[2.2.0] Voltaxic Poisonous Quills [End Game Mapping Build]

Hey m8! How would you prioritize quality on the gems? What would you try to get 20/20 first, second and so on?

Btw, any idea, will corrupt on the bow with 0.2% lightning leeched work properly for this build?
"
NebularraveN wrote:
Do you think it would be worth 4 nodes to get fatal toxins? one would gain + 10% to hit and 125% damage with poison... LOL - after running a couple tier 9 maps, I slay faster than poison so the 4 passives would be wasted....

That's what I think too, you kill so fast that Poison is just a finisher, and that amount of increased damage would only be visible on Bosses, but they die too fast already, so 4 points could be spent on something overall more useful.

"
Home1ess wrote:
Hey m8! How would you prioritize quality on the gems? What would you try to get 20/20 first, second and so on?

Btw, any idea, will corrupt on the bow with 0.2% lightning leeched work properly for this build?

Quality is similar for all of our gems, it is basically 10% increased damage. The "worst" one is Added Lightning because it will boost only lightning part of the damage, but it's the biggest source of damage for this build, so it's close to others too. Poison quality gives 20% increased duration of posions, which is really nice.

Don't forget to vaal Added Chaos and Added Lightning when they are 20/20, 21/20 would be great, and you can't brick that much.

It will work (any kind on leech will be transformed into chaos leech with The Hungry Abyss), but the number is pathetically low. You will never notice it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Could this be done with low life variant?
What is the best way to scale damage with this build? Wed and flat lightning?
Last edited by tyranie909 on Jan 11, 2016, 1:01:59 AM
"
camapngu133 wrote:
Could this be done with low life variant?

I don't really thinks so, because you need to stay in the right side of the tree for too long, it would be too stretched I think. And there is no upside, maybe running Grace or something, but we are fine without it.

"
tyranie909 wrote:
What is the best way to scale damage with this build? Wed and flat lightning?

Flat is the biggest contributor, because we need to have high enough base to scale it with passives and gems.
I am currently playing it with pierce and drill neck thou I think another support gem like added chaos damage will be the way to go.. have you tested it yet? I would like to know your opinion :)

Also with pierce variation would rare quiver end up being better? I am quite new to bow based gearing so I am not sure how large to value the projectile damage over crit/multi/etc.

The other reason I went with pierce at first because of how poison double dips with projectile damage. Is the poison damage something to consider or is it something else doing the damage.
"
Deciem wrote:
I am currently playing it with pierce and drill neck thou I think another support gem like added chaos damage will be the way to go.. have you tested it yet? I would like to know your opinion :)

Also with pierce variation would rare quiver end up being better? I am quite new to bow based gearing so I am not sure how large to value the projectile damage over crit/multi/etc.

The other reason I went with pierce at first because of how poison double dips with projectile damage. Is the poison damage something to consider or is it something else doing the damage.

I am playing MF Windripper version of this build atm, haven't tested Pierce + Drillneck but it should be good. I would rather stay with Rigwald's Quills and if I really wanted not to use that quiver, Chain instead of Added Chaos and godly rare quiver (Attack Speed, Life, Crit Multi, Crit Chance, Ele Dmg with Weapons, something like that).

I think, if you want to play with Pierce, use Drillneck. Because if you just want bigger coverage of Barrage (greater AOE), I would rather use Chain then Pierce.

Projectile damage is really viable because it makes all of our damage stronger, both chaos and poison (even double dips with poison damage). Poison is great part of our damage, so looking at ways to scale it together with our initial damage is the best (increased chaos damage, projectile damage, Void Manipulation gem etc).
After you get the 5 corrupted pieces and the jewel, does the 3 points to get Essence Sap even do anything?
So, here some report from HC Talisman league.
I'm currently 86-87 lvl.

My gear

As I started with very low currency I get Voltaxic from divination cards set. It costed me about 1ex. And I was pretty lucky to get 3L and some corruption I can use. Quivers become more popular on HC so I took the only one under 2ex the moment I was looking for it at the price of 40chaos. And was very afraid of corrupting it. All other slots costs me about 1-5 chaos each (some were self-found items).
Currently I'm saving money for Lightning coil. I hope it will help a bit with those hard hits.

Here is a video of Volcano map. Not best run, but still something. Volcano map

Problems/questions I got so far:
1. There is a chance to corrupt our volley fire jewels for 1% Life Leeched per corrupted items. So we got 3 jewels, at least 5 corrupted items. That brings like 15%. Worth or not it is?

2. Mobs die so far from me (yeah, I wonna live, so shoot them as far from me as possible) that I'm almost never have power charges. Any idea how to solve it? Or I should just forget about it?

3. Thinking of Lightning coil. Is it worth buying? at the price of 5L coil I can make like 1800+ eva chest with like 100+ life and 100+ res. How good it is for survivability?

4. I feel like I could possibly take some 3rd aura with charisma nodes. What shout it be? Arctic Armour?

5. Have u tried Atziri? How hard it is? If so, can u make a video of killing it? I'm a bit scared of going there.

So anyway, build is awesome! Hope I can get to 5k life and max chaos res before I die!
"
Home1ess wrote:

Problems/questions I got so far:
1. There is a chance to corrupt our volley fire jewels for 1% Life Leeched per corrupted items. So we got 3 jewels, at least 5 corrupted items. That brings like 15%. Worth or not it is?

2. Mobs die so far from me (yeah, I wonna live, so shoot them as far from me as possible) that I'm almost never have power charges. Any idea how to solve it? Or I should just forget about it?

3. Thinking of Lightning coil. Is it worth buying? at the price of 5L coil I can make like 1800+ eva chest with like 100+ life and 100+ res. How good it is for survivability?

4. I feel like I could possibly take some 3rd aura with charisma nodes. What shout it be? Arctic Armour?

5. Have u tried Atziri? How hard it is? If so, can u make a video of killing it? I'm a bit scared of going there.

So anyway, build is awesome! Hope I can get to 5k life and max chaos res before I die!

It was a good run. I now realize that HC players can't really benefit from Vessel fo Vinktar 100% of the time because of safety. Killing bosses is much faster when you hit them from point blank range, more arrows will hit them and they will receive 60% more damage from being Shocked. But better stay alive then finish a map 10s earlier. Also, forget about Power Charges and crit in general, it is good to have it a simple damage boost, but we are fine without min maxing crit.

1. That's another stat, "1% increased Life Leeched per second per equipped Corrupted Item". For example, Vitality Void passive gives us 20% of it, so you get the idea. Plus we have instant leech with Vessel of Vinktar, it's ok as a final step in min maxing this character, but not needed at all.

2. As I have already said, just forget about them, they are nice to have but dmg is great without them too.

3. I think it is worth it, but only if you have enough currency to spend. Because it's not only Coil that is expensive, you will need to have several good corrupted rares, and that can be hard to manage on low budget.

4.Herald of Ice is ok if you want more charges, Arctic Armor is ok too I guess, you are moving to much to really take advantage, but it could enable safer boss and rare tanking. I would rather take Arctic Armor then HoI tbh.

5. I have killed her once for the challenge, she was easy, but I have died several times because I have zerged her (done her once before, I hate her fight and am complete noob about mechanics in that map).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info