Afraid of the new Ascendancy Classes

"
Lorginir wrote:

If other subclasstrees are weaker that they are useless. If they are even more OP than game even more broken.

Beeing balanced isn´t a option for you right?

Then you would have nothing to cry about...
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Nov 21, 2015, 6:09:27 AM
I don't see that's a prblm, take an example, when you make a "maurauder caster" it's still not as good as a witch unless you go IW or even RF, and vice versa. There's not much diversity here unless you don't want to min/maxing your build but just have some fun. With new subclass system, you still can build a trapper using a ranger instead of shadow, it's not gonna be as good as a shadow but is that really anything different than current version?

Last edited by TravisL on Nov 21, 2015, 6:13:25 AM
"
TravisL wrote:
I don't see that's a prblm, take an example, when you make a "maurauder caster" it's still not as good as a witch unless you go IW or even RF, and vice versa. There's not much diversity here unless you don't want to min/maxing your build but just have some fun. With new subclass system, you still can build a trapper using a ranger instead of shadow, it's not gonna be as good as a shadow but is that really anything different than current version?

Yes, of course it's different.

In current version doing a specific build as one class may be a bit more efficient than doing the same build as another class. But you still have access to every single passive node, notable or keystone as either class. In Ascendancy, this is no longer the case. Want to do a summoner? Witch has "summoner" ascendancy nodes, other classes don't.

"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
TravisL wrote:

In current version doing a specific build as one class may be a bit more efficient than doing the same build as another class. But you still have access to every single passive node, notable or keystone as either class. In Ascendancy, this is no longer the case. Want to do a summoner? Witch has "summoner" ascendancy nodes, other classes don't.

Yes of course its different, class is meaningfull now.

For your example "Summoner":

At the moment its pointless to make a Shadow, Marauder or Duelist Sommoner. All you do is wasting points on starting nodes that don´t benefit your build.

In the end even IF you make a Duelist summoner it wil lbe like 95% the same as a witch sommoner in the current system, you just wasted some points, nothing else.

In the NEW system you could actually make a meaningfull Duelist Sommoner with the Champion Asecendency tree that gives you buffs for nearby allies and constant Fortify.

Maybe its still not as good as a new Witch summoner but at least its meaningfull and not just wasting points and making 95% the same build as 5 different classes.

Btw: Samething for Trappers: It might be really good to make a trapper as Templar to get the "ignores Elemental Resistance" node in the Ascend Tree.

Shadow could also do crit Trapper choosing the Assassin Tree instead of the Saboteur.

And i´ll bet there will be something for Witch and Ranger that would benefit PA/Puncture Traps comming.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Nov 21, 2015, 7:56:22 AM
"
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
TravisL wrote:

Yes of course its different, class is meaningfull now.

For your example "Summoner":

At the moment its pointless to make a Shadow, Marauder or Duelist Sommoner. All you do is wasting points on starting nodes that don´t benefit your build.

In the end even IF you make a Duelist summoner it wil lbe like 95% the same as a witch sommoner in the current system, you just wasted some points, nothing else.

In the NEW system you could actually make a meaningfull Duelist Sommoner with the Champion Asecendency tree that gives you buffs for nearby allies and constant Fortify.

Maybe its still not as good as a new Witch summoner but at least its meaningfull and not just wasting points and making 95% the same build as 5 different classes.

Btw: Samething for Trappers: It might be really good to make a trapper as Templar to get the "ignores Elemental Resistance" node in the Ascend Tree.

Shadow could also do crit Trapper choosing the Assassin Tree instead of the Saboteur.

And i´ll bet there will be something for Witch and Ranger that would benefit PA/Puncture Traps comming.
How dare you be optimistic, can't you see the world is ending here.
This is the best most interesting addition in the game since the release of open beta.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
this node should be in the skill tree buyable for special skill points, rechable for every class but located near the class its related to the most.

Thats what POE is all about. Pick a class, wear whatever you want, use every skill u want. I'm not a fan of class restrictions.
Last edited by Austronaut on Nov 21, 2015, 9:36:21 AM
"
DoomCarpace wrote:

I agree poor Scions, all classes but her get three sub classes to choose from. She only has one sub class. I would love for GGG to add two more sub classes for her. That is unless she has the ability to choose a sub class from another class since she sits in the center of the tree. I highly doubt that they will do such a thing.

The Scion already has three sub-classes: the shadow on Fridays, the marauder every other Wednesday, and the duelist has her on speed dial. The templar is the only class that isn't her sub, but whether that is because he doesn't like thigh high boots or whether he is too frugal to pay 200 alts an hour, no one knows.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
The different characters should never have been referred to as 'classes'. There was very little to classify them. I think the new sub-trees are a great idea. Poorly implemented... far too powerful... but a great idea.

GGG is all about carrot-stick-carrot-stick. They make the game hard, then act all "we're the good guys" and give us stuff to trivialize it. Then they make it too hard, and have another opportunity to play the good guys. The game will be too easy for a while, and they'll add something to restore the difficulty.

That doesn't work for long. Each time they add new content to restore the difficulty, they lose 95% of their game with the only content that matters being that 5% they add to restore difficulty. The rest of the game simply becomes a chore to plod through.

My real hope for the game is that after they add this stuff, they work on an entire re-balancing of the whole game... perhaps while adding act V, or expanding act IV. Dumping Cruel difficulty would be a good start.
"
kendoka wrote:
Players are amazing: we have no clue on what the remaining sub classes are, we have no idea on the future balance changes, and yet everyone is already crying about the game being broken, no build diversity, daed gaem etc...

Why don't we just get on the hype train and wait until we can try everything before deciding whether it's a good or bad expansion?
Yes, please do that. Most people here are being nearly as bad as warframe people were about new saryn.
Last edited by Aklyon on Nov 21, 2015, 11:32:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info