[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

There are several people asking about how to get 20% quality on gems when you don't have a lot of Gemcutter's Prisms. There is a vendor recipe you should be aware of:

Edit: flasks don't make Gemcutter's Prisms so let's just pretend I didn't say that.

A level 20 gem and a Gemcutter's Prism sold to the vendor makes a 20% quality level 1 version of that gem. As you may have found out by now, it should be easier to level a gem from 1 to 20 than it is to collect 20 Gemcutter's Prisms - especially if you want to 20% quality more than 1 gem.
Last edited by evilsofa on Mar 16, 2017, 9:31:57 PM
hey, Im running the elementalist version so I dont know if the necromancer is supposed to tank that skill (probably not) but for me the only option was to dodge it. Pay close attention to when she starts to fire, than run away in a small circle. Bring a quicksilver flask. It enables you to easily run away from the beam and even allows you to stop once or twice in order to cast a firestorm. Minions will die for sure
@powergreen Don't worry about the questions :)
1). Herald of Thunder is a buff, for the elementist build of the tree. You are confusing the necromancer with the elementist post. The necromancer does not need Herald of Thunder, as he won't be able to trigger it.

Check this picture in the first post to see the links :)

2). In general, quality on gems gives us more damage. If you want more defenses, your best bet is to get some quality on your raise zombies, as that will make them faster and tankier.

3). I really don't think numbers say anything about the capability of running maps or not. But here are the offence and defence tabs on my elementist. And here on my necromancer.

4). Cybils are fine on the elementist. Kitava's not, as we won't need to trigger things in our helmet. A +2 minion level helm with good stats is better.

5). That's fine. You can play around with faster casting in your setup as well, see what you like best.

@ShadowErrant On the elmentist, I wouldn't, as we'd already have plenty of damage there. I just think a shield with good life and res is better then a bit more damage.

@ChinCha123 Glad you are enjoying the build :)
1). Random reflect monsters should not kill you, ever. Reflect map mods at the other side will. Don't worry though, you'd be fine even without paragon of calamity :)

2). Firestorm and Riase zombies have my priority. After that, anything else is fine to use Quality on.

3). Global Crit should have effect on your crit chance. My guess is that it increases by too little to really matter(so it might go from 5.0 to 5.3 or something)

There are many things I want to put in the guide, as so many things are important to know. But there's only so much room >.<(10.000 character limit.. and let's be honest, the guide is already a huge wall of text haha)

@Linw3 Firestorm and Riase zombies have my priority. After that, anything else is fine to use Quality on.

@MightyZaino That is because you use Innervate, instread of Faster Casting. Innervate only has 110% mana multiplier, while Faster casting has 120%. Especially for the necromancer, Innervate is not a good option, as we won't have any reliable way to shock enemies(Only the elementist will shock with the firestorm!). If you are playing with the elementist however, don't worry about the helmet. A +2 minion helmet is far better then Kitava's :)

@DanutMS Out of all the T10 maps, Malformation is by far the hardest. There's only a few things that can really survive her beam of death. So that's one boss you have to do without your minions.

Here's a quick strategy: Stay away from her while she's casting normal balls. Summon your skeleton totem, somewhere, so you've got at lesat a bit of shields going on. And most important: Stay on the move, so you won't get stuck inside one of the balls.
Once she starts channeling, Run in circles close around her, occasionally casting your firestorm. This boss is designed to kill everything that is stationary. Minions won't last, but that shouldn't be an issue, as none of her attacks are impossible to dodge(Unless you are playing her with multiple projectiles. Don't)

I made a quick vid on how you could defeat the boss.

The other T10s are far easier. See if you can get your hands on a terrace map, or if you want a bit of a challenge, Courtyard or Colonade.

