[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
I think Soulthirst is a good option for tough bosses, get a deadhand talisman, put that on the boss, use a mana pot and spam Firestorm to make sure it stays on for the full duration, the worms from Deadhand will give you charges back and most importantly, lots and lots and lots of souls, which boost cast speed and physical reduction among other things. And since the explosion from the worms are chaos damage (I think), CI means that it doesn't even harm us

Or you know, you could just um... kill the boss? Like the build is intended to? Without risking to die because you have to drop a tali and wait for the boss to pick it up while running in circles...
Well it's your character, so do what you like with it :P
And yes, the worm's explosion is dealing chaos damage.

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Also, dunno if this has been mentioned or not, if you are dead set on doing Hall of the Grandmasters and can't take out the CI people, you could try speccing out of ghost reaver and use the Retch unique belt, the leech damage is based on the pool you leech, so if you leech life, your opponent directly loses life, which will one shot all CI characters and most low life ones

I pretty much cleared HoG already (Dyness and Kriath remaining). Thats why I said you can't kill CI guys easily. I just used a Doryani's Catalyst instead of CD and a 5l 550 es Saintly with FS - Echo - Conc - F Pen - BCR. Was with the now outdated Heart of Flame version tho. During those runs I also didn't think about using Vaal Discipline to burst down those dudes, I gotta retry when I lvl up my std char.
I'm not a fan of abusing exploits like that one.

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Jan 23, 2016, 8:42:50 AM
I did a bunch of math on Low Life RF Chaos Firestorm (as showthoughted at the bottom of the OP). It would be ridiculously expensive, have something around 84/81/81 res (without flasks) and EASILY sustain RF without a Rise of the Phoenix (either a normal Prism Guardian, or a +1 gems PG (which shouldn't be too terribly expensive to Vaal)).

The catch is you cannot get much crit (especially because you lose approximately 200% gobal crit chance off chest/shield). Also, you can't get any of the spell crit on the tree and get enough aura nodes to be a god. They should end out then having equivalent damage-ish, with higher defenses, but then struggle with slots and getting enough ES.

Can't fit Wither, can't have more than one CWDT, MAYBE can fit in Vaal Discipline.

Links for anyone interested:
Spoiler
https://poe.mikelat.com/#_vWN9ag/PtbnOWA/SNjiXLc/TXzslVd

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBTwRDyFugp1V8Dmjyr2wLYcauDF8cp1Ol-eiCxx2-M4cD7ij6V8kNfLiTHNyPGuvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-QiGmz3wfrSFy9k51XWgKTE9nKp9zLqGHasz3746xRxDjzfv9tP4MMlvDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O26rq0DEZx4Ygdqv5JwzoZivsJ9toaj8rTvoqhL5Mn74j5N9fPSbFTNVBCXfIrChEvJIsPqxa_bWy1SOtjDki3MOhaJoiiLnxLtobtIKcIj0YdFBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-tDQX2rVpu087Bhwu9kTL2971zeDpusspjdm

http://i.imgur.com/ikiKgVb.jpg

TL;DR
LLRF Chaosstorm is NOT viable (in most situations).

Aaaactually, it might work with a Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring >.>

So, note that you only need 3.4% regen to keep up with the degen from RF with 1000 HP. Shavronne's Revelation provides 3%. Dayum. It also isn't affected by Vaal Pact and Skyforth, so those are usable again, yay!

A bit tight on ES, and SUPER level heavy. If you have a Shavronne's Revelation, chances are you have a legacy Shavronnes Wrappings too. Nice, innit? 9 Aura, Low Life, NEARLY sustainable RF (excluding leech). Nearly current amounts of crit (-12% total), similar tankiness (lose ES, gain resistances (both ease of capping and max), grace and determination (in optimized rich-man setup)), nearly DOUBLE the damage output!

You would need a support running with you, supplying wither totem(s?!) and curses. They could stack AoE, multiple curses, dual wither totems for coverage and stacking speed, and then cull for fun. Cause why not.

To be honest, this is super gimmicky, as you can make just about anything work with enough legacy gear + a support character.

