[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

Last edited by SzejkM8 on Dec 7, 2015, 5:49:22 PM
"
SzejkM8 wrote:
I've never played with Poison Arrow but this came in my mind while looking at your build. It has less life but much higher evasion and some more damage. I've used 115 points for this build
Spoiler

The DoT nodes down by the duelist are a very, very good option and I contemplated making that option #2, but was going to wait until GGG releases the tree on their site so as to not do double work.

Overall, I am not sure which will be the better option. Since I am using a lightning coil/grace I am less worried about evasion/armor, but more is always better right!

You lose 1 frenzy charge and 2 jewel spots with your path which can roll about 20-25% increased damage each along with whatever else they roll so the addition of the DOT nodes is diminished a bit, albeit not completely and at a cheaper cost (jewels can be insanely expensive). Remember that poison does nothing for caustic arrow in 2.1 so the duelist tree is essentially 70% increased damage. 40-50% from jewels + other rolls, tough call, but I would go with jewels for utility.

Revenge of the hunted is a nice addition as well.

How do you think mana will be with only 1 node set?

This is complicated and I am going to take a deeper look tonight after work.

I think there will likely be 2 options with this build. And I am sure I will be adjusting the trees as time goes on.

Thanks for the input!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 7, 2015, 6:46:42 PM
"
Grocery wrote:
"
cocas12345 wrote:
why not going for fatal toxins? 125% poison damage

Poison Damage will not affect caustic arrow.

excuse my noob question but what is the difference between "caustic arrow" and "poison arrow"?
"
derfff87 wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
cocas12345 wrote:
why not going for fatal toxins? 125% poison damage

Poison Damage will not affect caustic arrow.

excuse my noob question but what is the difference between "caustic arrow" and "poison arrow"?

Poison Arrow is being renamed to Caustic Arrow
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
SzejkM8 wrote:

I looked at it a bit more and I like your tree better but made some changes. Updated the post.

Still no phase acro, unless on HC/Uber Atziri. I think you need 2 mana nodes, atleast from my PA experience currently. I also picked up another jewel slot.

Thanks for the help dude! Starting to optimize :)
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
You are welcome. I don't know how those new leech nodes are going to work in 2.1, it doesn't specify any dmg type so it's possible that Causting Arrow will work with these. If yes, I would take them instead of mana nodes. But we'll see in 3 days.
I still would take phase acrobatics instead of some mana because you can't get dodge from jewels and gear without sacrificing something, but you can get mana or mana regeneration easly from jewels and rare stuff. Atziri's Step is neat, yes, but has no ele resists and that sucks.
Last edited by SzejkM8 on Dec 8, 2015, 1:55:39 AM
"
SzejkM8 wrote:
You are welcome. I don't know how those new leech nodes are going to work in 2.1, it doesn't specify any dmg type so it's possible that Causting Arrow will work with these. If yes, I would take them instead of mana nodes. But we'll see in 3 days.
I still would take phase acrobatics instead of some mana because you can't get dodge from jewels and gear without sacrificing something, but you can get mana or mana regeneration easly from jewels and rare stuff. Atziri's Step is neat, yes, but has no ele resists and that sucks.

Caustic's cloud damage won't leech they are not changing that mechanic. All the elemtns can leech but I am almost 99% certain caustic won't.

Just FYI, quite a few PA builds don't take phase acro, which is why I will have 2 options :)
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 8, 2015, 2:28:14 AM
I played a variation of Sereth's build back in Tempest league. But saw yours as its shadow my favourite class by far. And wondering if i make the move back to Shadow CA character. I guess pending final patch notes i'll decide on my phys trapper vs this sort of build. However, I play extensively on HC and never really understood the whole phase acro being needed.

I see you mentioned LC + Grace what is a poor mans version of LC until getting enough currency to go for that?

I look forward to watching this forum post grow and develop in order to help me make a better informed decision. Keep up the good work.
"
Avmantox wrote:
I played a variation of Sereth's build back in Tempest league. But saw yours as its shadow my favourite class by far. And wondering if i make the move back to Shadow CA character. I guess pending final patch notes i'll decide on my phys trapper vs this sort of build. However, I play extensively on HC and never really understood the whole phase acro being needed.

I see you mentioned LC + Grace what is a poor mans version of LC until getting enough currency to go for that?

I look forward to watching this forum post grow and develop in order to help me make a better informed decision. Keep up the good work.

Taste of hate hahaha. That's expensive too though. Belly of the beast is a decent option. Kaom's is nice, but it drops Frenzy so you probably have to use blood rage, which I like less and less as you want the life regen, especially as a non-leech build. Carcass jack is good as well and gives some utility to Caustic Arrow.

Unfortunately there is no real item close to LC besides taste of hate. They are OP for a reason!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Poison Arrow has been renamed to Caustic Arrow as part of the poison changes. The damage of this skill has been increased by around 37% at level 1, but reduced by around 42% by level 20. This reduction is more than compensated for by supporting the skill with the new supports. Caustic Arrow's mana costs have been increased, from 5 to 8 at level one, and from 13 to 16 at level 20.
Power Sip

Here are the information about the nerf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info