[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

"
"
muir wrote:
Cmon people... picking up IR and not going through Cloth and Chain is just insanity!

At the time I had 6.6k life, so dropping damage nodes + jewel didn't seem worth it. Now that I have a 6L bow, I can drop some damage and pick up more suitability. Thank you for the recommendation, I have switched and now have 7k life!

One thing though, I think you should take a look at Survivalist right under the HP/EVA wheel you mentioned, I think it's much more stronger than Cloth and Chain simply because you gain 1% max cold, along with the exact same stats.

Give it a look! :^)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cloth and Chain gives us BOTH eva and armor, so 24% eva and 24% armor means 48% armor (in full eva set) since we have the iron reflexes
ign: PlasticSupporter
"
nowai27 wrote:
"
"
muir wrote:
Cmon people... picking up IR and not going through Cloth and Chain is just insanity!

At the time I had 6.6k life, so dropping damage nodes + jewel didn't seem worth it. Now that I have a 6L bow, I can drop some damage and pick up more suitability. Thank you for the recommendation, I have switched and now have 7k life!

One thing though, I think you should take a look at Survivalist right under the HP/EVA wheel you mentioned, I think it's much more stronger than Cloth and Chain simply because you gain 1% max cold, along with the exact same stats.

Give it a look! :^)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cloth and Chain gives us BOTH eva and armor, so 24% eva and 24% armor means 48% armor (in full eva set) since we have the iron reflexes

You are correct, but as you approach 50%, there are diminishing returns with armour / eva stacking.
Just wanna say it again.
Great guide.
Brought my char easy to lvl 90 till i switched to Hidden Posential.

But since i have much Familly time now - gonna sell my full gear

If someone is interested

Ones again...
Great Guide !
Great Build !
Thx for taking your time.
Greez
Nyu
Last edited by Nyurael on Jan 6, 2016, 5:26:47 AM
[Deleted, Grocery doesn't want contrarian views in his thread, any disagreements with his One True Approach, suggestions, or criticisms]
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jan 14, 2016, 12:03:54 PM
"
muir wrote:
"
"
nowai27 wrote:

You are correct, but as you approach 50%, there are diminishing returns with armour / eva stacking.

Hmm I have to disagree. It's not helpful to look at the % mitigation figure on the char stats tab, this is a representative figure for a representative amount of dmg. That amount of damage is a relatively low amount vs what I'd just describe as scary shit, and doesn't take into account monster buffs like auras, rare properties, map mods etc which is what makes scary shit scary.

I just like to look at the final armour number. I feel comfortable running around in high/hard maps with 20k armour before flasks. I feel comfortable punching a flask and hitting 40k or more.

Lastly, yes Cloth and Chain provides the full numerical benefit for IR to base eva (grace + all your gear basically) of 48% which is ASTRONOMICAL for 3 points which are essentially pathing nodes. It's a net 1 point expenditure to path this way when picking up IR so it is an unbelievably good option and the extra resists are sweet sweet gravy.

In other news I picked up a new toy this morning. Woooooooooooohoooooooooooo

Cloth and Chain is mental for IR imo. It's too good to pass up for such a small investment.

Nice quiver :)
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I picked up one of those quivers non-corrupted for cheap last night and started using the gloves as well which dropped for me quite a while ago. Pretty decent damage upgrade. I might have to start actually selling shit so I can afford a 6L +3 bow eventually.

Last edited by Melzas on Jan 6, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
Hello again.

Here with update, I bought CA lvl21 and empower lvl3.
Found a cheap way to boost 15% cloud dps.

Full dps with Rallying cry

I will try to kill uber in few days.
can someone help me how to improve my tree.. i wanna drop the projectile dmg on the right and acrobatics/phase and get IR instead

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUILg2NDkgRLxa_GY4fQSP2JpUqWysKMHEwfDIBNj06QkMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLW69d8mHiYqxlTWqMbIx07XXLdoJ67311gl6Hdo19jX6Nv5smm42dqqLZo4qw2LIZtMW00bVIt7a9Nr6nwuzIDMgUy73N6s96037UI9rB2-fdqOOf5oHo1upi6xTrY-2D7g7vevVv_MX-ug==?accountName=realstyla2310&characterName=Hannamichi

dont know how i should do it
[Deleted, Grocery doesn't want contrarian views in his thread, any disagreements with his One True Approach, suggestions, or criticisms]
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jan 14, 2016, 12:04:05 PM
"
muir wrote:
I've been playing around with some HC alternatives which are a little unconventional; IR + Acro.

This feels extremely solid, as painful as 50% less armour might be, once you realize how much armour you can actually get thanks to IR + right tree eva/arm nodes the trade off starts to make a lot of sense.

Tree (note; I don't even bother generating frenzies when mfing.)

For general mapping I've been switching to the following (ignore sockets):

Believe it or not, the additional dodge and armour from Hyrri's is better than a lightning coil in all circumstances per calculations from this site. This produces the following stats (jade always up, shown here):

If there's any doubt, I do have a coil and would use it if I felt it was better.

MF setup for low tier maps is:

Producing (no flasks up):

I tried Phase Acro + IR aswell, it didn't feel bad at all yet you get a ton of people saying it's not worth it etc. I love the stats on Hyrri's Ire and feel it's very overlooked. 56% spell dodge is insane when you really think about it, especially with a build that doesn't have much sustain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info