New Tree and Mikelat!
Spoiler

Basic Auras:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#-pi4OXg/PtbnOWA/SNjiXLc/TXzslVd

Optimized Auras:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#-pi4OXg/PtbnOWA/8Ip1XLc/9S5BlVd/hYfh4Blh

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uR1PpyuX9FJTPV-XlUyzrrNBltD1BUIsnBEtfIPr7jLRRUfAZjwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWmKU9rt4V9FkBmnvrSFy9k51XWgKQgblAw215yD1nzrKpyqRzcuJMo-oLHHb4zhwPu9zLqGHasz3746xRxDjzfv9tP4MMlvDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O2tAxGceGIHar-ScrTvoqTJ1M1UEKMNonTcFIqC13yKwoRL-tjtUhtbA-rJIvDOio444QN0WND8uFHBtDQX2qP-uv1ZJ3yHewYcLvZEy9vbAsi9BmK-wn22hqPV5Q=

TL;DR

LLRFChaosstorm confirmed Standard viable.
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Jan 23, 2016, 7:22:05 PM
"
Legasi wrote:
"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
I think Soulthirst is a good option for tough bosses, get a deadhand talisman, put that on the boss, use a mana pot and spam Firestorm to make sure it stays on for the full duration, the worms from Deadhand will give you charges back and most importantly, lots and lots and lots of souls, which boost cast speed and physical reduction among other things. And since the explosion from the worms are chaos damage (I think), CI means that it doesn't even harm us

Or you know, you could just um... kill the boss? Like the build is intended to? Without risking to die because you have to drop a tali and wait for the boss to pick it up while running in circles...
Well it's your character, so do what you like with it :P
And yes, the worm's explosion is dealing chaos damage.

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Also, dunno if this has been mentioned or not, if you are dead set on doing Hall of the Grandmasters and can't take out the CI people, you could try speccing out of ghost reaver and use the Retch unique belt, the leech damage is based on the pool you leech, so if you leech life, your opponent directly loses life, which will one shot all CI characters and most low life ones

I pretty much cleared HoG already (Dyness and Kriath remaining). Thats why I said you can't kill CI guys easily. I just used a Doryani's Catalyst instead of CD and a 5l 550 es Saintly with FS - Echo - Conc - F Pen - BCR. Was with the now outdated Heart of Flame version tho. During those runs I also didn't think about using Vaal Discipline to burst down those dudes, I gotta retry when I lvl up my std char.
I'm not a fan of abusing exploits like that one.

Well, the soulthirst thing is just an interesting idea to think about, it definitely is worth considering in many cases. Plus, the reason I say this is because I think this build is the perfect one to take advantage of soulthirst and deadhand, due to no downside, lots of quick small hits to generate worms, and of course, most importantly, a long flask duration due to mana pots. It even makes Voidbringer desirable in some cases due to mana consumption, although I have yet to test this.

I agree that the retch thing is somewhat of an exploit, but it is still technically the item's original intention, kind of like how culling strike can still kill you with ES up, it's just another idea one could entertain
http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
I did a bunch of math on Low Life RF Chaos Firestorm (as showthoughted at the bottom of the OP). It would be ridiculously expensive, have something around 84/81/81 res (without flasks) and EASILY sustain RF without a Rise of the Phoenix (either a normal Prism Guardian, or a +1 gems PG (which shouldn't be too terribly expensive to Vaal)).

The catch is you cannot get much crit (especially because you lose approximately 200% gobal crit chance off chest/shield). Also, you can't get any of the spell crit on the tree and get enough aura nodes to be a god. They should end out then having equivalent damage-ish, with higher defenses, but then struggle with slots and getting enough ES.

Can't fit Wither, can't have more than one CWDT, MAYBE can fit in Vaal Discipline.

Links for anyone interested:
Spoiler
https://poe.mikelat.com/#_vWN9ag/PtbnOWA/SNjiXLc/TXzslVd

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBTwRDyFugp1V8Dmjyr2wLYcauDF8cp1Ol-eiCxx2-M4cD7ij6V8kNfLiTHNyPGuvumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-QiGmz3wfrSFy9k51XWgKTE9nKp9zLqGHasz3746xRxDjzfv9tP4MMlvDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O26rq0DEZx4Ygdqv5JwzoZivsJ9toaj8rTvoqhL5Mn74j5N9fPSbFTNVBCXfIrChEvJIsPqxa_bWy1SOtjDki3MOhaJoiiLnxLtobtIKcIj0YdFBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-tDQX2rVpu087Bhwu9kTL2971zeDpusspjdm

http://i.imgur.com/ikiKgVb.jpg

TL;DR
LLRF Chaosstorm is NOT viable (in most situations).

