[2.2.0] Voltaxic Poisonous Quills [End Game Mapping Build]

Hey,

thank you very much! don't had that in mind and was searching and searching and searching.^^

kind regards ;-)
Hey!
First of all, very nice guide and a wounderfull build!
I am playing your build in TSC for some time now ( 3d 11h :D ) and just got to 90 today.

My question now is if i should stay crit or maybe go non crit. Ive come up with a tree variant that is more chaos dmg oriented and i would like to hear your opinion about it. Also, have you tried a low/non crit variant of the build? Also maybe you have some other tipps on how to go with this build. I could only imagine to currupt my belt and get a better ring and get that 6-link chest.

Here is the Tree i was talking about:

And my Current Gear for better understanding
Spoiler

Thanks for your help and for such a diverse build!
- Cosyx
"
cosyx wrote:
Hey!
First of all, very nice guide and a wounderfull build!
I am playing your build in TSC for some time now ( 3d 11h :D ) and just got to 90 today.

My question now is if i should stay crit or maybe go non crit. Ive come up with a tree variant that is more chaos dmg oriented and i would like to hear your opinion about it. Also, have you tried a low/non crit variant of the build? Also maybe you have some other tipps on how to go with this build. I could only imagine to currupt my belt and get a better ring and get that 6-link chest.

- Cosyx

I am not sure if getting rid of crit its the right way to do it. The biggest reason being all the nodes for it are really along the way, there is simply no reason to skip them (we don't care for high crits being reflected). With them, we have some great shock duration on mob packs shot from afar and the damage is great. You don't have to go all in to appreciate crit, 30% is really not that bad.

And the second reason why I think taking crit is better is there are no equivalent nodes around. Atrophy (chaos cluster) is good I guess, but traveling there takes to many points. Arcing blows works only on part of our damage (big part, but still not all of it) and Growth and Decay are not worth taking. Also, knockback from crits is HUGE deal, barrages hit so many times that nothing will ever be in your face for long.

As for the damage, 6th link is going to be the biggest upgrade. Helm is bad, that should be the first piece to be changed, if you ever find attack speed on gloves, go for them, you will feel the difference. Plague Loop ring is really bad too, you can buy something better for 10c. Other then that, you are on the right track :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Hi Daidelos, thanks for the awesome guide!

I playing and trying this build on standart, since I cant get The Retch and Rigwald's Quills Quiver, do you have an idea/sugestion that I can work with it?

My build is below, I know that everything but the bow and helm is bad. I'm new to the game, less than 3 weeks playing, so any tips are very welcome.

Spoiler
"
Mercuriuz wrote:
Hi Daidelos, thanks for the awesome guide!

I playing and trying this build on standart, since I cant get The Retch and Rigwald's Quills Quiver, do you have an idea/sugestion that I can work with it?

My build is below, I know that everything but the bow and helm is bad. I'm new to the game, less than 3 weeks playing, so any tips are very welcome.

Spoiler

You are doing fine :) Instead of Retch, get good rare belt with Life, Elemental damage with weapons and some resistances (flask duration nodes are also welcome, buy any good combination of those mods, the more the better). As for Quiver, aim at Life, Ele dmg, Attack Speed, Crit Multi and Crit Damage, whatever combination. You will most likely have to use some kind of AOE support, Chain or Pierce. You could try them out and see how much faster are you clearing and then decide. Or at least include Chain when you get 6L chest.

Try to upgrade your gear when you have some chaoses to spare, gloves and boots could be upgraded for 10ish chaoses. Ring and amulet too, use http://poe.trade. Aim to get Life, Elemental Resistances, Intelligence, and then where you can Attack Speed.
Thanks Daidelos for the pro tips!

I didnt share but I'm using this flasks:

Spoiler

I try poe.trade but 3 res with life gears people are asking for it at least 1ex, but like you said in the guide, I need patience to get things there.

I already got the 3 volley fire, do I still need an AOE support?

About intelligence I was thinking in get a node in the tree that gives +30 int(Wisdom of Glade) since I got passive skill at all the 3 bandit's quest. Is there any flask duration node near my path on the tree!?

My skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAF4B0QMeBS0ILg2ND6sRLxa_GYoZjhvIH0Ej9iSLJP0mlS5TMHEwfDH6Nj031DnUOkI-z0MxRA1JE0p9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVbr2HiYqxqjGyMbWxwUnTtdvd67311fyuExYd2idOJ4IwLjDaNfY2_kx-VzJcGm7WdqqCfotmjiqXLr-uw2LVIuXy7473mwUnDOsSiyBTI3Mjwz93TftQj2sHdqOOf5ljnVOfq62PssO0_7YPuDu968Yr1b_kz_MX-Hf66_94=

Dont mind the 3 crit nodes that I skipped I'll pick they after I get the socket node, I rushed there to get the life nodes.
Last edited by Mercuriuz on Jan 22, 2016, 5:16:13 PM
@Mercuriuz

I have just realizes how expensive Standard is, Vessel of Vinktar flask cost more then 5exa, damn. If you don't have that flask, there is no need to take flask nodes or try to get a belt with those nodes. The build kind of revolves around it, so if you don't have it, build around what you have.

You have to be patient with buying, I suppose standard trading is slow and there are not many new items every day, but try to reload what are you looking for several times a day.

Sorry about being misleading about AOE. I meant making Barrage cover more space, not using Increased Area gem. So, to do that, you could use Chain support, so all of those arrows are going to chain 2 additional times and basically vacuum clean the whole screen. If you are not using Chain or Pierce, I guess you have to shoot at a larger pack several times. So, it's on you.

Are you already using Hungry Abyss jewel? Because if not, you don't need 5 corrupted items, and you could just take Vitality Void passive. Hungry Abyss is used in combination with Vessel Of Vinktar, without it you don't really need it that much.

And about Intelligence, if you can get 155, investing a passive point is great. But I often need more Int from gear, even if I take that passive. So, have in mind 155 is what you need for lvl 20 Wrath and Herald of Thunder.
This build is absolutely one of the most fun builds I have ever played. Thank you OP for sharing the OPness (lol).

I used blast rain to level up to act 4 merc, switching to voltaxic and continuing blast rain with aoe and carcass until i hit about 69 when I switched to full build protocol. The build has so much dps that I worked on survivability first. Picking up 3 frenzys and the chaos cluster last.

Stats @ 85:
4.2k life 43% evasion | acro/phase
In hideout dps 13.5k
4 frenzy, 3 power, vaal haste, vinktar 27.8k dps

Gear at level 85:
Last edited by Captain_Assassin on Jan 22, 2016, 6:37:12 PM
@Daidelos.

I dont know about what passives should I take nor about good ones near my path, I very much appreciate the tip about Vitality Void.

And no I'm not using Hungry Abyss because I didnt get the 5 corrupted items. About Vessel of Vinktar I'll get later on, right now my focus are on the gear, I'm not worrying about it.

I got what you mean about AOE now, and is a great idea I'll definitely try and see how it works.

Talking to you helped me a lot, many thanks again!

(Off Topic)
After Talisman ends, what will happen to your chars and items?
Doing this build in std, Skipping quiver and belt, id say it works just fine dmg is insane, im at 25k with charges and flask,lower lvl gems.

Instead of added chaos I use Fork gem or Chain, Chain has better clear speed imo.

Last edited by MrGuardian on Jan 22, 2016, 10:28:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info