[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@Pewpepew: I see a lot of people running elemental focus and I wonder... doesn't it's downside completely negate the effect of Shaper of Desolation (elemental conflux)? Do people that play with elemental focus just respec their ascendancy points out of SoD? Or maybe I am missunderstanding some mechanics.

@The guy above me: Check if your Curse on Hit gem is equal or higher level than the gems connected to it. If it is lower level, your HoT will not apply curses.

EDIT:Thanks for the corrections and answer, enjoying this build a lot!
Last edited by Linw3 on Mar 31, 2017, 10:08:55 PM
@DanutMS: First off: When you can't rely on your zombies, this is where the skelly totem comes in play. Unlike Zombies, skeletons do not get recalled when you get hit, so they are very useful to hold aggro. Remember, the most effective way to play this build is by moving a lot in between casts. The Vault was a tough cookie for me to crack, the first time I tried it. But it's very doable if you get the hang of it :)

As for your questions..
1). Controlled destruction is far superior in terms of damage, but don't forget we don't need to deal max damage. We need to deal enough damage to kill white + blue packs, and the occasional yellow. Especially when you have everything leveled to 19/20, Increased Area of Effect is just fine for doing so. And as it covers a larger size, this is just fine.

- Even though the nerfs to Area of Effect, makes controlled destruction attractive to use instead. I'll be sure to test what's more effective now. For now, you can play with whatever you feel more comfortable with :)

2). Honestly, I'd swap out atziri's for a silver flask. It's a good flask, but onslaught makes it so that you clear faster in general, and have an easier time to dodge.

3). First thing that comes to mind: Soul Finger ring has an open slot for life. You could master craft life on it. And should your ammy have room for str? Str gives also a little bit of life so.. :)
You could try to get a better belt, with more res on it, so you could get cheaper rings, with less res, but more life. But your gear seems fine overall really :)

4). Don't call yourself stupid! Getting to Red maps is a feat in itself. It shows understanding of the game to a certain degree! So go you!

@Errtu_1: Actually, what Linw3 said isn't entirely correct: your curses should go off regardless of the level of your Curse on Hit(even though try to have it as high as possible!).

Apart from that, you need to understand that Herald of Thunder has two different components. You have the lightning damage that is added to your skills, second, there's an activation that deals damage in hits around you. Your curses will be applied through that second part, the lightning that comes down around you.

If you have those four linked together, it should work just fine :)

@Linw3: Keep in mind that the guide supports two different builds now: One is the elementist version, the other is the necromancer version.

You are right about the elementist version: that version should not run Elemental focus. The necromancer however, can not shock, thus not activate herald of thunder anyways. So for them, elemental focus is a perfect pickup, more damage without losing much(the ignites of firestorm is too weak to really matter).
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hello sir!

Im new and started the game in 2.6 and i first found this build becouse i like the style and spells very much. I followed everything you wrote the skills, the items all. You posted a pic before with 5k hp and 900 armor and decent res's.

i have lower gears probably but still around 4k life, 0 armor, 1,5k ES and over 100% res's. maybe i am wrong about something, maybe just too low yet. i am level 83 and get wrecked in level 8 rare maps. i do fine anyway but in rares sometimes i got some real hard times. some rouge exiles leap on me and i cant do anything but die in 1 sec. i have some currency now and i can buy the upgrade for myself but dunno what aim to buy +armor or more life i can only buy around 3-400 life with some gear i already have around 100 life on each of my gear.

Maybe i only need some technic and fell good to farm blue maps but i thought i could faceroll some harder contents with it . Can you help me a bit? Thanks :)
Last edited by Mtul on Mar 31, 2017, 12:08:43 PM
Just need better gear man.
Thanks for the response, in your video you post of uber izaro, what is the second aura you are running? the blue one?
Hi

Im playing SSF sc with this Build an start Tier 8 maps at the Moment. I collected the Items for atziri ans could Run her. My question is what items should i need for her and what Life / es should i have at least? (Fist time atziri so im Not familiar with the Thrill and might die xD)

This is my current gear ans tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/walez/characters

Name ist nonovava

THX!
Last edited by walez on Apr 4, 2017, 7:09:32 AM
I am having a blast with this build [no pun intended]
Although I am A4 Cruel, but I have huge problems with dex requirements [I get some Str from tree later]
Gear:
Spoiler

Also is this weapon good for this build?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Hi guys,

A little problem I am facing right now is mana consumption. I have about 167 mana left after 2 spells using up the main reserve (anger + HOT) and the firestorm mp consumption cost like 147. For the most part of the fight it is okay because the mana regen + warlord's mark will somehow get me through (just hit merciless A1) but I had problems at boss fight because I'm trying to cast firestorm, totems, reviving my zombies and bosses can't have warlord's mark on them so it is difficult for me to get my rotation going if my mana can't keep up.

TLDR: How to deal with mana consumption when I only have 167 (after reserve) and firestorm cost 147. Knowing that in a few more levels, firestorm will probably cost more than 167 and it will render me useless.

Thanks!

