[2.2.0] Voltaxic Poisonous Quills [End Game Mapping Build]

Fatal toxins is strong upgrade to this build?
"
Alihandro wrote:
Fatal toxins is strong upgrade to this build?

It is, but you simply will not have enough points. If you manage to get it without sacrificing something, go for it. But think about if you really need it. Do you have enough damage to fast clear normal and magic mobs? If so, do you kill bosses in several seconds? If you do, you will not really see much difference with Fatal Toxins. They will help on mobs with huge health pools, but that is about it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
i loved your build and i was experomenting on it.i took 5. jewel spot and put a jewel with %5maxlife/2manaonhit/bowattspeed. so i have free 3 passives from mana tree(essence sap). also im using volls for powercharges and vulnerabilty curse ta maximies dmg(im continuesly vaal rare gloves can fit their for vulnerabilty on hit).Dmg is so high that some times im forgeting blood rage and without frenzy charges it cleans so fast.
Thx for new ideas.
What do you think about Kaom's Heart? Should work pretty nicely with acro.
IGN: Std -> Hossina (lv100 Scion)
Talisman -> Voltaxina (lv96 Ranger)

GMT +1, Central Europe
Man, just wanted to say that this build is awesome. Just yesterday managed to get the corrupted/int items I needed. My question though, thoughts on the Fatal Toxins notable? At my level I'm still grabbing frenzy charges and looking at crit, but FT looks REALLY good.
Hello and thanks for sharing the build!

I managed to get 5 corrupted items and the overall gear that is needed for the build.
Damage is very good, probably sitting at about 12-13k on lvl 82 with lvl 19 quality gems.
But I'm not sure how you get so much damage while being buffed. I will have to check tmrw but I think I'm under 20k which seems a bit odd to me. Just missing a frenzy charge in the skilltree but that's about it.

Although the vinktar flask did obviously help the char a lot regarding survivability issues, still I'm having trouble with things like freeze. Having a bit above 3k I'm very vulnerable to necropolis merveil and similar threats. Esp. in party I'm not able to sustain long enough due to huge life from boss mobs.
If you got any tips here on how to improve that would be really appreciated :)

With these things in mind do you think that the build is party viable?

Thanks!
Last edited by Simonsworld on Jan 2, 2016, 4:05:17 PM
I'm loving this build. Leveling was pretty boring, but once I got my voltaxic oh dear lord.

I'm not using the healing corrupted jewel, and I'm just using a rare life/res belt, and I don't have the vinktar's flask, but the clear speed on this thing is nuts.

I have yet to find a map mod I can't run, the only thing I've had to do is on bloodmagic maps turn off wrath/herald.

I just hit 87 on talisman, had 2 atziri sets and decided to try her.

I had previously only even attempted atziri once and that was with a rf/incinerate build in warbands, and that didn't go so well (due to me scrubbing it up, not the build)

This time though, it went f'n phenomenally!

Not only killed her, but did the run deathless! I know lots of people have killed her before, and it's really not that impressive in the grand scheme of things, but it made me very happy to do it. I'm still grinning stupidly.

I took a couple screenshots of the walls after she dropped because ... arrows, sooo many arrows.

Last edited by Dreschau on Jan 2, 2016, 4:09:37 PM
if you choice ranger can remove 2 dex points and take evasion + life 1 point . have some crit on gear and i dont see any wed . voltaxic light dmg dont scaling with wed ? for better def atziri step give 16% dodge and you can stack more res on rings and belt . lether belt with wed and high res . 1 high res ring you can find with 10 c . amulet only agate , dont remember what you use , or talisman with chaos dmg some res and all atributes . crit chance not bad but crit multipier better remove and take wed . you crit its too low to can stack crit mult. hp all gear .sorry for bad english
and if multiple hits stack i think its better to change void gem with chain . try this on map to see . for single target you can add faster attacks . void hit wed . try change and look if its better
"
Hossdelgado wrote:
What do you think about Kaom's Heart? Should work pretty nicely with acro.

It can be done for sure, if you have 6L good colors Voltaxic. Chest is purely your preference.

"
pyrojackelope wrote:
My question though, thoughts on the Fatal Toxins notable? At my level I'm still grabbing frenzy charges and looking at crit, but FT looks REALLY good.

I can't seem to find enough points to justify spending 4 passives. Although great, I would rather invest in some defenses because dmg is really high as is (yesterday I killed Wasteland Voll like it was in Dried Lake, so I realize I wont't ever care for more damage with this build again).

"
Simonsworld wrote:

I managed to get 5 corrupted items and the overall gear that is needed for the build.
Damage is very good, probably sitting at about 12-13k on lvl 82 with lvl 19 quality gems.
But I'm not sure how you get so much damage while being buffed. I will have to check tmrw but I think I'm under 20k which seems a bit odd to me. Just missing a frenzy charge in the skilltree but that's about it.

Although the vinktar flask did obviously help the char a lot regarding survivability issues, still I'm having trouble with things like freeze. Having a bit above 3k I'm very vulnerable to necropolis merveil and similar threats. Esp. in party I'm not able to sustain long enough due to huge life from boss mobs.
If you got any tips here on how to improve that would be really appreciated :)

With these things in mind do you think that the build is party viable?

Thanks!

Hmmm, not sure about your buffed damage, feels like it should be higher. Keep in mind my screenshot was with everything I could do to buff it, 7 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges, Ice Golem, Blood Rage with 20% quality, Vessel of Vinktar and Atziri's Promise flasks.

Your life seems low for now, but it will be better with levels. However, I don't think this build is great for 4+ man parties. I am playing with one friend occasionally, and there is no difference most of the time. But I really feel the struggle on Vinktar map when I loose all of flask charges and Frenzy Charges. I guess that's what can happen in 6man party when Bosses have huge hp pools. This build has assassin feel to it, pop flasks and kill the boss in 2, 3sec top. After it, it's not that great because you become vulnerable and need to kite from afar, making Barrage not so accurate and hitting with only several arrows at a time.

"
Dreschau wrote:

I'm not using the healing corrupted jewel, and I'm just using a rare life/res belt, and I don't have the vinktar's flask, but the clear speed on this thing is nuts.

Wait until you see what will Hungry Abyss and Vessel of Vinktar do to you :P I was so happy when I got them.

Glad you are enjoining the build!And yea, arrows are everywhere.

"
ifrimgabi wrote:
and if multiple hits stack i think its better to change void gem with chain . try this on map to see . for single target you can add faster attacks . void hit wed . try change and look if its better

Chain doesn't work with Fork from Rigwald's Quills and it would lower my overall damage too much with Less Dmg from gem. Void Manipulation is reduced elemental damage, not less, so it's barely noticeable, but more chaos damage from it covers everything, converted lightning damage, chaos from added chaos damage and poison on top of everything. It's better then FA by a mile.

I don't have WED on gear because I couldn't find all the stats I wanted, so just took the most necessary (resistances, life and int).

And about your first reply, concerning gear change, I am completely geared and changing something would mess up 5 other pieces. You can gear to your liking, taking Atziri's Step, rare chest with a lot of resistances, more crit chance and crit multi etc. I have 33% crit without charges and that's enough, it's not my main damage source. And monsters are shocked thanks to Vinktar Flask, Voltaxic shocks are just a bonus for normal mobs which die in one hit anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info