Excited about subclasses, but Juggernaut is laughable

If Juggernaut is the best they can first come up with for PoE's version of the mighty Barbarian, it's very, very sad. Compare all the other keystone sub class nodes vs Juggy and tell me why the hell you would pick any of the Juggy's over Duelist.

https://imgur.com/a/wzWFm

Seriously, I wouldn't even consider wasting a skill point on any of the Juggy's nodes, Duelist kills him by far. Since the 2 classes are so similar in location and functions, why would you start Marauder instead of Duelist and having Fortify or 100% spell block if you want a huge meaningful boost to defense? If not defense and you want more melee damage, Shadow is obviously far and above everything. Not likely Marauder will have a Fortify node since it's reserved for Duelist or insane crit that Shadow has, so what's left for the Marauder? Insane armor buffs and stun effect crap that has little impact and nobody gives a fuck about?

Unstoppable - We have flasks and movement skills EDIT: OK this might be the only exception, since it provides frozen immunity and lesser chill
Undeniable - Trivial to say the least
Unbreakable - Why? Unwavering stance
Unflinching - The trend of getting one shot in this game is never going to end, so a 10% to get a charge with IC nerfed to hell... does what exactly?
Unyielding - Thanks for the leftover scraps from the Fortify bin
Unrelenting - 5% reduction with the one shot, powerful crit mechanics that we eat, wow that's YUUUGE /s

Really a bad start for showcasing Marauder subclass, I doubt the next 2 will be any better since Duelist has taken the cream of the crop already.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Nov 21, 2015, 2:08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I already posted it in the other thread, but you underrated these abilities. Unstoppable in particular- flasks and move skills do not compare. What's the last time you ran a temp chains map because you had flasks and movement skills? And if you've seen the video with dart shooting things in the labyrinth, those slow you down drastically.

I can already think of two builds that would probably take juggernaut instead of any duelist variation just for unstoppable.

2H cyclone
Pure RF
So with this tree and an endurance charge belt you get 9 endurance charges, for 45% elemental damage reduction, with Fortify that's 65%. You are taking 1/3 the elemental damage of a dmage focused ranged class, on top of insane phys reduction. That's laughable? Ok.

Last edited by Zed_ on Nov 21, 2015, 5:26:59 AM
"
Zed_ wrote:
So with this tree and an endurance charge belt you get 9 endurance charges, for 45% elemental damage reduction, with Fortify that's 65%. You are taking 1/3 the elemental damage of a dmage focused ranged class, on top of insane phys reduction. That's laughable? Ok.

Unless that damaged focused ranged class also has capped resistances (which most do other than chaos from what I've seen in build screenshots on forums).
Endurance charges phys reduction is GREAT... the 4% ele resistance just helps you hit cap and be more flexible with gearing.

On a side note... I have an 11k health, 1500regen, 20k armor, 75% all res (inc. chaos), 50% reduced crit damage, molten shell tank bot and he got 2 hit by Eyepecker Boss on Village Ruin map. Had crazy crit chance/multi mods and extra damage but still... BOOM BOOM dead. Numerous times too... same result. Tank and Path of Exile just don't mesh well imo.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Nov 21, 2015, 5:47:26 AM
Never mind, the elemental reduction part of that node is not per charge.

"
Zed_ wrote:

I wish Unrelenting was 5% ele reduction PER charge. The dream.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Really a bad start for showcasing Marauder subclass, I doubt the next 2 will be any better since Duelist has taken the cream of the crop already.

Well said, i think so too.

It just laughable and ridiculous idiotic how weak Marauder subclass.

No wonder that melee out of meta if GGG more care about crits and bows.
"
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Well said, i think so too.

It just laughable and ridiculous idiotic how weak Marauder subclass.

No wonder that melee out of meta if GGG more care about crits and bows.
melee is 'out of meta' ? Wait what?
"
Zed_ wrote:
that keystone is underwhelming, I admit, simply because 5% reduced ele damage taken is at very best (at default 75% res) basically +1 max resist. And making it conditional at max endurance charges further downgrades the effectiveness.
Well I guess that depends on how elemental resistance works.
If it is implemented as a reduction than that 5% get added which means it's like having +5% maximum elemental resistances and not +1% (or actually 1,25%).

And why should Unbreakable be useless because of Unwavering Stance? They have nothing in common. US makes you immune to receiving stuns and erases all your evasion chances. Unbreakable let's YOU INFLICT stuns easier and doubles your armor rating.

It actually synergizes in that both are made to concentrate on armour and ignore evasion rating.
Last edited by SuperMotte on Nov 21, 2015, 8:57:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info