[2.3] King's "Close Stalker" - Blast Rain + Puncture Trap + 50/25 Block [HC and Atziri deathless]

UPDATE: Updated skill tree. Gained 30% bow damage and some life. Can't believe I missed that. Also added non lioneye's fall tree.
I'm casual player and when i was looking for a build to play in this league i was looking for something affordable and tanky enough to get me through maps.
So far my experience with this build are very good - mostly self-found (i bought only Rearguard, Chin Soll and jewel, rest of the gear is less then mediocre) i'm lvl 67, did first map yesterday without hicups and i'm having great fun. Single shooting rares never felt sooo good.
So thank you for this concept (i'm doing my little experiments with skill tree nodes) and i hope i will lvl it all the way up to late 90's - i never went that far with any of my builds.
"
Exiler17 wrote:
I'm casual player and when i was looking for a build to play in this league i was looking for something affordable and tanky enough to get me through maps.
So far my experience with this build are very good - mostly self-found (i bought only Rearguard, Chin Soll and jewel, rest of the gear is less then mediocre) i'm lvl 67, did first map yesterday without hicups and i'm having great fun. Single shooting rares never felt sooo good.
So thank you for this concept (i'm doing my little experiments with skill tree nodes) and i hope i will lvl it all the way up to late 90's - i never went that far with any of my builds.

Wow, I'm really happy to hear it :) If you'll have any questions or feedback, feel free to post it! It's really turning out to be a very decent build when fully geared!
Did you see this? https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3xsvb7/rory_just_confirmed_that_point_blank_does_not/
Did a shrapnel shot build as ranger CRIT 100% safe for HC league. Just wanna talk about the spell Shrapnel Shot, I feel like I lose a lot of clearspeed because of the radius. Is Inc AOE GEM mandatory for this skill ? I tried it and to be honest didnt feel a huge difference. Also I wanted to ask if u use conc effect, does the more damage works on projectile AND AoE like PPD increase the Projectile AND the AOE ?

Thread of my build if anybody wanna read :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1527066

My gear :

A lot of testing atm so not fully completed ! I'm trying to have a good corrupted drillneck for now, on the first one I got "3 chaos res" = GARBAGE and then I got "0.2% lightning damage leech" but like all u guess I want 1 addtional arrow so i'll keep trying.
ekSi - making GG builds since 1999
Last edited by ekSi on Dec 22, 2015, 9:07:32 AM
I use SS only for single attacks or in hallways when few monsters are in line. I Feel that base cone AoE should be bigger to be effective for clearing.

Conc effect is the worse support for SS imo. It works only on cone dmg and you really don't want smaller cone radius since you knockback so in most cases you won't even hit mobs. I'd ditch Drillneck and use a rare quiver and Blast Rain for clearing. Cheaper and more effective.

Cheers!
"
kralj87 wrote:
UPDATE: Updated skill tree. Gained 30% bow damage and some life. Can't believe I missed that. Also added non lioneye's fall tree.

Alot of stuff wasted into this the staff nodes, i.e. power charge on block and crit stuff since you have RT tho.

Worth it?
Level 64 atm! Going strong! Just bought Chin Sol and my first Lionseye Fall. Working great. I switched Shrapnel for Siege Ballista. I noticed i was only using Blast Rain. Can i ask you why you took Darressos Defiance as body armour? Does it benefit the build that much? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info