Has Charan quit the forum?

Want Charan back? Create a reddit thread with the same topic ;D
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
Personally, if i was by a huge shot the biggest financial contributor in the game, and my final weapon was not very interesting and rediculously OP if you build around it, i would be very pissed.

I don't think he was aiming for an OP weapon. Or maybe he was? I can't accurately recall. I thought he was more into the role-playing/lore aspect of his uniques than their powerfulness.

One does not exclude the other. That's why i said "if you build around it". If you build around the concept of the item, which is not necessarily only stat based. I am willing to bet that he definetely wants the item to be interesting, but also to be kinda BiS for a certain build, from mid game all the way to end game. I don't think he wants another ultra rare T1 unique that is useful only as a leveling, or a collector's item.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I am definitely glad he and the other 4 gave the substantial donation to help this game. Its a bit sad that its not going the way he wished for.
Would definitely feel strongly for it if I was in his place.

I myself think ARPGs like diablo 1 seem too scarce nowadays, but understand that this fast clearing style has a larger audience. Can still very much enjoy it, as long as GGG doesnt go full retard with no balance attempts.

I wonder about paid leagues, if at least they arrive sooner or later, one can ask for a tweaked league to feel like a slow paced ARPG. Unfortunately they are more than likely not coming soon since I bet GGG is afraid of fracturing the playerbase further.

I think Charan should care less about what people think of his monster. If it was too weak people would barely notice it, the way it is now is for the better. (and seriously, dropbear damage should always be high)

People complain about everything anyway.

I hope he can find joy in this game again. One thing I like about him is the jovial passion he often shows for some subjects, and it would be a pity if he were to lose it forever, even if only on the subject of this game.

There is just one thing I disliked about Charan, but that is a bit uncertain and he might just have been a victim in that situation. I tried to pry onto that previously through another person but never got an answer back. I wouldnt be surprised if there is an actual hidden variable there, one person that has an hand on the subject but has not shown itself.
Forum moderation can only be incompetent to a certain threshold, after certain lines are crossed its become obvious that favoritism exists.
Well that's something that if ever discussed should not be in these forums anyway.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 30, 2015, 9:38:22 AM
I understand his frustrations to some extent. I say this with all the love in the world; POE is still my favorite game by a landslide. But, this, in particular...

"
I myself think ARPGs like diablo 1 seem too scarce nowadays, but understand that this fast clearing style has a larger audience.

... I fucking hate that this is how it is now. Fast, fast, fast, more, more, more. If it were my game, the pace would be far slower, far more calculated.

Because lets face it: there's a limit to how deep your gameplay decision making can be when pushed to a milliseconds-long threshold. As it stands, the faster you do things in this game, the better. Smarts almost never comes into the equation (outside of the realm of theorycrafting), if ever.

Right off the bat, the game is an AOE right-click spamfest. The mob density in the very first zone out of town is fucking ridiculous. As soon as you leave town, you're brutally aware of the futility of anything but AOE.

So, the smart part of the game really boils down to this train of thought:

"Whats the best fastest way to AOE and not get killed?"

And in that way, me and Char are completely aligned.

Spoiler
This thread really feels like feedback
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
I understand his frustrations to some extent. I say this with all the love in the world; POE is still my favorite game by a landslide. But, this, in particular...

"
I myself think ARPGs like diablo 1 seem too scarce nowadays, but understand that this fast clearing style has a larger audience.

... I fucking hate that this is how it is now. Fast, fast, fast, more, more, more. If it were my game, the pace would be far slower, far more calculated.

Because lets face it: there's a limit to how deep your gameplay decision making can be when pushed to a milliseconds-long threshold. As it stands, the faster you do things in this game, the better. Smarts almost never comes into the equation (outside of the realm of theorycrafting), if ever.

Right off the bat, the game is an AOE right-click spamfest. The mob density in the very first zone out of town is fucking ridiculous. As soon as you leave town, you're brutally aware of the futility of anything but AOE.

So, the smart part of the game really boils down to this train of thought:

"Whats the best fastest way to AOE and not get killed?"

And in that way, me and Char are completely aligned.

Spoiler
This thread really feels like feedback

It isn't just ARPGS though. This faster faster faster approach applies to most genres of games nowadays. Hell, it also applies to movies and TV in the general respect as well. People just don't have an attention span anymore. It must be fast and with a lot of explosions.
That isn't to say it isn't fun. I still have a lot of fun when I play PoE. However, it isn't entirely the game I signed up for either. I can see why that'd really frustrate someone who had heavily backed the game. That and the community is the worst ever. That is what gets me the most.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Nov 30, 2015, 3:58:14 PM
Oh, please. Community worst ever? That's way too harsh. Gaming communities are pretty toxic as a whole, PoE's one is better than most other games I've played.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Oh, please. Community worst ever? That's way too harsh. Gaming communities are pretty toxic as a whole, PoE's one is better than most other games I've played.

Eh, it's not the worst but it's not great. I mean, it's better than most online competitive team games, but not much better beyond that.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
It isn't just ARPGS though. This faster faster faster approach applies to most genres of games nowadays. Hell, it also applies to movies and TV in the general respect as well. People just don't have an attention span anymore. It must be fast and with a lot of explosions.
That isn't to say it isn't fun. I still have a lot of fun when I play PoE. However, it isn't entirely the game I signed up for either. I can see why that'd really frustrate someone who had heavily backed the game. That and the community is the worst ever. That is what gets me the most.

I care less about speed and more about tactics. My problem is when games get reduced to smashing enemies in one shot, because there is not space for anything except DPS. PoE is more fun when the enemies around you can survive enough to make you move, use curses and do interesting things (at their best with bosses).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Unfortunately I'm not really sure how you could truly satisfy both parties without effectively seperating them.

Not that it irks me too much that they are going that direction as I will always play my way, which partially coincides with that mentality anyways.

Personally I like seting up zones of control thus why I like totems and traps. Mines seem pretty shit though, even if I liek some of their effects.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
I'm playing Torchlight 2 in Veteran (I'm on level 56, mapping) and you have a mix of both. The game is fast (I can teleport at will with my embermage) yet anything can survive enough to need kiting, debuffs and all that. There are brute type monsters that can eat a lot of punishment (PoE would be well served with a lot of enemies like that, specially for single target) and champions survive enough too. If PoE could add things like that it would be a better game for it. The bosses are well done, normal fights not so much.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info