[2.3.0] Detonate Dead Elemental Proliferation Trap, Massive damage 2mil+

All classes revealed (we are still missing all the balance changes tho), so lets start to talk about ascendancy:

Rumours

• Curses will be nerfed to death - ggg gonna return changes which they used in 2.1.0c, temp chains q cast speed, blasphemy q aoe => this would be the end for curses, i know it cause i already went through it during the patch which they reversed after 1day
  • some kind of double dipping nerf - only way to make damage over time would actualy be crit - i don't want to see this

Classes:
  • Saboteur (my rating 8/10) - both trap keystones and 2 not a keystones around -> 24%trap throwing speed, 20% reduced cd and a "little bit" of dmg
  • Elementalist (rate atm 6/10) - elemental conflux and ele proli with golem bonus - +-140%elemental dmg + conflux,EP with radius 9 (idk how it will work, gonna test it on day1) might free some gem slots
  • Necromancer (7/10) - this class i mention only if they nerf curses to death then it will be the only viable defense for builds like this (free max block/spell block)
  • SCION (9/10) - in one word "amazing" 20% trap cooldown by choosing subclass saboteur + either shadow start (freeing some precious skill nodes) or some other subclass: ocultist, pathfinder, chieftain, inquisitor

What is your favourite class in ascendancy for this build or share your ratings for classes above.
would the 20% chance to create conc ground on kill from inquisitor work if the traps get all the kills? same for elementalists elemental conflux, if it works with traps that would be so great :D
edit double post
Last edited by Mepslol on Feb 26, 2016, 9:25:01 PM
"
Mepslol wrote:
would the 20% chance to create conc ground on kill from inquisitor work if the traps get all the kills? same for elementalists elemental conflux, if it works with traps that would be so great :D

Conflux or the inquisitor are on kill effects, similar to the frenzy charge bug => blood rage, curses (assassin, poacher..), blood dance.

-->You don't generate charges if the trap killed the target but you do generate them if the "BURN" from trap killed the target.<--

so yeah it will work, question is: will be 4s enough time between packs? is it better than trap refresh rate (saboteur, scion)?

Conflux is either a noob trap or absolutely amazing OP thing. I'm not sure which one it is.
"
so yeah it will work, question is: will be 4s enough time between packs? is it better than trap refresh rate (saboteur, scion)?

Conflux is either a noob trap or absolutely amazing OP thing. I'm not sure which one it is.

conflux wouldn't work right?.. because you're not doing the damage, the trap is.. so you won't be getting the benefit of burn, shock, and chill for 4s. sure, the burn kills from trap will give you the buff, but you won't be able to actually use the buff since the trap will do the "hitting"

if it did, then it could free up the chance to ignite gem, and even ele prolif for that matter..*since you can get BACON of ruin.

what do you think? what are u going to run?

im for sure rolling this build to start ascendency, but im thinking of starting scion, then going their ascendency subclass for saboteur (for the cd) and then going elementalist sublcass for the ele pen + fire golem

also the new node Elemental overload would be bonkers for this build..

ty for ur time
Last edited by crutoj on Feb 27, 2016, 2:54:08 PM
"
crutoj wrote:
"

conflux wouldn't work right?.. because you're not doing the damage, the trap is.. so you won't be getting the benefit of burn, shock, and chill for 4s. sure, the burn kills from trap will give you the buff, but you won't be able to actually use the buff since the trap will do the "hitting"

if it did, then it could free up the chance to ignite gem, and even ele prolif for that matter..*since you can get BACON of ruin.

what do you think? what are u going to run?

im for sure rolling this build to start ascendency, but im thinking of starting scion, then going their ascendency subclass for saboteur (for the cd) and then going elementalist sublcass for the ele pen + fire golem

also the new node Elemental overload would be bonkers for this build..

ty for ur time

Np, i'm on the hype train with you! :)

I have a lot of test characters on standard so i'm gonna try saboteur, scion and elementalist on day1 and list pros and cons maybe even make a video about it. Unfortunately i can't see the future so i have no idea which class will be the best which is why i listed most probable classes above.

Might even happen that there won't be the "best" class. Each class can excel in various situations. bosses/packs clearing-clear speed/defence etc.

about conflux you are right there is specified "all damage from hits", i missed that line.

So most likely it wont work with traps which is just silly move from ggg, cause i can't understand why?! What is the point excluding traps/mines/totems/minions there is nothing game breaking about it. In any case the free proliferation is quite good.

From what i saw on the videos by ggg, that radius 9 is actually modified by global aoe (nodes/carcass) so if you have 50% aoe 9->14% better then 12% of ele proli gem.

ele proli gem doesn't scale with global aoe as far as i know.

edit. elemental overload 40% "More" ele dmg double dipping keystone nuts! with doryani and some other stuff not intentionally have 15% crit chance, it's a new way to build around and finding the perfect base crit to sustain buff while not experiencing diminishing return from having too much crit. This is exactly the keystone that makes me love POE again!

edit 2. i got carried away apparently this keystone won't work with traps either. "...if you've crit in last..." Now i'm desperate again :(. why ggg hates traps, mines and burn

I'm probably start making sarcastic pictures about ggg like "Head_Less" guy or videos like projectpt: this one is awesome talking about how saboteur is the least groundbreaking class in poe (i totaly agree).
Last edited by Proximi on Feb 27, 2016, 4:35:32 PM
"
From what i saw on the videos by ggg, that radius 9 is actually modified by global aoe (nodes/carcass) so if you have 50% aoe 9->14% better then 12% of ele proli gem.
ele proli gem doesn't scale with global aoe as far as i know.

actually it does, at least according to the wiki.

as for elemental overload, we'll need a reliable way to crit* cwdt ice spears?

anyway, freeing up the prolif link will allow the build to run cluster traps maybe? haha
cluster traps will probably have some less dmg, which is something you dont want on build thats trying for min maxing initial hit, i'm more conservative here and go for chance to ignite, iaoe, ele proli, rapid decay, fire pen

edit. the new cooldown trap support would be best if it's in the game on release
Last edited by Proximi on Feb 27, 2016, 4:41:17 PM
cool. looking forward to your testing/findings on day1. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info