[2.1] ₪ WIP ₪ ekSi ☠ Shrapnel Shot CRIT CLOSE RANGE THC

Progress : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ekSi/characters/ekSiGGBUILD

Lvl 68

Fun fact, the chest I wear was a rare 2 sockets, 1 jewel = 5s 1 fusing = 5L. Don't bother about gems slotted right now its just about testing and leveling :)

------ Introducing ------
Hello everyone, i'm ekSi and i'm playing this game since the beta. I enjoy a lot doing originals builds who are still viable and also good ! I'm only HC player dont even talk to me about SC.

I'm streaming here sometimes : www.twitch.tv/tvekSi
Mainly on the evening EUROPE TIME

------ Main Idea ------
The challenge here was to do a Shrapnel shot build in HC but not like everybody is doing "FULL TANKY MELEE MARAUDER/DUELIST 100% SAFE". I wanted to play it Crit as a ranger and still being 99.9% safe :P

The idea is to stack % more damage/Crit chance/Crit Multi for achieve an insane shrapnel shot burst.

------ Gear ------
Helm : Rat's Nest OR Alpha Howl (~ 30c)
Nothing too complicated, Rat's Nest if Alpha Howl isnt needed for auras thats all :)

Chest : Lightning Coil (~ 4ex)
Why LC ? Come on dude u're better than that :)

Boots : Blood Dance (~ 20c)
Generate Frenzy Charges and having a rly great movespeed !

Weapon : Chin Sol (~ 5c)
Obviously for the 100% more damage at close range

OffHand : Drillneck (~ 1ex)
100% increased damage with SS (We need a corrupted one since we dont need the implicit pierce chance so buy cards and be lucky, I got 3% chaos res i'm rly sad)

Jewelry : Any crit / life / resists (bonus WeD / AS / Accuracy)

Belt : Any Armour / life / resists (Rustic Stash if possible)

Somes Talismans can be awesome for this build especially the Global defences one since we are hybrid EV + Armour. Otherwise %life always good or %phys damage or % physical reduction

------ Jewels ------
Jewels : % life (~ 1 alch) then upgrade it with phys damage / projectile damage / AOE etc ...

------ Gems Links ------
Main Attack : SS + Slower Projectile + Conc Effect + AoE + WeD + PPAD

Main Attack2 : AOE SS with LMP or GMP I guess !

Aura : AA + Hatred + Purity Of Lightning + Enlighten

CWDT Setup : CWDT + IC + Increased Duration + Golem

Movement : Blink Arrow + Faster Attack + Vaal Haste + Blood Magic

------ Bandits ------
Normal: Oak

Cruel: Oak / Kraityn

Merciless: Kraityn

------ Defensive Things ------
Playing Hybrid EV/Armour WITHOUT ACRO. We gonna evade most of the hits and even when it gonna touch us we will mitigate it. With 5-6k life, depends of the gear.

So AA = 13% less phys AND 12% less fire damage
LC = 30 % phys taken as lightning damage
PoL = +4 max res lightning

Dont need to explain the synergy ... U can see it by yourself, also I dont wanna play "Phys to lightning" for keep that phys part of damage. I think if I go full lightning damage I can OS myself on reflect and since I play Vaal Pact the last thing I want is to being one shoted, till I leech I gonna survive (Only talking about Reflect). About other damages of the game those defensive mechanics seems more than okay.

------ Offensive Things ------
258% more damage on everything (Chin Sol + ConC + Slower Proj + PPAD)
And another 59% more damage on the lightning part (WeD)

U add from that almost 200% multiplier and u have an insane dps on monotarget. We gonna have less on multitargets cause of GMP/LMP but who care's ... The damage gonna be already insane.

------ Credits ------
Thanks to Kuza, Goratha and the HighLife guild !

Obviously this needs a lot of testing and since i'm only level 60 atm it gonna change quickly, i'll keep u informed on the thread tho ! Don't hesitate to discuss with me and to point out my mistakes.
ekSi - making GG builds since 1999
Last edited by ekSi on Dec 22, 2015, 9:08:32 AM
Ideas In Progress :

1/ Drop Blood Dance and play with Blood Rage if the life degen isnt too hard.
= Darkray Vectors ? (8 frenzy charge + high MS + 16% Dodge Attack AND Lightning res for LC)

2/ Taking ACRO and forget about Hybrid EV/AR since I won't have that much AR.
Last edited by ekSi on Dec 22, 2015, 9:10:49 AM
nice build i will try it
Last edited by AaaaDova on Dec 21, 2015, 12:04:30 PM
Nice build Eksi , keep doing , the build is a bit expensive! but tanky with a nice dips :)
Your tree is 120 points :) Has to be good 110 points or less IMO...
"
FoolyCoolant wrote:
Your tree is 120 points :) Has to be good 110 points or less IMO...

Yeah, I always do 120 points tree cause I know what to take in last like jewels etc ..
Hey eKsi you should go for arrow dancing keystone for 1 point since you are using lightning coil.
"
Tifa_ wrote:
Hey eKsi you should go for arrow dancing keystone for 1 point since you are using lightning coil.

I don't wanna nerf my evade of melee attack maybe will think about it when I gonna have a taste of hate !
Streaming the build atm !
http://www.twitch.tv/tveksi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info