2.1 LL Whispering Ice! Up to 10,5k ES, 2.2k Int and nearly 17k Avg.Dmg! NEW THREAD UP!

Edit: Added FAQ section near the bottom of the build and slightly edited my current passive tree!

BIG THANKS to some people here who brought to my attention that I could drop the mana and int. note above "Deep Thoughts" and pick the two int. notes under "Unnutural Calm" for better pathing instead! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Jan 5, 2016, 8:37:38 AM
this build is so damn fun

i am on TALI standard this is what i got so far and i am killing it with 1600 int almsot at 4k dmg

(need more chroms and jewlers and fusings to finish the gear aspect

Been playing similar build for a while now, only that I went with avatar of fire. Now that controlled destruction is out, might have to try that.

My gear:

IGN: LessBow
"
Dextera wrote:
this build is so damn fun

i am on TALI standard this is what i got so far and i am killing it with 1600 int almsot at 4k dmg

(need more chroms and jewlers and fusings to finish the gear aspect

Getting all the Chromes and Fus together shouldn't really be an issue... just dry out the lake even more for a while and ur golden :')
Also glad to hear ur having a blast! :P

"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Been playing similar build for a while now, only that I went with avatar of fire. Now that controlled destruction is out, might have to try that.

My gear:

You are also playing crit. I guess since you are using voidbringers?
Imho going crit just isnt worth it for IS, you waste too many points just picking crit notes when simply scaling Int. is much better.
About CtF + AoF, tested it myself and didn't really like it cuz I pref. being able to freeze stuff. This helps alot in high maps against fast mobs and porcupines cast on death spikes!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Trying out your build since 2 days now, im 64 so far, got 6k1 ES

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcFQg18DkgRDxFQEZYV1xcvGYoajxslHRQdqh8YIG4i9CSwKgsqOCycLKYsvy2oL280CjW5N2Y7DT1fQZZGcUuuTLNQMFH7UlNV1lZjXGtd8l8qX2pfsGSdZOdmVGaebAttGW-ecFJwu3IPdFV3B3_GgKSCm4MJhEiExYV7hq6HE4nTjDaPRo_6kNaTJ5Rvl5WX9Jo7m6GbtZykn9-hL6crrJius7GQtAy-gL6KwcXDOsNtykrK080W0B_Q0ND12RPZW9-K4YjpAuq66_XsGOw473zv6_Id9tr31_rS-wn-SQ==

Would this Skilltree aswell work with this build? Just added Crit and CI, because I dont have atm Shavronne's Wrappings, aswell because of that I can't go low life.
5,6k ES with lv70 and I'm still missing many Uniques :D but it's still quite funny.
Last edited by Skiiney on Jan 6, 2016, 12:09:22 PM
"

Imho going crit just isnt worth it for IS, you waste too many points just picking crit notes when simply scaling Int. is much better.
About CtF + AoF, tested it myself and didn't really like it cuz I pref. being able to freeze stuff. This helps alot in high maps against fast mobs and porcupines cast on death spikes!

No, my talent tree is very similar to yours, I don't spec crit. I use voidbringers because of the high energy shield uniques they are.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBDXwOSBBYEQ8RUBGWFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqh_HJLAnqSlPKjgreCycLR8tiy9vMtE1uTsNPAVFR0ZxS65Ms1BCUXRSKVXWVeBYWlxrXIpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVG0Zb55wu3RVe9d_xoCkgpuDCYRIhMWFe4dljDaO6Y8aj0aP-pMnlSCXBpuhm7WhL6IuoqOmmacIpyusmK-Nr5u0DLUEvorAZsHFwfPDOsNtxKLKSsrT0B_Q0NWm2RPZW9-K35jfsOGI5CLpAuq66-7sGOw473zv6_ba99f60vsJ_kk=

Being that I have cold to fire I also put points on fire walker and frost walker. And I also go to Occulist Dominion through the "avoid cast interrupt" so I can just stand and cast while getting stunned... it is like a mini-unwvering stance.

I also took Amplfy for the area damage and size... it does affect the Icestorm right?
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Jan 6, 2016, 1:19:12 PM
"
Skiiney wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcFQg18DkgRDxFQEZYV1xcvGYoajxslHRQdqh8YIG4i9CSwKgsqOCycLKYsvy2oL280CjW5N2Y7DT1fQZZGcUuuTLNQMFH7UlNV1lZjXGtd8l8qX2pfsGSdZOdmVGaebAttGW-ecFJwu3IPdFV3B3_GgKSCm4MJhEiExYV7hq6HE4nTjDaPRo_6kNaTJ5Rvl5WX9Jo7m6GbtZykn9-hL6crrJius7GQtAy-gL6KwcXDOsNtykrK080W0B_Q0ND12RPZW9-K4YjpAuq66_XsGOw473zv6_Id9tr31_rS-wn-SQ==

Would this Skilltree aswell work with this build? Just added Crit and CI, because I dont have atm Shavronne's Wrappings, aswell because of that I can't go low life.
5,6k ES with lv70 and I'm still missing many Uniques :D but it's still quite funny.

Yes I guess it would work even tho I highly advice playing it non crit cuz I have yet to see a crit icestormer dealing more dmg. than this non crit build here.
The scaling you get from all the INT. is just that much stronger its scary...!
Also you dont need AoE notes. Icestorms base AoE is large enough as it is.

"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
"

No, my talent tree is very similar to yours, I don't spec crit. I use voidbringers because of the high energy shield uniques they are.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBDXwOSBBYEQ8RUBGWFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqh_HJLAnqSlPKjgreCycLR8tiy9vMtE1uTsNPAVFR0ZxS65Ms1BCUXRSKVXWVeBYWlxrXIpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVG0Zb55wu3RVe9d_xoCkgpuDCYRIhMWFe4dljDaO6Y8aj0aP-pMnlSCXBpuhm7WhL6IuoqOmmacIpyusmK-Nr5u0DLUEvorAZsHFwfPDOsNtxKLKSsrT0B_Q0NWm2RPZW9-K35jfsOGI5CLpAuq66-7sGOw473zv6_ba99f60vsJ_kk=

Being that I have cold to fire I also put points on fire walker and frost walker. And I also go to Occulist Dominion through the "avoid cast interrupt" so I can just stand and cast while getting stunned... it is like a mini-unwvering stance.

I also took Amplfy for the area damage and size... it does affect the Icestorm right?

It indeed is even tho youseam to lack ALOT int.(= dmg, es & mana) and three sockets.
I know that the fire/cold notes double dip but if thats really stronger than having like 300+ more INT. and 3 sockets... I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong!
Also you don't really need AoE notes, they do you more harm than good against bosses.
Icestorms base AoE is large enough for clearing packs and when switching in conc. for bosses you want the AoE as small and concentrated as posible for max. hit potential.
Picking anti-stun is up to you. I don't really need it. :)

"
lqte wrote:
Trying out your build since 2 days now, im 64 so far, got 6k1 ES

Looks really solid so far! :P

You really want to switch your gloves for ascenaths soon tho! :)

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Jan 6, 2016, 2:06:33 PM
Does Asenath gloves really work? Since I don't see the curse applied above mobs heads when attacking.

EDIT: pls ignore my message, was playing Mobs immune to Curse map, thus why could not see curse applied.
Last edited by tduong on Jan 7, 2016, 12:48:54 AM
"
tduong wrote:
Does Asenath gloves really work? Since I don't see the curse applied above mobs heads when attacking.

EDIT: pls ignore my message, was playing Mobs immune to Curse map, thus why could not see curse applied.

Np dude! :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info