[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
Legasi wrote:
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
-lots of theorycrafting-

Bruh. You sure like to theorycraft.

But... you missed the point xD
I was talking about slight variations to the build, not a whole new one with aura nodes and stuff. Also why the heck did you travel to blood magic? LL is vialbe without it, I even prefer mana based ll builds.

What I was talking about is something about those lines:

[For everyone who actually reads the comments here, I'm currently testing connecting similar to the 2nd tree above. Saves a sp and can easily get double curse, but the loss of 300 mana hurts a lot]

Nice manual spreadsheet btw :P I prefer directly testing stuff in game tho.

Oh and if you're going batshit crazy with gear legacy Shav's rings have 4% regen.

I just don't like to theorycraft super expensive GG builds like the one you made. Not worth the investment imo. I prefer making comparable builds with a reasonable budget that even casual players can enjoy ;)

And you contradicted yourself again: First you say you can easily sustain it, and then that it's not viable...

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Well, the soulthirst thing is just an interesting idea to think about, it definitely is worth considering in many cases. Plus, the reason I say this is because I think this build is the perfect one to take advantage of soulthirst and deadhand, due to no downside, lots of quick small hits to generate worms, and of course, most importantly, a long flask duration due to mana pots. It even makes Voidbringer desirable in some cases due to mana consumption, although I have yet to test this.

I agree that the retch thing is somewhat of an exploit, but it is still technically the item's original intention, kind of like how culling strike can still kill you with ES up, it's just another idea one could entertain

Can you upload a video of a reasonable bossfight using Soulthirst and Tali? Let's say merc Mala or Apex run. I still think it's too much of a hassle and bosses die faster without preparing so much and additionally paying attention to mana flask duration.

There is no freaking way the Retch leech thing is intended. It can kill any CI char by just tickling them with 1 dmg. This is a bug that is hopefully getting fixed soon.
Obviously you can cull low life builds that are below 10% hp, even if they have es. That's how it's supposed to work. Onehitting CI chars, where there should not be any way to bypass es, that even are on full life, exploiting a bug is a whole different story.

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Speaking of pushing DPS to ridiculous level, maybe one could use the coruscating elixir flask with Pain Attunement(and speccing out of CI), drop Shav, and when you face an extremely hard boss, flask up, turn on RF, and hope the leech and regen can outsustain it. I mean you would die if you misplay, but I guess you could achieve unreasonable amount of DPS with it

Oh c'mon dude. Having crazy ideas is absolutely fine, but please think for a moment if they really make sense before posting them...
First off, it's risky af, so not viable at all: Hit by 1 chaos damage after flask effect ended: rekt. Second, you can do that only one per map, since you can't refill your life pool. Third, the regen from the flask will be neglectably small. Fourth, you're wasting a flask slot.

Let me say it again. This build does not need more damage. Especially not through useless gimmicks like this one

I agree that it is not viable, and I am not recommending you to do it, in fact, I don't recommend anyone to do it, but in a game of theorycrafting, it is an option that you could consider, because it is just fun it terms of how ridiculous it is. It is the same as Cast on Crit Molten Strike SRS, or Ghudda's movement speed build, it is not practical, just fun stuff that is interesting. No one here is asking you to incorporate in your build, it is just an indication of what you could do with crazy stuff.
http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
Oh guys the Theorycrafting is strong with you! (I like that)

My own toon is now level 84 and only dies if I care less about dangerous situations. Mostly freezings where I don't pop my Saphire Flask...

Some stats at the Moment:

1.3k damage (TT) with Item Rarity gem @ FS 19/13% in a 5L without Empower. 1.7k with Conc. Didn't seems much, but is enough for T9/T10 maps.

I lol'd so hard at Jungle Valley map, which was with other Chars a hughe problem. But with this one, well... its my new favorite Farm Map. The boss does literally no Damage.

My equipment is fairly ok with a bit overcapped resistances.