Edit: Where do I slot the second golem upon finishing 2nd lab run? I have followed your item guide and its already maxed out! Where would I slot the 2nd golem?
Last edited by aquasnow on Apr 6, 2017, 1:22:06 PM
"
aquasnow wrote:
Hi guys,

A little problem I am facing right now is mana consumption. I have about 167 mana left after 2 spells using up the main reserve (anger + HOT) and the firestorm mp consumption cost like 147. For the most part of the fight it is okay because the mana regen + warlord's mark will somehow get me through (just hit merciless A1) but I had problems at boss fight because I'm trying to cast firestorm, totems, reviving my zombies and bosses can't have warlord's mark on them so it is difficult for me to get my rotation going if my mana can't keep up.

TLDR: How to deal with mana consumption when I only have 167 (after reserve) and firestorm cost 147. Knowing that in a few more levels, firestorm will probably cost more than 167 and it will render me useless.

Thanks!

Edit: Where do I slot the second golem upon finishing 2nd lab run? I have followed your item guide and its already maxed out! Where would I slot the 2nd golem?

Can you make your character tab public? It's under account settings.

Do you have anything linked to Anger? Linking it to certain gems causes for its mana reserve % to increase, decreasing your mana pool to spend. You can turn off Anger or HOT if there's no mobs spawning to proc off of during boss fights. Is your firestorm on a 6 link (tabula rosa)? A crude solution is swapping out Increased AOE support gem for a Mana Leech support gem during boss fights. Increased duration will sustain damage output while your mana refills on slow/stationary bosses. Are you updating your mana flasks? You can buy a unique mana flask, for a chaos or less, that effectively gives infinite mana for 7 seconds.

If you are truly following the guide, you should have enough slots for the second golem. Golems don't have to be linked to anything, so your pool of cheap and available equips is vast.

Experienced players, please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

"
CottonSwabs wrote:
"
aquasnow wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Can you make your character tab public? It's under account settings.

Do you have anything linked to Anger? Linking it to certain gems causes for its mana reserve % to increase, decreasing your mana pool to spend. You can turn off Anger or HOT if there's no mobs spawning to proc off of during boss fights. Is your firestorm on a 6 link (tabula rosa)? A crude solution is swapping out Increased AOE support gem for a Mana Leech support gem during boss fights. Increased duration will sustain damage output while your mana refills on slow/stationary bosses. Are you updating your mana flasks? You can buy a unique mana flask, for a chaos or less, that effectively gives infinite mana for 7 seconds.

If you are truly following the guide, you should have enough slots for the second golem. Golems don't have to be linked to anything, so your pool of cheap and available equips is vast.

Experienced players, please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Thank you so much for a reply! I was thinking that no one would reply anymore and I was facing such a character crisis.

1. Anger is standalone and not linked to anything. I basically followed pewpew's equip guide to like almost 100%. It's with my wand which is red-blue (for skelly and totem) and red stand alone socket (for anger). Only buff I have which is linked is HoT and its only linked to warlord's mark and curse on hit support, I will be slotting in temporal chains in once i get whisper of doom node in about 2 levels. Which made me realize that my mana pool is already so miserable, how am I gonna be able to insert another curse because it will make my HoT cost more mana right?

2. I have a unique flask which gives me 7 seconds of free casting but the weird thing is that, I never experienced the free casting every time I use the mana flask. My friend told me is because my mana pool is so small that once I press the mana, it brought my mana to full and it cancelled out the free casting period of 7 seconds. I'm not sure if you get what I meant. My entire mana pool is 648 and after casting my 2 buffs i'm only left with 158 I think. So using that flask one time will fill up 158 pretty quickly, rendering the free 7 seconds useless.

3. Even in his equipment guide he did not slot in the 2nd golem. Let's review one by one
head - raise zombie + 3 other support minion gem
gloves - Hot + warlord mark + curse on hit (left with 1 green slot waiting for temporal chain)
wand - anger standalone + totem and summon skelly
shield - summon flame golem + flame dash + faster casting support. (The only way I could summon my lightning golem was to remove the faster casting support and slot it in here. His equipment guide did not suggest this.)
boots - bone offering + convocation + immortal call + cast when damage taken support.
armor - firestorm + innvervate + increased aoe + fire penetration + concentrated effect + spell echo

That is all. I am doing quite okay right now at Merc A2 because one of my friend is very gracious to me by giving me a unique wand which has a mod that gives me back mana on monsters hit. So I don't really have a problem with mana regen now. The only problem is that my mana pool is so little that I am worried that as my firestorm gem level, it is gonna cost more than 150 mana to cast and it will be impossible for me to even cast a single firestorm no matter how fast is my regen.

Sorry for any grammatical error or anything... just woke up and excited to reply because there is someone out there to read my woes.

Thanks again! Anyone else who is reading this please also chime in to help. This is my first character I have ever got it into Merc act and there is so much for me to learn I'm overwhelmed at times.

Sorry for the wall of text.

P.S: I'll try to make my character public but I play through steam and this account is bind to GGG directly I think. I'd have to login through steam and post another reply here to link it to my main character if it is necessary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info