[2.2.0] Voltaxic Poisonous Quills [End Game Mapping Build]

"
insobyr wrote:
I'm actually extremely surprised at the single target damage of Barrage, this skill looks so amazing to me now :O

Have you ever tested if volley fire can shotgun or not? Actually I don't even know if barrage can shotgun or not... I believe it can after watching your video

I am sure it can hit with several arrows at once.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Hi, I just did some calculation and found that there are still some optimizations can be made on your tree.

IMO, the maximum frenzy charge nodes, which you put 6 points on, are not that good. 6 points for 3 more charges, which means 2% more damage per point (or roughly 2.5% - 3% more per point if you count the ias of frenzy charges)

But if you go up from the Acrobatic and pick up the poison cluster, it would be 125% increased poison damage for 4 points, so the "more" factor from poison will be:

before: 0.2*(1+1.2+1.3)*1.39=97.3%
after: 0.2*(1+1.2+1.3+1.25)*1.39=132%

so the "more" from the 4 points is 232%/197.3% -1 = 17.6% more, so it's 4.4% more per point, which is much better than those maximum frenzy charges.

Besides, the 3 points on the right (8 proj damage + jewel socket) are also better than the frenzy charges, IMO.

Last edited by insobyr on Feb 6, 2016, 8:56:18 PM
@insobyr I see your point, but I still like Frenzy Charges better. They are not only More Damage but also Attack Speed, and it's a boost to all of our damage, both Poison and Chaos, and other Frenzy Charges last longer, which can be handy sometimes.

It's your choice in the end, I won't be updating much before Ascendancy because I expect too many changes then.
The build is awesome, but what do you guys think of the new classes?
What classes/skills are you going to pick and why?

Also Poison gem nerf, how do you think this will affect the build?
will be re-builded for future patch ?
IGN: againtrap
new skill tree, now can someone rebuild it please ?
IGN: againtrap
If you want to look at the trees before official Ascendancy release, please copy the tree url in updated offline skill tree planner.

Ascendant (Deadeye/Assassin)

Pathfinder skilltree

Last edited by Daidelos on Mar 3, 2016, 3:09:28 AM
nice
I have been THEORY CRAFTING a build similar to this for a few weeks now, a few things to consider.

my links are;
Barrage - main skill
poison - for massive DoT (500,000k plus at max stacks with only HoT, wrath and voltaxic)
slower projectiles - it double dips on poison and damage, effectively a 1.66 (1.29*1.29) multiplier
pierce - as above
Void manip - as above 1.93 multi (1.39*1.39)
added chaos - next best damage mod

link to passive tree (hopefully it still works)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0f4JJyGVyMSiu-OXBv66GYoF-X11wzqbJhXw036btSSLMgH5YwYj73oAXl-whMUPq7IZlcx7FOHb9qMZjspKFr9tbLMOz3rtP6GkFSDtg2-eJpU2PeywYes31C2D3Q0s6QgugwmcpGHinaobyIwLelNRRxm0W6-GswDuhxNVS2yMz925fOdUMHzCjr6nFHUNjU4qIXYqTXcHjDZirPGKJP2NfX8rsKtlTRjbh3Yj04bOPyeJ0__eI_Y51MSCvTZ08eOfj2DBM1-YSshwUk2Sb_J294rwKaVKfVltbqqgnzH66UZfOc8ytfKbLTWS2L3-Crc-QYf56ILHHb4zhwPu

pretty balanced tree
75% inc attack speed
90% inc skill effect duration
4 gem slots (4x volley fire)
172% life
iron reflexes
94% evasion rating (armour)
66% armour and evasion
51% inc proj dmg
0.8% damage leeched as life (massive leach at 53 proj sec)
527% crit chance
104% crit multi (using 2.1 tree, so 2.04*150 = 306% crit multi)

using duelist tho for added damage reduction from permanent fortify (24% reduced dmg taken), though ranger shares the same tree and shadow/scion can be used with a few minor changes

U should also include a wither totem as it'll buff ur dps heaps

with wither at max stacks, poison at max stacks, projectile weakness, HoT, Wrath, enemy being shocked (10% chance from voltaxic at 53 proj sec, plus 37% crit chance) and a voltaxic my theory craft shows 7.8 MILLION AVERAGE dps. (not accounting for resistances)
NOTE this is not inc any bonuses from rings, amulets, gloves, boots, chests, helmets, quivers, party member auras, ascendancy tree bonuses, no quality on anything, no charges, etc

AVERAGE dps goes up to 17 MILLION with drillneck (single target) and goes up to 11.9 MILLION with rigwalds quills (mapping)

was planing on using thiefs torment, for 30 LGOH = 1,600 life per sec, if i could get my resistances capped for blood magic and no leech maps.

I'm hoping it will be tanky enough, never really got any characters high enough to do any serious maps
Last edited by Rocher_luke on Mar 5, 2016, 1:34:07 AM
Hello,
Could you make your passive build tree as the one you have link is no longer viewable because the more correct version, and I REALLY yours to test this one

Thanks in advance <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info