[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Thanks for the time it took to make this guide, and ive been following it on my first real character.

You stated a different skill tree for the scourge weapon, but the link seems wonky too me. Can you clear up what differences it is?

"
It's also possible to get a Scourge as your weapon. I would recommend a slightly different tree then, to fully optimize the damage bonus the Scourge gives. My personal preference is the Scourge with either a shield, or another melee weapon(Dark Seer, Divinarius, Doriyani's Catalyst, etc). But a rare weapon, with a rare shield can be just as good, if not, possibly even better.
This build can run everything up to T15. I haven't tested Guardians often, but if you understand the mechanics behind them, it should be possible(Proper use of the skelly totem will be key), but it does require you to fully understand the mechanics behind the bosses.

If the build feels to fall off during T11/12 maps, two things can help. Flat level of your gems or quality(zombies become really tanky once they are all 20), your positioning in battle(don't rush in when the mods are hard. Understand the minion AI, and let them do the tanking), or your items are just not up to par(Make sure to have a good life pool(aim for at least 4.8K), going partly life/es will only mean you can easily die in one hit, once your shield is down).

And I updated the link, thanks for letting me know :)
The big difference is in the top side, with the scourge, you want to pick up more minion damage nodes, as they increase your damage as well. So a little more focus on minion damage there.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Appels_Zijn_Gezond

Big thanks for great build, i just 3 days ago started my first char (legacy legue)
and on map 3 and higest feel like glass

my char: emementalist, level 72

i deal many damage, but not survive when enemy hit me
read this forum and wiki i cant find answer, so Appels_Zijn_Gezond and another skilled players pls answer to few question:

---------------------

1. i not undestand what active skill better on this build
in manual say gem Herald of Thunder, but on manual section "End game setup"
we dont use this gem. Plz add screenshot you active skill

now i use: walk only (left mouse key) | raise zombie | firestorm (main dps) + summon skeletons | flame dash | summon flame golem | convocation | waldord mark

2.i dont have more gamecutter prism, so my gems level 15-19, but no quality
i have more defence when use gamecutter on support gem ?

3. Plz make screenshot offence and defence tab, manual dont say what value good to start farm map

4. i have 2x Cybil's Paw Thresher Claw + Kitava's Thirst, its good to emementalist too or better reroll to Necromancer ?

5. and last, i dont have many chaos orb to buy 6link armor, so i use 5linked 6socket armor

Spell Echo-Elemental Focus-Fire Penetration-Firestorm-Controlled Destruction and unlinked
faster casting . its normal, or better use another sequence ?

Sorry for 5 question, but its game not easy to beginners players
Last edited by powergreen on Mar 12, 2017, 8:02:07 PM
@powergreen

I think I can answer at least 2 of those questions after trying out the build myself.

1. Convocation and Warlord's mark are not supposed to be actives. Convocation should be linked to "Cast when Damage Taken support" so every time you take a certain amount of dmg convocation will auto cast to get your minions back. Warlord's mark works with Curse on Hit and Herald of Thunder, so each time your Herald of Thunder starts hitting enemies, it will proc Warlord's mark (so it is also an auto cast, not an active).
You activate Herald of Thunder once to get the skill going but that is it since it is a continuous skill.

4. From what I read, the build works when you have the 6 link armor and the uniques, so you're missing the 6 link. The build does have more sustain and might be better to work on rerolling, but it's probably safer to do it if you can get a good 6 link armor (considering you're having a hard time).
I would still wait for the OP's answer tho.

5. You probably want innervate or Fast casting instead of elemental focus. I Like Innervate a lot because it procs often and it gives movement speed. But faster caster is always active. Get that DPS up.

@Appels_Zijn_Gezond

I was wondering if dual wielding weapons to get more dmg would be viable (maybe get 1 resistance on each to compensate for the lack of shield).
hey man,
i just wanted to thank you real quick for that build. I started playing POE with your build in the last month of breach and beat my first T11 map before the league ended. I am now a little bit frustrated that I did not try the necromancer version, cause I was worried about getting the required gear. Turned it, that wouldve not been a problem. You cant change the ascendency class, right?
I especially want to point out, that it was really great that you took the time to compile those poe.trade links for near perfect endgame gear. That helps so much!

Anyways, I have three questions as im again closing in on T10+ maps

1) I decided to go with pendulum of destruction, since Im greedy for that sweet DMG. Since Ive never been past T11 maps, I was wondering how often you encounter random reflect monsters. Does this happen often? So far I just avoid maps with reflect mod and seem to be good. But I made sure to keep enough refund points, just in case.

2) Whats the strategy for skill gem quality? Unfortunately gemcutter orbs are pretty expensive, and I so far only collected like 16 on my own. First I guess maxing firestorm makes sense. Than? Raise Zombie? Can you name maybe 4-5 most important skills for quality?

3) I also upgraded to a 6 link and went with controlled destruction. It lowered my tool tip crit chance from 10 to 5%. I than decided to buy a ring which increases global crit chance by 27% but the tool tip crit chance still remained at 5%. So it does not work I guess? Do I need to explicitly have "increased crit chance on spells" or something?

Again, thanks for the guide. Really enjoying it. Only two downsides are that the trials of ascendency in maps are pretty annoying with the minions running around on screen and triggering the sound effects of traps and firestorm also makes the situation pretty confusing.
Second, Vorici quests can be reeeaally annoying. I recommend to invite him to the HO as soon as possible for the daily missions and also have some lower level non-AOE spell ready.
On the same note, if you want to improve the guide for beginners, you should even more emphasize the importance of anti-bleeding flasks. I died so many times until I finally realized what was going on
Last edited by ChinCha123 on Mar 13, 2017, 8:21:12 PM
@ShadowErrant

Big thanks for answer, but 6link armor cost ultra much i dont have 50c or more to this

and i think if i have 6link i deal more dps, but dont more defence.
my unlinked gem faster casting support

--------------------------------------------------------

about necromancer:

i use only two point, so can reroll
if people say its build more safe

but i dont see in second post manual active skill

plz anyone with necromancer variant make screenshot you active skill and offence/defence tab

Last edited by powergreen on Mar 13, 2017, 10:05:40 PM
Good Buil thx.
Just a quick question for OP or other people playing the build. Which skill gems are the best for using my gemcutter prisms on? Since I play SSF there is no point in keeping them for trading, so I wanted to know how to get the best out of the few GCPs that I am getting.
Quick question, my firestorm gem is 18 but it only costs 97 mana.

My support gems are:

Spell Echo 17
Innervate 17
Area of Effect 17
Fire Penn 17
Controlled D 16,

Got a question of my own: I'm level 82 at the moment, and everything is going fine up to tier 9 maps - still don't have the scourge. Today I tried my first tier 10, which was Malformation. I lasted half a second against that piety skill. I know my damage will improve with the scourge, but I can't see any way of not getting obliterated in that map - my minions also all died instantly.
Am I missing something here or is that map really impossible to do?
Chris Wilson took my soul
Last edited by DanutMS on Mar 16, 2017, 10:56:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info