Has Charan quit the forum?

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I think you mean:

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I'd kinda like to see a parking spot occupied by a tiny penis.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Don't they have Hybrid only car parks where you live?

Badum-tish.

In all seriousness though, I don't think you can rebalance around lower monster numbers and reduced clear-speed any more. There would be an exodus of players. Maybe they are not the players that the game was originally made for, and maybe they are not individually big supporters (financially), but GGG has grown significantly in size and scope now that there is need for the current potential revenue in attracting and retaining those players :(

The best thing? Mechanically complex fights. Atziri (and Apex as a whole, outside of the 1-shot spike lady) is still the jewel in the crown for this. Malachai was a good attempt, but suffers too much from all the extraneous bullshit on the screen.

Daresso and his zone comes close, but is so AOE-centric that it limits wide build viability. Kaom is just another "fill the screen with bullshit really fast and pretend its mechanically based".

If they could scale down the Atziri style encounters to appear more regularly in boss fights for maps, or even have some of the packs contain unique monsters that have some aspects of it... I'd be happy with that.

But, I don't know. Speed is king, AOE=Speed, Movement+DPS+AOE=Emperor of the Universe, and without reflect or thorns, there are no counters to it. Hell, in the current meta the bigger the pack is, the safer you are thanks to the leech changes.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I'd be happy with tougher rares and uniques that can survive/be smart enough to notice, maybe magic mobs too (at least when they are bloodline packs). If the rest of the time there is a need to kill stuff quickly with AOE, so be it, but I'd prefer to have interruptions from time to time, rather than once in a blue moon.

GGG is good at bosses but they should be better at everything else.

I'm not that cynical about the playerbase. If the game can survive people whinning about every nerf, physical damage spikes, absurd map gating, and bullshit difficulty in some bosses pre nerf, it can survive reducing density and moving from trivial clearing.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Nov 30, 2015, 8:30:23 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Oh, please. Community worst ever? That's way too harsh. Gaming communities are pretty toxic as a whole, PoE's one is better than most other games I've played.

I am not saying its the worst. I am generalizing a bit, obviously. However, it isn't anything like it used to be.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
It isn't just ARPGS though. This faster faster faster approach applies to most genres of games nowadays. Hell, it also applies to movies and TV in the general respect as well. People just don't have an attention span anymore. It must be fast and with a lot of explosions.
That isn't to say it isn't fun. I still have a lot of fun when I play PoE. However, it isn't entirely the game I signed up for either. I can see why that'd really frustrate someone who had heavily backed the game. That and the community is the worst ever. That is what gets me the most.

I care less about speed and more about tactics. My problem is when games get reduced to smashing enemies in one shot, because there is not space for anything except DPS. PoE is more fun when the enemies around you can survive enough to make you move, use curses and do interesting things (at their best with bosses).

The trend towards one shots on both sides are definitely less interesting. Of course, you need the enemy to be smart enough to actually be a threat and not just a damage sponge but stupid.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
Antnee wrote:
I understand his frustrations to some extent. I say this with all the love in the world; POE is still my favorite game by a landslide. But, this, in particular...

"
I myself think ARPGs like diablo 1 seem too scarce nowadays, but understand that this fast clearing style has a larger audience.

... I fucking hate that this is how it is now. Fast, fast, fast, more, more, more. If it were my game, the pace would be far slower, far more calculated.

Because lets face it: there's a limit to how deep your gameplay decision making can be when pushed to a milliseconds-long threshold. As it stands, the faster you do things in this game, the better. Smarts almost never comes into the equation (outside of the realm of theorycrafting), if ever.

Right off the bat, the game is an AOE right-click spamfest. The mob density in the very first zone out of town is fucking ridiculous. As soon as you leave town, you're brutally aware of the futility of anything but AOE.

So, the smart part of the game really boils down to this train of thought:

"Whats the best fastest way to AOE and not get killed?"

And in that way, me and Char are completely aligned.

Spoiler
This thread really feels like feedback

It isn't just ARPGS though. This faster faster faster approach applies to most genres of games nowadays. Hell, it also applies to movies and TV in the general respect as well. People just don't have an attention span anymore. It must be fast and with a lot of explosions.
That isn't to say it isn't fun. I still have a lot of fun when I play PoE. However, it isn't entirely the game I signed up for either. I can see why that'd really frustrate someone who had heavily backed the game. That and the community is the worst ever. That is what gets me the most.

That + the "fast fast fast" factor about content too. PoE community is now just like any other online gaming communities that have to play new stuffs all the time, "hype train to hype town all aboard boyyyz lul", and unfortunately GGG is capitalizing on that too (just check how soon we got the Ascendancy announcements when we still have a full set of challenge leagues ahead of us, and people speak like 2.2 is tomorrow). As soon as a big giant patch is out it gets old fast as hell, no matter how much new stuff it provides. Imagine a patch like the Open Beta one (0.10.0), which was considered pretty big back then, going into the game now : half of a new act, lots of balance/items changes, bug fixes, and ladders reset with no special mods applied to the leagues. People would quit after a few days max and go binge-playing somewhere else.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Dec 1, 2015, 6:08:19 AM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
People just don't have an attention span anymore. It must be fast and with a lot of explosions.

that's a fact ggg just takes care of, additionally the game needs the influx of new players to keep up demand for items because there is no mandatory item sink ingame. it's sad they don't like item sinks, my hopes are that the dark shrines test prove successful to permanently change this direction.

when it comes to the direction this game goes: it's exciting to see how ggg tries to tackle the individual challenges and please their player base. it's their game although chris seems to play mtg more than his own game according to videos.

i'm too mixed about the gaming industrie's hype train standard ggg thinks to have to follow. sure, it's good for marketing and getting players back but i miss some more gratifications for the group i count myself in, the anti-hype, consistent and casual longtime player.
imho (for selfish reasons of course) it's the group ggg should cater most because they surely guarantee a steady and reliable income stream.

instead the temp leagues mostly favour those who nolife the start, max gain on the imbalance at league start only to leave the game bored when the corrections kick in or burned out in the middle of the league for the next 2 months.

there are methods to partly control that, one is called "diminishing returns".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
That + the "fast fast fast" factor about content too. PoE community is now just like any other online gaming communities that have to play new stuffs all the time, "hype train to hype town all aboard boyyyz lul", and unfortunately GGG is capitalizing on that too (just check how soon we got the Ascendancy announcements when we still have a full set of challenge leagues ahead of us, and people speak like 2.2 is tomorrow). As soon as a big giant patch is out it gets old fast as hell, no matter how much new stuff it provides. Imagine a patch like the Open Beta one (0.10.0), which was considered pretty big back then, going into the game now : half of a new act, lots of balance/items changes, bug fixes, and ladders reset with no special mods applied to the leagues. People would quit after a few days max and go binge-playing somewhere else.

This game relies too much in novelty for retention because it hasn't solved some basic problems that would make it less dependent on that (mapping tends to stabilize at a few tilesets heavily gating the high tier ones, so the game can become repetitive, trading, bland mobs that die easily, etc.).

Hell, I say that if we can have alternate endgames we should have alternate leveling methods too (playing the main game three times before maps gets old).

Solved all that, it should be more engaging.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:

This game relies too much in novelty for retention because it hasn't solved some basic problems that would make it less dependent on that (mapping tends to stabilize at a few tilesets heavily gating the high tier ones, so the game can become repetitive, trading, bland mobs that die easily, etc.).

Hell, I say that if we can have alternate endgames we should have alternate leveling methods too (playing the main game three times before maps gets old).

Solved all that, it should be more engaging.

In short, make it more like D3 lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info