Spoiler

The Chainbelt is my new belt which I will wear if I get other gloves or boots with more ES and res.

my tree at the moment:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EBwVCBx4NfA5IDlwRLREvEVARlhXXGmwbJRzcHU8dviL0JognqSj6KgsrCiycLL8y0TOHNbk8BT1fQZZFR0V-RZ1JUUuuTLNSU1KvU1JWY1fJXEBca13yXypfamjyavpsC20ZcFJ0VXWefEt8g35Zf8aCm4LHhEiGrofLidOMNo8aj_qTJ5UulnSXlZf0mjua4J_fpyunm6yYrrO2hrcwuJPAZsNtzxXQH9DQ0PXVptlb34rfsOQi6FrpAutj6-Tr7uwY7SDtPO987-vw1ffB99f56A==?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

I highly enjoy this build. Its by far the safest build I've played. I'm curious how strong this char will be after my 2nd Infernal Mantle gets 6L.

PS: Just don't ask how many chroms are burned to get my circlet 4R.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Used a Energy From Within jewel on the node close to the power charge nodes(instability north of witch start). Got some more ES % from both Cruel Preparation and Heart and Soul(except one)nodes.

Now at lvl 80 HC with 9k ES. Can still upgrade rares by a big margin but had to sell alot to get CD. Thinking of going double curse so i can run enfeeble+WM. Havent really had much problem killing stuff so i dont think i need to invest much in damage, am even considering adding more ES nodes from Foresight wheel if i still dont need more damage(also only using 4L, so damage can be upgraded without using skill points).
Just wanted to say that i enjoy the build atm very much. It feels very powerful and tanky with alot of room to grow.

Level 69 atm, here is my gear:

I decided to go with the power charge way and im still looking for a way to make everything work together as i would really like to keep AA as well.

My main problems were actually with chroming thus far. I cant seem to get R-R-G on the dagger and im having trouble getting 3 Reds on my gloves. Any suggestions ?
The second problem is staying out of low mana with AA and Discipline without Enlighten. I even took the less mana reservation node near CI. Atm with 953 mana pool im left with 400 mana after AA and Disciple which is around 42% so that leaves me with 7% to work with which is less then 70 mana when my 5 linked firestorm costs 69 mana :P Anyway around this without Enlighten lvl 3 ?
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Bericht

Yo, looks like you forgot to skill Fangs of the Viper!

"
XRAJX wrote:
Used a Energy From Within jewel on the node close to the power charge nodes(instability north of witch start). Got some more ES % from both Cruel Preparation and Heart and Soul(except one) nodes.

Now at lvl 80 HC with 9k ES. Can still upgrade rares by a big margin but had to sell alot to get CD. Thinking of going double curse so i can run enfeeble+WM. Havent really had much problem killing stuff so i dont think i need to invest much in damage, am even considering adding more ES nodes from Foresight wheel if i still dont need more damage(also only using 4L, so damage can be upgraded without using skill points).

Interesting approach converting the witch life nodes! I like it!
Kinda hilarious how the sc guys complain about the slow clearspeed, even though I clearly listed that at the cons, while the hc guys even spec out of damage :D

"
Dmentor wrote:
My main problems were actually with chroming thus far. I cant seem to get R-R-G on the dagger and im having trouble getting 3 Reds on my gloves. Any suggestions ?
The second problem is staying out of low mana with AA and Discipline without Enlighten. I even took the less mana reservation node near CI. Atm with 953 mana pool im left with 400 mana after AA and Disciple which is around 42% so that leaves me with 7% to work with which is less then 70 mana when my 5 linked firestorm costs 69 mana :P Anyway around this without Enlighten lvl 3 ?

Well chroming is just rng, can't really help you with that. Just in case, did you know about the chromatic calculator? https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
I also didn't manage to get 3r on my tali char yet, using both fw/ab instead of ic atm. Will use AM once I got dual curse.

About the mana issue... hmm. Did you get both Righteous Degree and Deep Thoughts already? 953 mana at lvl 80 sounds low. If you did, try to get some flat mana on gear (Auxium?). Vaal Clarity might be an interesting option for the time being.
If it was softcore I'd say it doesn't really matter if you are on low mana for a short period of time since even a double damage spell will still not oneshot you, but I agree you gotta minimze risk as much as possible in hc.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Jan 25, 2016, 12:30:10 PM
Thanks for the chrome calculator, now i know which item to chrome for the best chance thought with the result im getting (over 200 chromes for 3R) i might just wait until i get some better gear.

