in my mind:

If we choose scion, could the saboteur (trap cooldown) and the chieftrain's 15% ignite chance (+ the ignite chance from flammability) be a good choice? Than we would have already 30% chance to ignite.

Yep it's great and it's one of the classes that i plan to test. There is an ascendancy chart in OP.
Yeah I thin I will do the same. But I will play it with flammability, ele weakness, enfeeble & temp chains on blashphemy.
Trap cooldown gem confirmed for 2.2

6link: DD, trap, trap&mine dmg, iAOE, prolif, trap cooldown instead of fire pen

this opens non saboteur class build like elementalist or necromancer.

Necromancer: we are going to swap multitrap for cluster which spawns 9 corpses regardless of saboteur all trap go off node cause they are very close to each other. DD uses only one corpse therefore there are 8 corpses for bone offering =>20s duration.
15base+35 offering + rumi's + rainbowstride or stone of lahzwar= 50% (75%) block 46 (75%) spell block
together with 600 life on block => basicly immortality

Elementalist: 90% dmg, free prolif without 20% less dmg modifier. It's better then saboteur in terms of dmg and clear speed

Scion is still in the game with chance to ignite good start position and trap cooldown
Shadow saboteur is not as good when i think about it lately
Last edited by Proximi on Mar 2, 2016, 7:01:32 PM
Does someone knows if elemental overload will work with traps? If traps does not trigger it, could a combination of ball lightning - gmp - inc crit chance be an option to trigger EO?

/Edit:

"
Proximi wrote:

Necromancer: we are going to swap multitrap for cluster which spawns 9 corpses regardless of saboteur all trap go off node cause they are very close to each other. DD uses only one corpse therefore there are 8 corpses for bone offering =>20s duration.
15base+35 offering + rumi's + rainbowstride or stone of lahzwar= 50% (75%) block 46 (75%) spell block
together with 600 life on block => basicly immortality

Bone offering has a max duration of 7sec. Too bad...
Last edited by 7thSlap on Mar 3, 2016, 12:36:01 AM
According to poe wiki bone offering base is indeed capped at 7s = 3s + 4s->8 corpses. Further increased by increase duration (74), potency of will (45) and quality (10). You get 16s still good enough. thx for correction, i've never played a summoner.

edit. Forgot that necromancer herself has 30% duration in tree so 18s.
Last edited by Proximi on Mar 3, 2016, 2:56:17 AM
Elemental overload will work but you'll need to trigger it manualy (ziggy explanation, i don't agree with the part where he talks about nerfing it since he doesn't understand how annoying it will be to keep it up in the endgame):

Basicly you gonna cast orb of storms which rolls crit on every bolt which makes it relatively easy to sustain. I don't think it's necessary for adds but it's definitely amazing for bosses, because i read somewhere that they apparently fixed the burn cap for 2.2.
Last edited by Proximi on Mar 3, 2016, 3:18:33 AM
Any reason not to use occultist? I mean with dd trap we are not all to interested in getting more damage, as our damage is already capped. Therefore elementalist or necromancer don't appear to be useful. The cd reduction from saboteur might be nice, but scion is probably going to be the better choice for that.
I feel like with malediction and wicked ward it is going to be easier to gear our character, especially if the recharging es is not prevented by damage line works with eb. In talisman I never managed to get a +1 curses amulet and was stuck with a doedre's damning.
"
Turmfalke_ wrote:
with dd trap we are not all to interested in getting more damage, [...] Therefore [...] necromancer don't appear to be useful

I feel like, if you want defense, it's hard to beat necromancer. Mistress of Sacrifice + Bone Offering basically gives you a life-based Aegis Aurora. A level 20 Bone Offering gives you 594 life on block. For a similar amount of ES-gain for Aegis, you would need 29.7k Armour (or half that for legacy Aegis). Plus, Bone Offering gives you 35% Block/34% Spell Block and is usable with Mind Over Matter (since it's life-based gain — as far as I know, MoM doesn't work for non-EB ES).

Occultist would definitely seem to be a viable defensive option if you're going ES-based. Trappers tend to kite for days so Wicked Ward is going to be really strong. You could probably get absurd ES and might even be able to go CI as well. I just feel that, if you go life-based or EB MoM, necromancer is going to be a far tougher nut to crack.

That's just my opinion, though. Proximi is probably gonna have a more informed one since he's been running this build.

(The good news, of course, is that you can always respec Ascendancy classes!)
From reading the patch nodes it looks like ggg didn't nerf curse effectiveness, so we should still be able to reach ~73 less monster speed. This monsters just walking up to us and hitting us is pretty unlikely - unless they are curse immune. While the 30% spell block are nice to have for the occasional spell from offscreen/outside of blaspheme range, I always felt like block is something you either commit to or don't depend on at all.
Looking at the other necromancer nodes, do we know whether spirit eater already works with the first dd?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info