Aaaactually, it might work with a Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring >.>

So, note that you only need 3.4% regen to keep up with the degen from RF with 1000 HP. Shavronne's Revelation provides 3%. Dayum. It also isn't affected by Vaal Pact and Skyforth, so those are usable again, yay!

A bit tight on ES, and SUPER level heavy. If you have a Shavronne's Revelation, chances are you have a legacy Shavronnes Wrappings too. Nice, innit? 9 Aura, Low Life, NEARLY sustainable RF (excluding leech). Nearly current amounts of crit (-12% total), similar tankiness (lose ES, gain resistances (both ease of capping and max), grace and determination (in optimized rich-man setup)), nearly DOUBLE the damage output!

You would need a support running with you, supplying wither totem(s?!) and curses. They could stack AoE, multiple curses, dual wither totems for coverage and stacking speed, and then cull for fun. Cause why not.

To be honest, this is super gimmicky, as you can make just about anything work with enough legacy gear + a support character.

New Tree and Mikelat!
Spoiler

Basic Auras:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#-pi4OXg/PtbnOWA/SNjiXLc/TXzslVd

Optimized Auras:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#-pi4OXg/PtbnOWA/8Ip1XLc/9S5BlVd/hYfh4Blh

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uR1PpyuX9FJTPV-XlUyzrrNBltD1BUIsnBEtfIPr7jLRRUfAZjwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWmKU9rt4V9FkBmnvrSFy9k51XWgKQgblAw215yD1nzrKpyqRzcuJMo-oLHHb4zhwPu9zLqGHasz3746xRxDjzfv9tP4MMlvDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O2tAxGceGIHar-ScrTvoqTJ1M1UEKMNonTcFIqC13yKwoRL-tjtUhtbA-rJIvDOio444QN0WND8uFHBtDQX2qP-uv1ZJ3yHewYcLvZEy9vbAsi9BmK-wn22hqPV5Q=

TL;DR

LLRFChaosstorm confirmed Standard viable.

Speaking of pushing DPS to ridiculous level, maybe one could use the coruscating elixir flask with Pain Attunement(and speccing out of CI), drop Shav, and when you face an extremely hard boss, flask up, turn on RF, and hope the leech and regen can outsustain it. I mean you would die if you misplay, but I guess you could achieve unreasonable amount of DPS with it
http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
"
Speaking of pushing DPS to ridiculous level, maybe one could use the coruscating elixir flask with Pain Attunement(and speccing out of CI), drop Shav, and when you face an extremely hard boss, flask up, turn on RF, and hope the leech and regen can outsustain it. I mean you would die if you misplay, but I guess you could achieve unreasonable amount of DPS with it

You would need to respec 4 points (dropping CI, gaining PA), and the build as-is can do uber. You also lack the benefits of all of the aura nodes, really hurting.

I also forgot to incorporate flask nodes into my calculations, whoops.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
-lots of theorycrafting-

Bruh. You sure like to theorycraft.

But... you missed the point xD
I was talking about slight variations to the build, not a whole new one with aura nodes and stuff. Also why the heck did you travel to blood magic? LL is vialbe without it, I even prefer mana based ll builds.

What I was talking about is something about those lines:

[For everyone who actually reads the comments here, I'm currently testing connecting similar to the 2nd tree above. Saves a sp and can easily get double curse, but the loss of 300 mana hurts a lot]

Nice manual spreadsheet btw :P I prefer directly testing stuff in game tho.

Oh and if you're going batshit crazy with gear legacy Shav's rings have 4% regen.

I just don't like to theorycraft super expensive GG builds like the one you made. Not worth the investment imo. I prefer making comparable builds with a reasonable budget that even casual players can enjoy ;)

And you contradicted yourself again: First you say you can easily sustain it, and then that it's not viable...

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Well, the soulthirst thing is just an interesting idea to think about, it definitely is worth considering in many cases. Plus, the reason I say this is because I think this build is the perfect one to take advantage of soulthirst and deadhand, due to no downside, lots of quick small hits to generate worms, and of course, most importantly, a long flask duration due to mana pots. It even makes Voidbringer desirable in some cases due to mana consumption, although I have yet to test this.

I agree that the retch thing is somewhat of an exploit, but it is still technically the item's original intention, kind of like how culling strike can still kill you with ES up, it's just another idea one could entertain

Can you upload a video of a reasonable bossfight using Soulthirst and Tali? Let's say merc Mala or Apex run. I still think it's too much of a hassle and bosses die faster without preparing so much and additionally paying attention to mana flask duration.