As for mana, im at 961 atm (just got to lvl 70 not 80 :P ) and ive taken Righteous Degree already. Deep thoughts i havent taken yet as i try to make the power charge thing work.

My tree at lvl 69:
Yesterday I did a Atziri Run together with Legasi, it went quite well.
It was my very first Atziri Run. The trio was a bit tricky with 2p life. The rest was really easy. I will do it for my own when I hit level 88.

Wishlist for the Future: A Talisman like this one

Sadly thats not mine. :(

Stats: 1.5k DPS without CONC and 9.5k ES with Overcapped resistances.(lvl 85)

New is the Belt, boots and gloves. If I get my Hands on a better Circlet, I'll reach the 10k point.

ps: fixed my tree for the missing part. :D
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Jan 26, 2016, 4:56:35 AM
Hello Legasi!
I'm actually using your build in HC, everything is going well so far (well, the Weaver is being a pain because I couldn't find any chaos resistance yet, so -60% is being hard).
Also I'm following the leveling progression for inexperienced players, because this is my second character, and I just wanted to tell you that you tell us to get Foresight twice, step 2 and step 3. People can get confused xD

Thanks for this build, it's really strong and it just get better as I level up.
"
Dmentor wrote:
Thanks for the chrome calculator, now i know which item to chrome for the best chance thought with the result im getting (over 200 chromes for 3R) i might just wait until i get some better gear.

As for mana, im at 961 atm (just got to lvl 70 not 80 :P ) and ive taken Righteous Degree already. Deep thoughts i havent taken yet as i try to make the power charge thing work.

Oh right, I thought you were the other guy, sorry^^

Welp you could do a couple more dried lake runs (where there is no spell damage) and connect to deep thoughts from the top for the time being. Your tree seems fine, you took growth and decay a bit early, the regen might help tho. You got lots of open mastercrafting space on your gear, if you don't need resists just craft mana for 10 alts!

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Yesterday I did a Atziri Run together with Legasi, it went quite well.
It was my very first Atziri Run. The trio was a bit tricky with 2p life. The rest was really easy. I will do it for my own when I hit level 88.

Wishlist for the Future: A Talisman like this one

Sadly thats not mine. :(

Stats: 1.5k DPS without CONC and 9.5k ES with Overcapped resistances.(lvl 85)

New is the Belt, boots and gloves. If I get my Hands on a better Circlet, I'll reach the 10k point.

ps: fixed my tree for the missing part. :D

The trio wasn't tricky because of 2p life. It was tricky because the cycloner ran right into our prestacks and accidentally got rekt right away. Dual strike guy reflect aura is a pain. Wrong order.

Nice tali! Where did you see it? How do you link foreign items?

"
caioferrari wrote:
Hello Legasi!
I'm actually using your build in HC, everything is going well so far (well, the Weaver is being a pain because I couldn't find any chaos resistance yet, so -60% is being hard).
Also I'm following the leveling progression for inexperienced players, because this is my second character, and I just wanted to tell you that you tell us to get Foresight twice, step 2 and step 3. People can get confused xD

Thanks for this build, it's really strong and it just get better as I level up.

Yo, nice catch! Gonna fix it right away.

Amethyst flask might be useful for situations like the weaver fight while leveling.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Jan 26, 2016, 5:35:13 AM
"
Legasi wrote:

The trio wasn't tricky because of 2p life. It was tricky because the cycloner ran right into our prestacks and accidentally got rekt right away. Dual strike guy reflect aura is a pain. Wrong order.

Nice tali! Where did you see it? How do you link foreign items?

How to link other Items.

go to POE.Trade (for example) search a Item. Open the Shop. Click on Quote, search the right place in the post, and copy/pasta the Item field.

I'll looks like this:

[#item post="12697311" index="1" inline="0"] /w out the #

Here the copied code.

if you Quote my post, you can see how it works from the code itself. :)

@Atziri, hmm, my memory i found it hard becuase of the life. mostly kited the Dualstriker over the map. But hey, I'm new to that :D

Suggestion: Add a Item Showcase of your Talisman Char, I'll show new players that even in temp Leagues this build can (and will) be played. At least for me it is a good indicator.
And I know your Talisman Toon has decent gear :)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info