3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Still constantly RIP on most guardians. Dunno wtf there is left to do to fix it
"
Teyo wrote:
Spoiler

I don't see Ancestral Warchief in your gear, your bleed is probably falling off of target a lot making Bloodlust worthless, unless you're leap slamming them every 5 seconds.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Teyo wrote:
Spoiler

I don't see Ancestral Warchief in your gear, your bleed is probably falling off of target a lot making Bloodlust worthless, unless you're leap slamming them every 5 seconds.

I leapslam constantly to keep fortify up
"
Teyo wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Teyo wrote:
Spoiler

I leapslam constantly to keep fortify up

Leap slamming constantly while facetanking heavy damage is a bad idea. Doing anything other than holding down Dual Strike can lead to death, because not doing fast constant damage for continuous leech means you can get 2 shot. I'd have to see a video of your gameplay to advise further, but stop leap slamming mid fight, use it only as fight starter or as a gap closer or to get away.

It does not repair my writing since I'm using google translator. What is the best build, with swords or axes?
im still a bit confuse, im new to the game, what stats should we look on a weapon aside high aps? whats next %increased phys dmg and attack speed? can u tell me how to priorityse my items?
Should we look only for high phys dps on a weapon or should we check the total dps on the poe.trade?
Last edited by redzada on Oct 11, 2017, 11:08:31 AM
"
salifbeermann wrote:

It does not repair my writing since I'm using google translator. What is the best build, with swords or axes?

Complete your preference, it really comes down to whether you want the benefits of Soul Taker axe, or you want 2 higher dps weapons and use of Whirling Blades.

"
redzada wrote:
im still a bit confuse, im new to the game, what stats should we look on a weapon aside high aps? whats next %increased phys dmg and attack speed? can u tell me how to priorityse my items?
Should we look only for high phys dps on a weapon or should we check the total dps on the poe.trade?

Search for physical dps only, never total dps. Total dps would account for useless elemental damage. Search for 1.88 aps for a minimum. For the rest of your gear, cap your resistances at 75% (excluding chaos), get lots of life, then go for damage stats like added physical damage and attack speed.
Last edited by roguemjb on Oct 11, 2017, 8:42:35 PM
Finally did some math and took notes in PoB about Dual Strike vs Cleave. I've been playing with Cleave the most for the last month or so, the main benefit is the Fortify buff constantly being applied by Cleave itself because if its threshold jewel, instead of only having Fortify up briefly when facetanking with Dual Strike.

Here are the dps scenarios I tried. Feel free to look at my character for more details on build/gear. To test Dual Strike adequately, I made sure to swap threshold jewels and craft an identical helm with the same 15% inc attack speed enchantment.

Cleave-Faster Attacks-Conc. Effect-Bloodlust-Multistrike-Melee Phys: 1236430 dps on regular mobs
Ruthless instead of Bloodlust: 1068857 dps on regular mobs
Shaper with no Bloodlust: 724134 dps
Shaper with Bloodlust: 837346 dps
Shaper with Bloodlust and no flasks: 520446

Dual Strike-Faster Attacks-Multistrike-Melee Phys-Ruthless-Bloodlust: 1294375 dps on regular mobs
Maim instead of Bloodlust: 1065668 dps
Shaper with Bloodlust: 874902 dps
Shaper with Bloodlust and no flasks: 544138 dps

https://pastebin.com/9fyBNYcD for those interested.

Conclusion: Still up to you and your preference. I like both, but Cleave is more versatile with the option of Inc AOE, and safer when facetanking. Dual Strike beats Cleave on dps, but not by a lot. Another important note, Cleave does the same dps to nearby enemies as the main target. Dual Strike, due to its AoE it gains from its threshold jewel, only does damage to nearby enemies with one weapon, cutting its actual AoE damage, by roughly half.

For me, Cleave wins, but only by a hair. If Dual Strike gets a skill effect MTX, it will probably put it back in the lead :)
Last edited by roguemjb on Oct 11, 2017, 9:55:36 PM

Alright, this is what I got so far, lv90 7k2hp, gonna need some advice what to do next, pls help check my passive tree to see if I did anything wrong! currently using Cleave build, but I have to switch between Inc.AOE and Conc.Effect, Conc.E is just way too bad for running maps. And I am very confused about Cleave and Dual strike's dps. I can get 130k dps with Cleave + Cenc.E but only over 100k tooltip with DS, seems a bit odd...
Last edited by coldzero656 on Oct 15, 2017, 8:43:51 AM
"
coldzero656 wrote:
Spoiler

Alright, this is what I got so far, lv90 7k2hp, gonna need some advice what to do next, pls help check my passive tree to see if I did anything wrong! currently using Cleave build, but I have to switch between Inc.AOE and Conc.Effect, Conc.E is just way too bad for running maps. And I am very confused about Cleave and Dual strike's dps. I can get 130k dps with Cleave + Cenc.E but only over 100k tooltip with DS, seems a bit odd...

Ruthless and Bloodlust don't show up in tooltip dps, so that must be why. Your account is private so I can't see your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info