@evilsofa Actually, 40% of total flasks quality gives you a glassblower's flask. The only way to get Gemcutters from a vendor is by selling 40% worth of gem quality to a vendor.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 16, 2017, 6:39:14 AM
@Appels_Zijn_Gezond

Ty! You answer help me fix some mistaces
more detalied i write to PM

but my profile dps on 74 level only 68, you >2000k
i think its important too
Last edited by powergreen on Mar 16, 2017, 9:43:46 AM
@ChinCha123: Thanks for the answer, was really helpful. I thought there was no way to run away from the beam, as it was freakingly fast as I played. I guess it was just me getting a lag spike at the wrong moment then, and the following animation playing faster than normal - watching the video posted by Appels_Zijn_Gezond it wasn't as fast. With a quicksilver flask, it seems possible to do - though I probably need to get myself The Scourge first, since with my current damage I'll end up without quicksilver charges before killing that thing.

@Appels_Zijn_Gezond: Thanks for the answer, and for the video. It helped a lot to understand the mechanics. As this is the first time I get this far in the game, I really had no idea how that worked. That was my first T10 map ever, and lasting so little got me scared. I'll try to get the other ones first, then, and come back to that one when I'm kicking more asses.
BTW, haven't said it in the other post cause I was tired and moody, but thanks for the build also. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and it helped me get quite far in this league already (as stated, it's the first time I get to that map tier, and this is the third league I play in). So thanks for that :)
Chris Wilson took my soul
@DanutMS: Honestly, I think you ran piety with either Onslaught active, or with boss turbo / Turbo mods on. Don't forget, map mods make everything so much harder. Piety is one of the hardest T10 maps, because so many mods can make her absolutely lethal.

Here's an example of a... very sped up boss.

Keep running more maps, and learn how map mods influence the mobs and bosses. PoE can be immensely unforgiving if you don't know what you are doing. But keep at it. You'll get the hang of it, I'm sure of that :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi, you don't talk about Mon'tregul's Grasp ?
?

It seems to fit perfectly with this build :
- Zombies become super tanky (17k pv for me)
- 40% increased Elemental Damage
- Ennemies explode, dealing fire damage (20% of their total life i believe)

I just picked Gravepact in passive skill tree to have 4 (8/2) zombies, and it works very well, zombies dont die, and their decreased number isnt really a problem.

my 2 cents...

PS : btw, great guide, well written and explained
Last edited by LB_akko on Mar 17, 2017, 4:29:51 AM
If I have anger and herald on at the same time, wouldn't I have too little mana to continously cast my firestorm? I seem to be running out of my mana after a few seconds of firestorm.
"
LB_akko wrote:
Hi, you don't talk about Mon'tregul's Grasp ?
?

It seems to fit perfectly with this build :
- Zombies become super tanky (17k pv for me)
- 40% increased Elemental Damage
- Ennemies explode, dealing fire damage (20% of their total life i believe)

I just picked Gravepact in passive skill tree to have 4 (8/2) zombies, and it works very well, zombies dont die, and their decreased number isnt really a problem.

my 2 cents...

PS : btw, great guide, well written and explained

Got dropped yesterday, I believe I did sold it already. To me is easy less zombies = more projectiles that will eventually hit me. But as usual, each one has his tastes/priorities to shape the build to his/her own way.
"

@DanutMS Out of all the T10 maps, Malformation is by far the hardest. There's only a few things that can really survive her beam of death. So that's one boss you have to do without your minions.

Here's a quick strategy: Stay away from her while she's casting normal balls. Summon your skeleton totem, somewhere, so you've got at lesat a bit of shields going on. And most important: Stay on the move, so you won't get stuck inside one of the balls.
Once she starts channeling, Run in circles close around her, occasionally casting your firestorm. This boss is designed to kill everything that is stationary. Minions won't last, but that shouldn't be an issue, as none of her attacks are impossible to dodge(Unless you are playing her with multiple projectiles. Don't)

I made a quick vid on how you could defeat the boss.

The other T10s are far easier. See if you can get your hands on a terrace map, or if you want a bit of a challenge, Courtyard or Colonade.

@evilsofa Actually, 40% of total flasks quality gives you a glassblower's flask. The only way to get Gemcutters from a vendor is by selling 40% worth of gem quality to a vendor.

I'm wondering, would temporal chains make her channeling/spinning slower? If positive, I would consider swtiching enfeeble for t.chains on that encounter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info