Afraid of the new Ascendancy Classes

I feel like im taking crazy pills with people being afraid of these new subclasses. My initial thought was that they would be opening up a whole new level of diversity with being able to experiment with different build possibilities.

First thing i want to do is make a melee summoner witch-Necromancer, with maxxed out Zombies and the passive that will grant me 1% mit per zombie i have. Mix this with fort and AA and itll be tanky. Also befitting from the passive that my offering spells also effect me. Here i come perma 30% aps/30% more block as a witch!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sidorasek wrote:
Pain Forged - 8% Block chance when hit in the last 4 sec/ +35% increased damage if you took no damage.[..]
39/54 Block chance (69/75 with Rumi's, with a chance of keeping up 75/75 if we do get hit).

Painforged grants 8% Increased Block Chance; 69 * 1.08 = 74.52, rounds to 74.
It's a more notable difference when looking at values sans Rumi's :P (42 vs. 47)

Also interesting: it'll stack additively with Belt of the Deceiver.

With stave passives from lioneye's you get 75/75 easily.
Why so serious?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Quit referring to the characters as "class A" and you'll get over this change. Builds were pretty much independent of character before this change and now they're not. Doesn't change the number of builds in the game at all.

What are you talking about??I only said class A because otherwise id have to type out every class name.

It may not change the amount of possible builds in the game but it will change the ones that are worth using.

What these changes mean is that there will be a select few builds for each class that can take advantage of their new passives fully.

An example of this would be the new ranger frenzy charges passives, if you are using a ranger you will have to include frenzy charges in your build or be suboptimal.

Now lets look at it from the other way round lets say you want to make the exact same frenzy charges build but with a shadow you still can, but if you do you will be weaker than the ranger version because you don't get to use the new frenzy passives.

Believe it or not i like these changes, but it in no way increases build diversity as the difference between what uses the new passives best and what does not is much greater than now where all classes have access to the same passives.

In a final caveat to all this I acknowledge that I'm basing this on incomplete information and it might not turn out like this, maybe for example we can choose from all the new passive "specs" regardless of class in some way.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:
An example of this would be the new ranger frenzy charges passives, if you are using a ranger you will have to include frenzy charges in your build or be suboptimal.

Or you don't grab these particular Frenzy Charge passives and be fine anyways because you get other stupid-powerful stuff such as +1 Chain? :/ Just because they exist, doesn't mean you have to grab them. You can only spend six Passives, in only one Ascendancy Class; you can't get everything.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 21, 2015, 3:15:05 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

Or you don't grab these particular Frenzy Charge passives and be fine anyways because you get other stupid-powerful stuff such as +1 Chain? :/ Just because they exist, doesn't mean you have to grab them. You can only spend six Passives, in only one Ascendancy Class; you can't get everything.

The Deadeye Ranger tree looks awesome! I will either go Fast and deadly/Richochet 10IAS/30IPS/30IPD +1chain or I can reach both Richochet + Endless Munitions for a Chain+1 + additional arrow which is easily the power of another link.

This is utter crap and i don't like the new "system". Such system does not have place in poe.

- No more class diversity.
- No more freedom to play what you like, what you want.
- No more maraduer with dual wands or witch with heavy armor.

Why poe is going WoW like gameplay ?

This will be worst ever decision poe dev's can make.

Dev's! Good job of dumping down poe for noobs. Good job!
Playing POE since 0.9.0
Last edited by Metalica24 on Nov 21, 2015, 3:31:25 PM
"
Metalica24 wrote:

This is utter crap and i don't like the new "system". Such system does not have place in poe.

No more class diversity? I didn't have much before, now it does! It sounds like your issue could be fixed if they added character skins for micro.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Nov 21, 2015, 3:36:53 PM
"
Metalica24 wrote:

You! Good job assuming the worse and overreacting! Good job!

now think a bit more plz.
If different classes cannot provide special features for certain builds, whats the point having them in the game? Why not delete them all except Scion?
Finally, GGG has realized this problem now and tried to make some differences.
If you wanted to build a necromancer you'd usually go for a Witch, sometimes Templar or Scion but usually a Witch, and even if you went for a Templar or Scion you'd have a 99% same char that just looks different, that's no diversity except on the very surface. So, as usual, not much will actually change on the game side except for some extra power creep.

It's a bit different on the player side. For a long time we've been advising newcomers to ignore 'classes' and pick whatever is near to the path they wish to take and looks best. It will just be a bit harder to pick now but I suppose we will still have options, for instance we see support for crit casters in both Shadow and Templar subclasses.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info