[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
Updated the mapping section, everything up to T9 is (almost)complete, filled in the difficulty for many of the higher maps I've done.

As always - If you don't fully agree with my rating, suggestions are welcome :)

Having done a large set of the maps, I personally disagree with a few of them (although the difference in difficulty might be due to the few changes made).

T6 - Ramparts, while it is challenging, i've yet to receive any deaths here by just spamming firestorm. I'm using the increased aoe support gem here to take out everything at once rather than focusing on the mage. I've also had several occasions where the melee blackguard would engage while the wizard would stay behind doing nothing, resulting in a quick and easy kill on them, seeing the wizard doesnt look to be casting the thorns buff on herself.

Would probably rate it a 6 or 7 (it offers the same type of challenges as the Racecourse reflect boss does).

T7 - Pier map, the boss has very little health, while the hammers deal a bit of damage, his healthpool vanishes with the concentrated effect. Avoiding his attacks is rather simple with all your zombies / skeletons distracting him, meaning he'll die in a matter of seconds. Would rate it a 5 or 6.

T8 - Cemetry Map, the archer is a huge PITA, even kiting and trying to focus him down melts your zombies / skeletons very fast due to his aoe arrow attack. One hit from those takes all my ES (1200 ES) and about 75 % of my health (about 3500 dmg on my 5k healthpool). You can't afford getting hit by this twice (or atleast, i can't). No skeletons / zombies also means you're target to this aoe attack more often. Would rate this an 8.

I can't comment on anything above these yet due to not having the luck of finding the maps.
Of course, this is just a personal opinion based on my setup / gear... your mileage may vary.
@lacal: Hm, no you should get it when you can, since it also gives us some valuable resistances. Strange, must have overlooked it. Fixed it now, thanks for letting me know!

@SG_Sabrac: Thanks!

I'll be honest, I've done Ramparts twice, and I died the first time instantly(it was two bosses, so most likely double thorned), and the second time I had a few close calls. I was a tad lower though, haven't tried the map ever since. Should revisit the map :)

The main reason why I rated Pier so high is because of the lab elements. I'm not too keen about those, even though it's easy to get through once you get the hang of it - and the little space you're forced to fight him in also makes things a tad harder. But maybe 7 is a little bit too high yes. Curious about the opinion of others on this one!

I think the Cemetery is fine the way it is now. I actually done that map loads of times, and it only gets easier. Yes, the archer hits hard, but his attack speed is very slow, just like the rest. And they barely ever focus you if you have anything up: as long as you stay at range, you'll be fine.

Again, thanks, this is very helpful :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Also, the tankier version has it's own topic now.

I'll keep tweaking her as I learn more about her, So it's definately now the final version. BUt you get a good idea of what to expect I guess :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
@Iggii00: Basically what Crazydude123 says: as long as you don't have any problems, don't worry too much about it. Although I usually start looking for good rings and amulets to get my resistance capped, Late act 2/Early act 3 merc.
I wouldn't use jewelers and fusings just yet btw, as you want to have loads of those when you do find that perfect armor. But chromes are just fine. I don't think Iron Will will do a lot for you btw, my bet is that increased duration will help more in the longer run(beter vs bosses etc)

I only had Iron Will due to the fact I couldn't buy the Increased Duration Gem myself (I did finally get it though with the help of some one else).

So far I'm just breezing through acts. Just started Act 3 and about the only thing that I have difficulty with are extremely fast bug like creatures, I forget the names, but they basically dart around and shoot out spines on top of me. I have no way to stun them or keep them in one spot, so it's mostly just a matter of attrition. It's also very rarely that I ever come across them and it's usually only in corrupted areas or possibly from the frozen enemy packs.

Ty for the advice though, I'll be keeping a look out for good jewelry, mine is pretty lackluster aside from the +life and mediocre resist. I'm almost lvl 68 now and I think I just found my new addiction. I'm still learning things along the way, but so far thanks to this build I'm having a blast.
One question about an item Pew. I am following your build (thank you for that btw) and yesterday I found "The Consuming Dark" with good rolls (58% damage)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Consuming_Dark

But I am unsure if it is a viable weapon to use. I would put flame golem in there with faster casting and anger so I could get use of the +1 to fire skills.
But converting 30% of our fire to chaos that poisons... : I am guessing it will mean lesser dps or is it negligible?
"
Try to get the Decree of Inferno Enchant, as it adds a big amount of damage to the build

Good find, you aren't kidding! Any particular reason you suggest getting Decree of Inferno over Commandment of Inferno? Isn't Commandment just more damage? Here's what I ended up getting:

I don't have all the fire nodes yet so my Firestorm damage isn't amazing, but it is still 37K damage with Elemental Overload. Perhaps with its 10 second cooldown you could argue it adds 3.7K dps?

Last edited by midtown on Sep 16, 2016, 1:49:22 AM
"
midtown wrote:
"
Try to get the Decree of Inferno Enchant, as it adds a big amount of damage to the build

Good find, you aren't kidding! Any particular reason you suggest getting Decree of Inferno over Commandment of Inferno? Isn't Commandment just more damage? Here's what I ended up getting:

I don't have all the fire nodes yet so my Firestorm damage isn't amazing, but it is still 37K damage with Elemental Overload. Perhaps with its 10 second cooldown you could argue it adds 3.7K dps?

Can I see your gear? Thanks man! I'm already level 79 and my firestorm tooltip is less than 1.5k 😕
I just droped Heretic's Veil Deicide Mask and I'm not sure if it fits in this build? Or which gems to change to make it fit?
Last edited by Apticer on Sep 16, 2016, 6:05:06 AM
Help!

I think I've jumped too far ahead of where I should be in terms of gems for my point in the skill tree- https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lacal/characters

This is my first play through and I went on a bit of a poetrading spree last night at lvl 50, picking up the gems I didnt have and items to put them in.

Now I can see that Cast When Damage taken wont be doing anything until it levels up, my question is more around the Curse on hit, until I hit the skill tree part for curses are they even doing anything on my gear bar leveling?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by lacal on Sep 16, 2016, 6:11:48 AM
Your curse on hit should fire off 1 curse already. The second curse fires when you get the 'Whispers of Doom' node in the top left corner of the skill tree.

Cast when Damage Taken should already be triggering immortal call for you. Convocation is lvl 50 and your CWDT is lvl 46 so you should level your CWDT some more. I stopped leveling my CWDT when it was at gem lvl 9.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info