[2.2.0] Voltaxic Poisonous Quills [End Game Mapping Build]

Loads of potential here. I've been looking for a fun bow build for my second character. Thanks for sharing.
Added more map videos and Video Guide, I think this guide is more or less finished now.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Amazing build. Please make more videos :D.
I just watched Malformation boss fight, that damage was amazing. Considering you was cursed with enfeeble you killed it at roughly the same time compared to my 500k(800k permanent flasks) flicker strike witch with mirrored gear :D.
I really like this, thinking about trying something similar for a second character on talismans, but want to do it on the cheap.

Was thinking could use your ranger budget tree poeurl.com/u2T and instead of a voltaxic, use a Lioneye's bow, and drop the accuracy nodes.

Instead of wrath and herald of thunder, use hatred and CoH herald of ice.

Would still use barrage and the 3 threshold jewels, and the quiver, so playstyle should be about the same, just lower damage. I'm sure it wouldn't be as much dmg, but what's your thoughts on it for just general mapping and such.
"
ponkata wrote:
I just watched Malformation boss fight, that damage was amazing. Considering you was cursed with enfeeble you killed it at roughly the same time compared to my 500k(800k permanent flasks) flicker strike witch with mirrored gear :D.

Yea, I feel the same way, I played a lot more expensive builds, and this is by far the most potent I have ever played. You don't even feel Enfeeble on maps, it's nuts.

"
Dreschau wrote:
I really like this, thinking about trying something similar for a second character on talismans, but want to do it on the cheap.

Was thinking could use your ranger budget tree poeurl.com/u2T and instead of a voltaxic, use a Lioneye's bow, and drop the accuracy nodes.

But Voltaxic is really not that expensive and you will be doing more damage, be free of reflect and have more leech. I fear Lioneye's would have too many problems with reflect, first it's physical, and second it can't be evaded, so it can become a real problem if the damage is insane. And when you shoot one Barrage, there is no stopping, it will fire all 16 projectiles.
my current tree on scion

- planned tree

I took some more dmg on gear

But i dont have rats nest yet

how much dps does rats nest give? is it worth getting?

Same with "the retch"

is it worth getting? I actually dont intend on using that jewel that gives leech based on chaos because i have a lot of wed and my buddy is running an aura bitch so hes giving me tons of fire dmg/lightning (which gets converted to chaos), and i run herald of ice etc so theres some elemental dmg

instead of running added chaos im running 2 r and using life leech so that i can leech off the total damage dealt with barrage

(not sure if getting "chaos dmg leech" jewel would make poison heal me)

Ez mana leech from the "attack damagE" im able to full sustain with just 1 node

where can i make improvements any thoughts?

Imo

scion > all class because of how strong jewel sockets can be
what did you use to lvl?
nvm i answered all my own questions and fixed the build and made guide.

I will give you credit

my build guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1540588
"

But i dont have rats nest yet

how much dps does rats nest give? is it worth getting?

Same with "the retch"

is it worth getting? I actually dont intend on using that jewel that gives leech based on chaos because i have a lot of wed and my buddy is running an aura bitch so hes giving me tons of fire dmg/lightning (which gets converted to chaos), and i run herald of ice etc so theres some elemental dmg

instead of running added chaos im running 2 r and using life leech so that i can leech off the total damage dealt with barrage

(not sure if getting "chaos dmg leech" jewel would make poison heal me)

Ez mana leech from the "attack damagE" im able to full sustain with just 1 node

Rat is not mandatory at all, it is a preference. I like it for some serious damage boost, along with move speed,

The Retch is one the most important parts of the build, but as you have said, you are not really building around same things as I am. I am sure 34% instant leech will be superior to 3, or 4% leech any time, but it is your choice really, but if you are serious about flask usage (Vessel of Vinktar especially), The Retch is one of the best items in the game and nothing can top it.

Also, if you want so much elemental damage, why not just play Windripper, have more crit, have 30% instant lightning leech without additional gem and just scale you raw damage instead of poison.

"
tarantoga wrote:
what did you use to lvl?

I leveled as a trapper until lvl 80 or so, it is super easy with buffed trap passives. After that, I just made a serious respec.
Last edited by Daidelos on Dec 29, 2015, 5:06:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info