[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@ Trombae
Yeah thats indeed a bit of a problem. But most situations require you to run - cast - run - cast anyways, and your mana can recharge in those run periods.
I recently also upgraded my gear a bit because there were too many situations where I couldnt cast. As of right now I have 305/1222 Mana (with Anger and HoT active) and 55 mana regen per second. A firestorm costs me 106 Mana. With these stats it works quiet well
Alrighty, hit lvl 88, but I feel like its getting pretty tough now as deaths can occure quiet easily if Im not fully focussed. Plus I still lack a lot of experience for certain boss fights etc. The 10% XP penalty really hurts a lot.
Currently Im just trying to clear as many map goals as possible. If by any chance my XP bar rises above 40$ the plan is to grind easy maps (volcano mb) and get that level up.
Ultimately I want to go as far as this build (elementalist version) can take me.
But right now Im not sure how to progress. My gear seems to be pretty optimal. You can check out my Char here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ChinCha123/characters
5.1k life, 770 ES

I have a bunch of questions, maybe some ppl can help out.

1) Armour does not really help us anymore, right? Eg the +3000 armour flask.
My current 6L has 278 armour, 97 ES, 71 Life some res and mana
I also have another one with 599 armour, only 48 ES, 125 life, 40$ increased stun and block recovery but no res and mana. Which one would you prefer?

2) Enchantments. My boot and gloves enchantments seem okish, at least they do something. However on the helmet, I was unlucky so far. The only way to get a decent enchant is to grind the lab over and over again and hope for the best, right?

3) When facing tough bosses, its probably better to cast my curses manually, as HoT wont be up anyways, or?

4) Im thinking about swapping Anger, for a more defensive Aura. Maybe even make it situational. For instance, I found the phoenix map. Would it make sense to switch to purity of fire?

5) Does chaos Golem have a big impact on survivability?
Last edited by ChinCha123 on Mar 19, 2017, 1:10:50 PM
Just wondering, do I level up all skill gems as much as possible or do I stop leveling certain gems after a while? If so, at what level do I stop leveling which skill gems?
Hey, I grabbed a second Scourge before logging off this evening, so I haven't tested it, but other then the second flat 70% damage increase, is there pros and cons to using two Scourges instead of one with Cybil's Paw? Thanks a lot, the Necro Firestormer is an awesome build and really enjoying it this league.
Last edited by Seraphiczero on Mar 22, 2017, 10:14:38 PM
I've been following this build its my first play through of the game I'm really enjoying it currently on maps 4 and an indepth guide like this help me get started playing without feeling overwhelmed. . I haven't quite figured out why we take so many str points in the passive tree it's starting to feel like a waste what am i missing?
Montre gul is nice yes, but not for our build. We need more zombies to block more attacks, and get more aggro going. If you want, you can use it, but I personally wouldn't want to swap out any of the weapons we use now.

ChinCha123,
1). I don't find Armor viable in the current meta, as it requires a hefty investment for it to work. Just the flask won't do much.
2). If you are using a rare helmet, try to find a white helmet with the right enchantment. If you are using kitava's, I wouldn't be worried about your helmet enchantment :)
3). You could, but I find it too much work to swap out curses just for a boss. We can do without easily(elementist, necromancer has Blasphemy).
4). For phoenix, no. This build isn't made to tank blows from a boss like the guardians. If you want to do those with this build, you need to dodge their hits. IF anything would help you, it would be haste, as it increases your mobility(see what I wrote about cast speed in the first post). Purity of Fire could be useful if you are using the Wise Oak, for that extra penetration. But other then that, I wouldn't use it as an defensive option vs a guardian.
5). Only versus certain bosses(and if you get hit by melee mobs often, but I doubt that's the case for you). I like to run chaos vs uber Izaro for example, as it allow me to survive most(unbuffed)slams. I'd always use the lightning golem though, again due to the increased cast speed.

Arodes: Unless stated differently, feel free level gems to max level. You could chose to leave some CwDT setups at a lower level(15 or so), but that's up to you. I personally just level them to the max :)

Seraphiczero: A second Scourge is really suboptimal. The Scourge is strong as it gives us the minion damage from other sources to us. So one Scourge, gives us around 235% increased damage. The second one, only gives us 70% increased damage. Which is... well, not much, compared to other weapons. The cybil's paw alone can give us easily over 100% spell damage(100% spell damage when we have 60% block, 120% when we have 75% block), so that one would be better then getting a second Scourge.

Hdream: We need 155 Strenght to use a level 20 warlords mark. Besides that, strength gives us flat life as well(Int gives us mana/ES, but as we are life based, the bonus from strength is more useful to us). So it's really not a useless stat.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Awesome, thanks PewPewPew for the reply. I'll switch back to the Paw!
SO I just got scourge, and I'm absolutely loving this build!!! Although, besides the 6 link chest piece, I feel as though my damage is lacking a lot. Can anyone offer some advice?

I feel as though I still run into a problem with certain mobs...like the ones that shoot projectiles on death. I know my energy shield isn't super beefed yet, but still. I'm having issues on T6 and I feel like I should be able to hit T8

Edit: I literally crafted a 6-link Infernal mantle after posting this. Lol

Last edited by Socos on Mar 24, 2017, 3:05:18 AM
(Sorry if this question being asked before, the search function is not very good for this forum.)

When should I use the Blasphemy with Warlord's Mark and Enfeeble? I'm currently level 55 with 700 mana, enabled both curses with only left me with 210 mana (because of the 2x35% reservation)

BTW, enjoying this build very much, never have stand-still facetank Izaro in normal lab before :)

Hello everyone,
First off i'm kind of a newb (i had a 80+ char last league and that's it)
I accidentally ended up in SSF (lol yes i literally didn't pay attention while creating) but i decided to stick with it. The drops are pretty impressive so far, i haven't nearly as lucky with the last char i played.
That being said, i was going for the 4keystone spectre summoner by Ghazzy, like the last league. But then i realized (yes, noob mistake) that certain summoner gear items necessary for that build might never fall into my hands. Now, ghazzy's build uses firestorm + searing bond for lvling till act 3 cruel where we transform into summoner and get spectres from the lunaris temple.

and this is how i ended up here. since i wasn't sure i should be following the summoner build, i started looking for alternatives given what i've already got. I did put some points into elemental damage to aid with the firestorm to level. Also, i found a Nycta's Lantern, and then a tabula rasa. it so happens the gems used in the 6L for the summon spectre are very similar to what you use for the firestorm build. at lvl 54, act 3 cruel i'm torn. i could still try to go for summoner, knowing i might not be able to get the +spectre items i won't be optimal. or i could potentially respec a lot (most if not all) points to go from my current skill tree to the firestorm build. i got the gems and ran for a couple of hours, and it's pretty fun.

here's where i am now
Passive skill tree build
as you can see, a part of the skill tree is the same, except in the beginning and what follows next.
i have all my respec points + 4 regrets.
here's my current gear:
Spoiler

i would GREATLY appreciate any help/advice with what i should do next with my build.. i'm not fixated on getting the spetres, i wouldn't mind switching to being an elementalist, or doing a hybrid or something. i've simply never played elementalists (always picked eitherfull on summoners or paladins in all AARPGs)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info