[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

Would you recommend this build for a beginner (second character) with minimal currency?

I really like the look of it and want to make a Shadow. Deciding between this one or the Contagion + Essence build.

Thanks! Looks fun.
"
VILLAIN14 wrote:
Would you recommend this build for a beginner (second character) with minimal currency?

I really like the look of it and want to make a Shadow. Deciding between this one or the Contagion + Essence build.

Thanks! Looks fun.

i think i can answer this as well:

i play this build as my first HC character in talisman HC league currently. so i started with zero anything. it is very cheap ( in terms of: good dmg and value for no currency), i run around self found completely and i made it up to merciless act 1 now, no death, no trading, just playing ;)
I am going to be working on a similar build, i think.
Last edited by Sunaether on Jan 2, 2016, 8:15:37 AM
"
nowai27 wrote:
I really can't get that drillneck obsession. People wastin 10 points instead of 2 just for stats, 50% dmg and 30% pierce chance

and not caring about 5 points way with 56% dmg

Pierce by itself without drillneck's multiplier is just garbage. And I think that drillneck has too many useless stats for CA build, this combo looks way better,
so we gettin even more without colossal investments in passives and money. What do you think?

I made that swap yesterday as soon as I saw the Rigwald's Quiver, gained 2k tooltip dps with no charges. Definitely recommend that route to people!
"
nowai27 wrote:
I really can't get that drillneck obsession. People wastin 10 points instead of 2 just for stats, 50% dmg and 30% pierce chance

Pierce by itself without drillneck's multiplier is just garbage. And I think that drillneck has too many useless stats for CA build, this combo looks way better,
so we gettin even more without colossal investments in passives and money. What do you think?

I'll be investigating this tomorrow night when I get back. I have not had time to play for 2 weeks due to being on holiday. That quiver was not really big when I wrote the guide because Tali was just out. It looks very viable.

It is not a waste of 10 points unless you go IR. If you go Acro it is a waste of less points not necessarily a waste.

I'll take a look and let you know my thoughts, but it definitely looks like top tier choice.

FYI, you should be taking the frenzy node there. All Frenzy nodes on tree should be taken, they are a multiplicative damage increase!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
For an IR build, using Rigwald's Quills, would the following be good?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6u00eaBJpUki8gMy71h4sM6doJVS4ngGYq1SOZYlwbrY5MfBfnEohEvAx42PUkTmyahIrvjKwofQZ2qVYUyAfT4_rpd8myMpcuyGaJAfXUOSGKsz3oB0dN-EZa3MGHrr-vvegBeBx4UCXpT7g4ZjpUuE22jivzF7YPw1SaI-WMj9g2NCC6P-klRVP5Nko19W6-HdpuNXEC95hR1Tirjn4fLPs8Y20z_Sn2nm3TxLiNDMXWeKaWTmdrBjX6_1cMzzxW7nnTtLlO3tlO7WhoFLdNvdct67-pivqduaWVN1fi9Nkd-Z6A=
Has anyone done uber with this yet?

I am sitting with 21K 5000life and got myself lightning coil.

My tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUHHgguDPINjQ5IES8RlhNtFAkUdRa_GNsZjh9BI_YknSaIJpUqWysKLiMuUzBxMHwyATY9OkI-z0MxQzZJUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1LsWhpbr1xAXfJh4mJaYqxlTWqMbIxuaXTtdZ51y3aCefZ9dYJeh3aHy419jX6Nv4_6k5mVLpsmm42dqqLZo4qly6ebsNiyGbTFtNG1SLcwt7a7nrvjvTa95r6nwuzDM8SiyAzIFM8Vz3rTb9N-1CPV-NrB3ajjn-jW6mLrY-2D7g7vevDV9W_8xf66?accountName=Bozzom&characterName=Trovatelj_ubojica

Still need mybe lvl 3 Empower to get myself to 23-24 K mybe?

How much cloud DPS would be minimum to go on uber runs?
"
Grocery wrote:
"
nowai27 wrote:

I really can't get that drillneck obsession

I'll be investigating this tomorrow night when I get back. I have not had time to play for 2 weeks due to being on holiday. That quiver was not really big when I wrote the guide because Tali was just out. It looks very viable.

It is not a waste of 10 points unless you go IR. If you go Acro it is a waste of less points not necessarily a waste.

I'll take a look and let you know my thoughts, but it definitely looks like top tier choice.

FYI, you should be taking the frenzy node there. All Frenzy nodes on tree should be taken, they are a multiplicative damage increase!

You know what? I have sacrificed bunch of my Regrets and chaoses to check that stuff. I bought quite decent gloves and quiver and actually I've got less DPS then with standard Drillneck-oriented build. So I simply switched back to default.

May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
It doesn't make sense why you go to the ranger start, which very few builds ever take, unless you are doing a specific pathing for IR and skipping out on Acro. The frenzy node + Jewel slot will almost always be better, as you don't waste points traveling near vaal pact and above heart of oak.

Winds of Change and Rigwalds Quills do look awesome, I was only speaking to pathing. Clearly your pathing should be for an IR only build.

Rigwald would obviously mean dropping piercing though, that much everyone can agree on.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 3, 2016, 6:59:29 PM
Hello, i would suggest to drop Piercing shots from your tree if you use Drillneck quiver, use pierce support gem instead of slower projectiles, it goes up to 69% (10% proj dmg quality) + Drillneck pierce + uniqe jewel from quest Poachers Aim (15% pierce + 10% proj dmg) = 94% pierce chance which goes to proj dmg through Drillneck and pierce gem has lower mana multiplier 110% vs 140%. I suggest some changes and as you can see it doesnt matter which starting char you choose.

http://tinyurl.com/jnltgpx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info