There is no freaking way the Retch leech thing is intended. It can kill any CI char by just tickling them with 1 dmg. This is a bug that is hopefully getting fixed soon.
Obviously you can cull low life builds that are below 10% hp, even if they have es. That's how it's supposed to work. Onehitting CI chars, where there should not be any way to bypass es, that even are on full life, exploiting a bug is a whole different story.

"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:

Oh c'mon dude. Having crazy ideas is absolutely fine, but please think for a moment if they really make sense before posting them...
First off, it's risky af, so not viable at all: Hit by 1 chaos damage after flask effect ended: rekt. Second, you can do that only one per map, since you can't refill your life pool. Third, the regen from the flask will be neglectably small. Fourth, you're wasting a flask slot.

Let me say it again. This build does not need more damage. Especially not through useless gimmicks like this one

Last edited by Legasi on Jan 24, 2016, 7:56:47 AM
Thanks for this build, absolutely love it. Still only low 70's but the mix of survivability and damage is spot on, never made it to maps so quickly on a lowish budget. Followed the guide to 65 and then switched to CI, aside from the Consuming Dark and 5l Infernal just geared up with 1-3c items and it works a treat, Lifesprig is all you need until Consuming Dark.
Part of the point of going low life is it's insane capability of running auras. Blood Magic Low Life builds are a bit easier to run iirc, especially slot-wise.

Why the hell do you run Anger? It provides damage to attacks, no spells. I checked the wiki page for Shavs Revelation and it's a legacy version that was 4% actually, so I wasn't wrong :P

I was saying (that version) was standard viable, yet not viable in the common sense of the term (to anyone in temp leagues, short of having 150ex+). I don't think the non-aura node variant is worth it, because of lacking defenses. Losing CI (and the associated nodes) really hammers your ES. Heading down toward Blood Magic allows you to get that big regen node if you so desire, and the +1 max fire resistance node, both of which are big.

I also can't really test in game, because I don't have the required gear, nor a high enough level templar/witch (only 82 or so highest templar iirc).

I guess I took it the route I believed was appropriate for the significant paradigm shift. It's still similar build play-wise, but with a completely different tree, so I don't think it's all that different. Note also, that I added all the stuff after the first "tl;dr" in several edits, which I should have indicated better, but wanted to leave the initial information because it mattered still.
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Jan 24, 2016, 1:41:54 PM
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Part of the point of going low life is it's insane capability of running auras. Blood Magic Low Life builds are a bit easier to run iirc, especially slot-wise.

Why the hell do you run Anger? It provides damage to attacks, no spells. I checked the wiki page for Shavs Revelation and it's a legacy version that was 4% actually, so I wasn't wrong :P

I was saying (that version) was standard viable, yet not viable in the common sense of the term (to anyone in temp leagues, short of having 150ex+). I don't think the non-aura node variant is worth it, because of lacking defenses. Losing CI (and the associated nodes) really hammers your ES. Heading down toward Blood Magic allows you to get that big regen node if you so desire, and the +1 max fire resistance node, both of which are big.

I also can't really test in game, because I don't have the required gear, nor a high enough level templar/witch (only 82 or so highest templar iirc).

I guess I took it the route I believed was appropriate for the significant paradigm shift. It's still similar build play-wise, but with a completely different tree, so I don't think it's all that different. Note also, that I added all the stuff after the first "tl;dr" in several edits, which I should have indicated better, but wanted to leave the initial information because it mattered still.

You are not aware of the fact that since 2.0 Anger also adds fire damage to spells? Very strange...

Well I can't really tell which ll version is better, I only have played mana based 8 'buff' ll ele wander, which is the fastest clearing build I ever made. If that one only had options for reflect and single target, sigh.
If you got a shavs I'll test it on one of my std chars, but I don't wanna remove the wander colours on mine... Gotta catch you in game to discuss this.
I'm pretty sure that my version will end up with 8-9kish es, while yours has maybe 5-6k. Not sure where exaclty that 'lacks defenses'.

Oh and I forgot to link those before, +1 gems PG is easy, huh?

ez

I bought most of those when they were 2ex and already vendored/gave away a ton.
Haha, rip those PGs. Better than trying to get +1 gems Acuitites, that's for sure. Took a break, missed a lot of changes, RIP me and my understanding of the meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info