[2.3.0] Detonate Dead Elemental Proliferation Trap, Massive damage 2mil+

"
Azrash wrote:
I think Heretic's Veil would fit the build. What do you think ?

Yeah great find!
super usefull helm: you can run (helm blasphemy)+enlighten 2+flammability+weakness+golem/lightning trap/orb of storms
and enhance3+temp chains+blasphemy somewhere else
mana reservation 100% without any mana reserve nodes on tree->5FREE SKILL NODES

But:
  • Price?!?!
  • Energy shield 270-290 while rare 400
  • no life or resist
  • No quality on blasphemy means that you loose 10% curse effectivness while getting +2curse levels -> from my xls tables you still loose 7% negative resist which is overall 3.5% of dmg

5 skill nodes will compensate the lost damage and life, lost ES we get as Witch start nodes as long as you choosed elementalist/necromancer. Resists are unfortunate

Overall my verdict:

Perfect helm which goes on par with 400es life and resist rare because you get 1 free gem slot which in ascendancy is amazing for stone golem/orb of storm
Still using blood dance /frenzy charge even tho frenzy doesnt have regen wit it?
"
crazen56 wrote:
Still using blood dance /frenzy charge even tho frenzy doesnt have regen wit it?

Blood dance still have 0.5% regen/charge, it's only not shown in the description because website round down 0.5%->0%, effect didn't changed you still get 2.5% regen with 5frenzy

Frenzy charge gives total of 20% more damage which double dip so it's a nice dmg boost.

But if you don't want to use blood dance, you can go with rare es/life/resist/ms might be more expensive tho

Difference:
20% more damage, 2.5% es regen
vs
es/life/resist and you would need to run stone golem to compensate regen lost

edit. 40 dex is also prety nice
Last edited by Proximi on Mar 7, 2016, 7:43:08 AM
Looking to roll a trapper and this crossed my mind. I have 13ex+ atm

But what are people doing for their actual class pick? Seems to be a few choices out there to go.... I need to look at them a bit better when its not 1am to break it down. But this looks like a lot of fun ;)
Where am i supposed to put an Orb of Storms if i have a 6-link and am an Elementalist so i am using a Golem ? Or should i just not get Elemental Overload in this case ?
Last edited by Azrash on Mar 10, 2016, 7:57:27 PM
"
Azrash wrote:
Where am i supposed to put an Orb of Storms if i have a 6-link and am an Elementalist so i am using a Golem ? Or should i just not get Elemental Overload in this case ?

Just yesterday tried elementalist and went with flame dash+faster casting vs warp+duration+casting so there you can safe one gem slot or vaal lightning trap or heretic's veil (comes with free blasphemy)
Hey, love the build. Problem is I am running kinda low on budget, would Searing Touch be a good placeholder? Keep up the good work!
I actually just started rolling the build and it's pretty successful starting from when you can get a four linked deerstalker and at least another 3 link. Just going DD-Prolif-Inc. Aoe-Trap/Mine Damage in the Deerstalkers and Desc-Multi Trap-Cluster-Trap and rolling through.
Auras are Flamability and Clarity, and I have 2 Mokou's Embraces at 10% equipped. It's not optimal but it's fun to be able to run through so quickly. I'm sure once I get my ascendancy points it'll go even faster
The build isn't very budget friendly but it is possible to make it as a first build in the league:
back in talisman up too lvl 70 i lvled with firestorm+trap+trap/mine dmg in +2lvl sceptre
then i transitioned, you gonna need es base 5l -> http://poe.trade/search/meurasidutooge
about 1alch, throw some alch/chaos on it until you get high life or es roll, then use haku to get the other stat, some resists are also welcome

gloves life=es>resist
boots life=es>res
rings mokou's, doedre
amulet life>es>res
helm life=es>res
you shouldn't pay more then 5c for each

enhance lvl3 -1ex
quality on temp chains and blasphemy 10-15c for each
40% fire dmg sceptre

and thats all you need for start, i think if you know how to look for these items on poe.trade you can get it all for less than 2ex with enhance 3 (which is most important - makes you tanky enough for up too 78maps)
Haven't played DD in a long time. Are you still supposed to leave it level 1 or level it now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info