100, why not?... My slow and lonely way to the finish.

"
niuage wrote:
Hey, have you heard of Path of Maps? I launched this website recently, and I think it would help you track your progress easily (you can track map drops, master encounters, level ups, valuable item drops, notes etc, with just a few commands).

In any case, good luck for your journey :)

Yes, I've seen it since the first day you posted, but I can not change my methodology halfway and also the tool is not yet sufficiently fluid. If I really need depth statistics I would use but I do not need them.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I'm a bit confused by your approach. You run a lot of low level maps which will be providing very little xp. While I think there's a reasonable argument to run the highest you can clear incredibly quickly versus the absolute highest you have, I just wonder if you'll burn out in a few thousand maps time, at which point you may well be 'only' level 95-96.
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
niuage wrote:
Hey, have you heard of Path of Maps? I launched this website recently, and I think it would help you track your progress easily (you can track map drops, master encounters, level ups, valuable item drops, notes etc, with just a few commands).

In any case, good luck for your journey :)

Yes, I've seen it since the first day you posted, but I can not change my methodology halfway and also the tool is not yet sufficiently fluid. If I really need depth statistics I would use but I do not need them.

Ok cool :)

What's your methodology right now? Are you talking about posting your stuff on this thread, or do you have something else? Maybe I could learn from it.

What do you mean by "not fluid"? As far as I know, you're mostly just tracking the map drops, and that would make it easier imo (shift + s to start a map instead of taking a screenshot, and shift + d to record a drop, done). I would also be great for people who want to follow your progress.
Also, you're 94 right? Considering you're still going to have to run thousands of maps (wild guess), I don't think it's too late to switch. Just my 2 cents ;)
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Dec 1, 2015, 6:23:10 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
I'm a bit confused by your approach. You run a lot of low level maps which will be providing very little xp. While I think there's a reasonable argument to run the highest you can clear incredibly quickly versus the absolute highest you have, I just wonder if you'll burn out in a few thousand maps time, at which point you may well be 'only' level 95-96.

Many of the maps that I run are low level because I don't have other higher-level, or sometimes I have them but they are not to my taste (maps that I hate o with bad roll). If it is a map of more or less high level and I get a bad roll I don't always have chaos to try another roll and the map goes to the "waiting list". I would love to run always maps middle and high level but that is the reality of a person who does not trade and does not play with others, and also have the silly idea of not running ALL maps that I drop by simple matter of tastes.
And I'm not complaining, it's just a personal choice...

"
niuage wrote:
Ok cool :)

What's your methodology right now? Are you talking about posting your stuff on this thread, or do you have something else? Maybe I could learn from it.

What do you mean by "not fluid"? As far as I know, you're mostly just tracking the map drops, and that would make it easier imo (shift + s to start a map instead of taking a screenshot, and shift + d to record a drop, done). I would also be great for people who want to follow your progress.
Also, you're 94 right? Considering you're still going to have to run thousands of maps (wild guess), I don't think it's too late to switch. Just my 2 cents ;)

Ok, but how I can post here the results?
That is the "not fluid" part. Your system is excellent but lacks that detail (if you have already implemented I beg you to forgive me). The data are not for me. I do not need to know how many maps I have run or how many days I've taken on a level. Those who reached level 100 (at least I've never read in this forum something similar) they have never discussed how long it took them, or how many maps they made, eg. Anuhart have (if I remember correctly) 3 or 4 characters level 100 but if you have not seen his stream you do not know anything...
We know that the "top" takes 2 weeks to reach level 100... I think that was required a normal person, with a lot of limitations doing this and so everyone know how long it takes.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Fair enough! If you're not interested in knowing how many maps it took or stats about your journey, no reason to use it :)
I, for one, would be very interested in having a rough estimate of how many maps and time it took a regular player to achieve this! Because that's so rare. It's mostly people who play a lot AND know the game very well AND have good support that achieve lvl 100. And they do it really fast, chaining T13+ maps I would imagine. I think a lot of people would be interested in knowing what it takes for a normal player to achieve lvl 100.
But I mean you're doing some tracking on your own in this thread, so at least we'll have that :)
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
hey this is the best idea ever. for my (probably last) shot at reaching hc 90 I'm gonna do a similar daily report blog thingy thread

btw, whatever that mu online is... entropia online is an mmo with waaaayyyyyyyy slower pace. one of the beginner's (!) missions is to kill 10000 Monsters! no joke

and I played another mmo (which I'm not gonna mention since I was unfairly banned for life after donating over 1000$) where every other day, you have finished doing the same input of 1200 turns (with a lot of clicks between to change gear etc.) and the you START FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN (with one skill more on your char than you had before). I did that over 300 times. and I LOVED it. I played almost every day for 3 years straight, some days up to 8 hours with my 3 chars. when I was banned from it was like my entire life was empty and every other online game I'm playing now is just me trying to fill that unimaginable void

so that makes your mu whatever a joke.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 10:03:18 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
hey this is the best idea ever. for my (probably last) shot at reaching hc 90 I'm gonna do a similar daily report blog thingy thread

btw, whatever that mu online is... entropia online is an mmo with waaaayyyyyyyy slower pace. one of the beginner's (!) missions is to kill 10000 Monsters! no joke

and I played another mmo (which I'm not gonna mention since I was unfairly banned for life after donating over 1000$) where every other day, you have finished doing the same input of 1200 turns (with a lot of clicks between to change gear etc.) and the you START FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN (with one skill more on your char than you had before). I did that over 300 times. and I LOVED it. I played almost every day for 3 years straight, some days up to 8 hours with my 3 chars. when I was banned from it was like my entire life was empty and every other online game I'm playing now is just me trying to fill that unimaginable void

so that makes your mu whatever a joke.

Hahaha I don't think so... Maybe Mu online is not the most slow game, but is boring as hell. I was not lying when I said that it is easier to fall asleep at the keyboard. Mu Online is the only game that I know where it is more convenient to stay still in one place, throwing one skill for hours. Imagine playing that shit some years...

Anyway, Day 6 comments:

Oh fucking yeah... another death. The truth I still can not explain what happend. It was a Gorge, nothing complicated. Suddenly I see a text that says Corrupting Bl... and I died in less than a second without the slightest possibility of reaction. I should be paying for all the times I said Corrupting Blood was not a problem in other topics with people claiming... The funny thing is that just after the Gorge I ran a Plateau with Blood Magic and 40% less life and mana recovery. Within this map I found another Corrupting blood and I had no problem. That's what puzzles me. It was far more likely to die in Plateau because the monsters are of highest level and I had much less regeneration... I only hit upon to classify it as another stupid death by imbalances typical of PoE.

Level 94 and 2%

Was it vulnerability? I find that if i 1 shot a corrupting bloodlines pack that it takes less than 2 seconds to instantly drain 5000 life.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Was it vulnerability? I find that if i 1 shot a corrupting bloodlines pack that it takes less than 2 seconds to instantly drain 5000 life.

Nonono, this was the map, super simple

There was not even a nearby totem.
DAY 7:

Spoiler

Lvl 94 --> 6%

Last edited by Actkqk on Dec 3, 2015, 9:13:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info