Excited about subclasses, but Juggernaut is laughable

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:

I've never heard of an armor build with just 10k armor in 79+ maps. That is not called an armor build.

Evasion char with 10k evasion is completely viable and provides very noticeable protection.
On othe hand, char with 10k armor isnt even considered an armour build in endgame. You need 20, 30, 50k armour to feel difference.
And evasion char can instead grab some HP, DPS, MS and other things most builds need...
That's why armour sucks - you need to stack it too much, or dont stack at all.

In what HC build 10k evasion is viable? Evasion builds got dodge and most of time AA. Top tier build got also lightning coil and taste of hate because they NEED dmg mitigation.
Let's say you got 6k life and you get single hit for 6k dmg. W/e how much evasion, dodge or block you got. You are dead. But if you got 20k armour you will get only 4,5k dmg use yours life flask and you are good to go.
Evasion never was and never will be better then armour.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Nov 26, 2015, 12:22:17 PM
"
pijanapanda wrote:
Imho as melee gladiator and champion will be better at defensive than juggernaut only if you are lazy or poor.

I'm playing melee, and I don't see anything I like in juggernaut. They could have at least put 1 really good node for the type of build I'm playing (2h melee, RT), just one ... but no.

Unflinching came close, +1 endurance charge is nice, but 10% chance to gain when you're hit is complete garbage. The one that gives 5% reduced elemental taken when on full endurance charges is so fucking bad, you'll run around Maegara for 5 minutes while you get all charges, then she'll still kill you in 2.7 seconds.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 26, 2015, 12:54:51 PM
"
pijanapanda wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:

I've never heard of an armor build with just 10k armor in 79+ maps. That is not called an armor build.

Evasion char with 10k evasion is completely viable and provides very noticeable protection.
On othe hand, char with 10k armor isnt even considered an armour build in endgame. You need 20, 30, 50k armour to feel difference.
And evasion char can instead grab some HP, DPS, MS and other things most builds need...
That's why armour sucks - you need to stack it too much, or dont stack at all.

In what HC build 10k evasion is viable? Evasion builds got dodge and most of time AA. Top tier build got also lightning coil and taste of hate because they NEED dmg mitigation.
Let's say you got 6k life and you get single hit for 6k dmg. W/e how much evasion, dodge or block you got. You are dead. But if you got 20k armour you will get only 4,5k dmg use yours life flask and you are good to go.
Evasion never was and never will be better then armour.

You didnt get my point... Evasion chars dont put much efforts into evasion (because it gives good bonuses even at low values. Instead, they gain more DMG reduction, HP and so on.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You didnt get my point... Evasion chars dont put much efforts into evasion (because it gives good bonuses even at low values. Instead, they gain more DMG reduction, HP and so on.

eee, no?
Characters from left side of tree got highest hp pool and damage mitigation because of armour and 6+ endu charges. Right side got less hp and dont got any mitigation only tools to avoid dmg like evasion or dodge but they got much bigger dmg.
You dont invest in evasion not because its give you good bonus at low value but because it's pointless. You must take damage.

@toyotatundra
It's obvious that Marauder will get class for melee 2h RT build because it's how most Marauders looks like. For me Juggernaut is obvious choice when you want build with crazy damage and survivability because this class (imo) can handle abyssus on HC.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Nov 26, 2015, 2:03:52 PM
"

Are you perhaps talking about melee vs range and not evasion vs armor? Because what you are saying is false. Evasion does not get more damage reduction, more hp, etc. Those are all false statements.
Juggernaut is so braindead strong.
1000 accuracy, double body armor

Crit Abyssus Marauders everywhere completely unfazed by physical damage.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Ive been tinking about CoC discharge assassin with warlords, assassin, poacher marks and enfeeble on blasphemy . With Voil and Blood dance =) Il make one on HC league :D
Last edited by Ptirodaktill on Dec 1, 2015, 6:24:39 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Three classes stand out for me for their special perks:

- Gladiator (100% of block chance applied to spells). This makes it much easier to build with Aegis Aurora without sacrificing amulets and boots.

- Assassin (0.5% base crit chance per power charge). This will allow spells to hit 100% crit chance. It would have been insane back when shotgunning worked. Double Void Battery can get you up to 9 power charges. So 95% CoC crit chance with spells and attacks.

- Inquisitor (critical strikes ignore enemy resistances). Decent because you can just forget about cursing or EE. More noticeable on bosses which is where the extra damage is needed.

The rest of the classes mostly add a little flavour but none are as build defining/enabling as the above in my opinion.

Agree, but worst one have marauder - Juggernaut is laughable trash.
"
Agree, but worst one have marauder - Juggernaut is laughable trash.

In your opinion.
I respectfully disagree with that assertion.
Unstoppable - meh, probably not worth the points just to be freeze/slow immune

Undeniable - quite powerful if you go crit. This is like 2.5 items with perfect accuracy roll, this is A LOT of accuracy

Unbreakable - extremely useful for anyone who will take make a stun-centric spec. Invaluable for HC. And double body armour? That is like going from 20k to 35k non-buffed armour for Incinerate Aegis for example.

Unflinching 10% is meh, should be increased really. Endurace charge is useful though, the more you have, the more effective they become.

Unyielding - this one is really bad. 20% increased damage is ONE node, and there are lots of em on the tree, unlike endurance charges. Regen is slightly better but in most cases regen will never save you from dying.

Unrelenting - could be buffed, even with 8 endurance charges it is only 40% inc damage. Reduced elemental damage taken could be increased too. You are not always at full charges, and if you go armour it does absolutely nothing against ele damage.

Definitely should be reworked, however some notables are very good.

One example - crit Hege Era with Undeniable + Unbreakable.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 2, 2015, 6:48:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info