[2.3.0] Detonate Dead Elemental Proliferation Trap, Massive damage 2mil+

"
Proximi wrote:
for faster WB better to use 2aps 1h weapon then prismatic

Whichever works better. IIRC the speed of WB relies on "Increased Attack Speed" modifiers only, not the actual APS of the weapon. :)
Last edited by joeshinつ on Feb 17, 2016, 3:55:50 PM
Nice build overall.

About the tree: Is blast radius realy needed? Or could I spec this points into breath of flames for a higher chance to ignite?
"
7thSlap wrote:
Nice build overall.

About the tree: Is blast radius realy needed? Or could I spec this points into breath of flames for a higher chance to ignite?

Aoe nodes are very important after aoe nerf in 2.1.
So i would drop shadow elemental start nodes and took closer way around instead and maybe few 5% life nodes in scion wheel, i personaly never felt the need for more life then 3.8 once i had maxed curse and temp chains 20q with enhance 3 (enfeeble instead of ele. weakness on harder mods if needed). with mom you still have 5k effective life.
"
Proximi wrote:
"
7thSlap wrote:
Nice build overall.

Aoe nodes are very important after aoe nerf in 2.1.
So i would drop shadow elemental start nodes and took closer way around instead and maybe few 5% life nodes in scion wheel, i personaly never felt the need for more life then 3.8 once i had maxed curse and temp chains 20q with enhance 3 (enfeeble instead of ele. weakness on harder mods if needed). with mom you still have 5k effective life.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Another question about the chance to ignite: How much 'ignite chance' is needed? I would use a +1 Rashkaldor's Patience with a doedre's ring (& drop Mokou's Embrace). The amulet gives me 5% ignite chance and I would get 19% ignite chance from the tree and a lvl20 flammability. Would this be enought?

And than I would try to run 4 blasphemys with Flammability, Ele Weakness, Temp Chains & enfeeble. I would need to get more aura nodes, but that's possible.
Oh, this is getting nice. Currently at lvl73, bought and 5Linked a Carcass. I currently am at ~3k life and 1.5k ES

Hope to get to lvl75 today and use doryanis :O

Do you have any tip to deal with cycloners or high movility bosses? While alone, those are somewhat more predictable, but still hard to hit. In party, I feel useless though xD
About the sixth link for DD: Is fire pen the best option? What about inc burning damage or rapid decay? They would give a dmg bonus to the actual burn damage.

I also hope the new cluster drap will work with DD: This would give 5 corpse explosions and with the saboteur's 'chain reaction' they would be triggered simultaneously. Ahhh I can't wait....

"
Froz1984 wrote:
Oh, this is getting nice. Currently at lvl73, bought and 5Linked a Carcass. I currently am at ~3k life and 1.5k ES

Hope to get to lvl75 today and use doryanis :O

Do you have any tip to deal with cycloners or high movility bosses? While alone, those are somewhat more predictable, but still hard to hit. In party, I feel useless though xD

Sorry guys was on probation and therefore couldn't respond.

amazing that you get 1,5k es so early, you must have some prety good gear.

to your question, high mobile monsters and bosses shouldn't be a problem once you get 20q temp chains and enhance lvl3. In party the role for this build is to eliminate big packs of monsters you shouldn't waste your traps on seperated monsters (1-3 monsters = leave those to melee members they are much more effective in single target) because refresh rate of traps is "stil" slow (ascendancy should fix this). In boss fight switch for concentrated effect and or chance to ignite and just enjoy the show. in math section i calculated probable deeps of 900k difference should be minimal +-200k on boss.

"
7thSlap wrote:
About the sixth link for DD: Is fire pen the best option? What about inc burning damage or rapid decay? They would give a dmg bonus to the actual burn damage.

I also hope the new cluster drap will work with DD: This would give 5 corpse explosions and with the saboteur's 'chain reaction' they would be triggered simultaneously. Ahhh I can't wait....

Fire pen is not perfect it's just that there are no better options at the moment.
Short story: fire pen>rapid decay>inc burning

Long story:
Inc burning has 70% inc burning in 20/20 which is not multiplicative it's additive and we already have 650% burn increase -> this could be translated to 10% more burn damage (inc burn gem is good for rf and searing bond since they dont utilize fire dmg in their tree)

Rapid decay vs fire pen:
both multiplicative and both doesn't double dip.
fire pen -> initial hit Rapid decay -> burn dmg
from my dmg tables i have fire pen increase overall burn dmg by 16% (on monster without fire resistance)
while rapid decay by 22%

But once the monster hit fire resist of 70%+ fire pen starts to be better
As for boss goes he has -60% curse effect which means we only reduce his resist by 130% which means the fire pen is about 10% better then rapid decay even if the boss has no fire resist (unlikely)

Conclusion: rapid decay better for monsters with less then 70% fire res, while fire pen always better on bosses and if monster >70% resist (map mod like fire res -60, elemental equilibrium -50, monster base resist 0-70%)
(and i didn't take into account shorter burn duration from rapid decay)
"
7thSlap wrote:
Another question about the chance to ignite: How much 'ignite chance' is needed? I would use a +1 Rashkaldor's Patience with a doedre's ring (& drop Mokou's Embrace). The amulet gives me 5% ignite chance and I would get 19% ignite chance from the tree and a lvl20 flammability. Would this be enought?

And than I would try to run 4 blasphemys with Flammability, Ele Weakness, Temp Chains & enfeeble. I would need to get more aura nodes, but that's possible.

Chance to ignite issue:
In the guide i stated that minimum base ignite chance (what you see in dd offense character tab) is about 15%. More then 15% adds on luxury this is with flammability and without flammability +15-20% haven't done tests if curse effectivness increase the ignite chance provided by curse.
Last edited by Proximi on Feb 20, 2016, 4:59:57 AM
did you already think about which Ascendancy class you will choose for the build?
"
Mepslol wrote:
did you already think about which Ascendancy class you will choose for the build?

My aproach to ascendancy right now
Like what Mathil said in his video about ascendancy (mathil's video here). There is a lot of stuff going on in ascendency expansion and we have no idea how everything will turn out. So you can't really plan for the classes. Which i can't agree more.

Some streamers like projectpt already started to make builds, zeno and ziggy made podcast about new classes but the truth is everything ggg revealed so far is drasticly changing every week (berserker class for example 100% increased damage to 40% more damage). I read on reddit that ggg going to change curses in a big way.

In addition there are changes in tree, skills balance, monster life balance, crit changes which will be revealed prob on day 1 or a week before.

You can't really decide which class to choose while you don't have all the information needed. Will we have enough chance to ignite in tree, should we expect double dipping nerf? (Rory talked about it on one of the podcasts), trap cooldown skill gem in expansion?.

Classes that will probably fit the build:
Saboteur, Elementalist, Necromancer

less probable: Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info