[2.4]PewPewPews other Firestorm Build!

[INSERT VERY AWESOME IMAGE]

Introduction to my "other" Firestorm build.
If you found this topic, chances are, you've already seen my first guide. This guide is another version of that guide. It's aiming to be tankier, while keeping a good clear speed. I'm trying to get it suitable for Hardcore as well.

Right now, I am extremely lazy, and do not feel like writing up a detailed guide. So here is a quick summary of how the build works:

What's necessary?
- 6 linked body armor (Yes, this guide isn't for beginners as a 5 Link won't work :D)
- This Helm

- And one or two of these(Best Vaal enchant = extra block):

The Gem setup!
Body armour: Firestorm - Spell Echo - Fire Penetration - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction
Helmet: Bone Offering - Desecrate - Any Curse(I went with warlords for ease of play) - Increased Duration
Boots/Gloves: Raise Zombie - Minion life - Minions resistance - Minion speed
Other links: Enfeeble - Blasphemy
Other links: Convocation - Cast when Damage Taken(Max level)
Other Links: Summon Skeletons - Spell totem
One links: Arctic Armour - Summon Flame Golem - Clarity - Flame Dash

Tree!
Ascendancy: Necromancer
Tree: Clicky(You can skip Deep thoughts for a jewel slot, but I just find it nice to have).
Bandits: Kill them all or Oak/Kill/Kill

Leveling
15P - 30p - 45p - 60p - 74p - 92p

Current Gear!

Video's!
Vs Double Merveil: Youtube
Vs Uber Izaro: Youtube
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Nov 27, 2016, 9:42:16 AM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 9:45:16 AM
Should I reserve? I guess?

Reserved!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Care to share more character stats? Dmg, defences.

Why go dual wield instead of shield and max block.
Is kitava reliable, is offering 100% up?
Arent you lacking cast speed?
You like them zombies, dont you?
Why go for both duration nodes, how long is your firestorm (stats plox)

Im lacking dmg on simmilar build, what do you recommend?
- Sure! Here are the defensive and offensive stats, buffed and unbuffed.
- Well, because I want to go with This weapon, to get that little bit more deeps and tankiness(Wolfs :D)
- Kitava is very reliable. Our bone offering has a duration of at least 8.43 seconds(one corpse, more corpses is more duration, and you summon always at least 5) - and we can spam firestorm as much as we want thanks to Clarity(and warlords mark, but just clarity is good enough)
- I'm fast enough to do Atziri(Once I get all the pieces, I'll try uber as well)and Uber Izaro, so I'd say no, I'm fine atm. But more cast speed is never a bad idea. I might tweak the tree a bit to see if we can get a few more nodes without losing too much.
- Well, they are a very cheap, but very strong defensive option. Especially with the necromancer tree. They give us 8%(going up to 10 if you get the boots and +1 zombies on your bodyarm)physical damage reduction. And they protect me from almost any ranged mobs, tank high damage bosses for me.. Seriously, I don't understand why so few (caster)builds are using them at the moment. They make a world of difference in doing any content :)
- Because more duration helps tremendously vs hard bosses, like Atziri, or Izaro. And it allows us to one shot Atziri's Vaal. Which is fun. Right now, my firestorm last for 4.4 seconds.

And... your tree is the problem. Refund 7 points and get Heart of Flame, for the extra pen and damage. Those nodes will do a lot for you.
I am a nice guy.
Thanks for answers

-This weapon does seem interesting... didn't heard of it before, and with 90%inc just because I'm necromancer... hmm need to think about this one. Do update when you can come to some conclusions.

-Sadly tried and Kitava is out of question for me, since I'm dead set on ED, and it doesn't work with es.

-Damn you are just as fast as I am (I'm 3,5 with corpses destroyed buff from desecrate), with little to no (16% yours to 41% mine which is a lot on tree) investment from tree , AND Kitava's equipped, did I miss something?

-As to zombies, you're probably right, I just don't like minions, I'm using golem out of necessity, not for minor buff.
In your case I think you are over investing, unless This weapon can pay for itself.

-
"
my firestorm last for 4.4 seconds.
Again, what the hell I'm clocking 4,76 sec with no second duration node on tree, I must be missing something.

"
And... your tree is the problem. Refund 7 points and get Heart of Flame, for the extra pen and damage. Those nodes will do a lot for you.

Little summary of my tree:
152% lief + 3 jewels ending up to ~170% (trying to do high tier maps)
313% dakka from various sources (tree only) (83% spell, 54% ele, 126% fire, 50% area)
with eq ending up like so: Le Link
With all things considered, could you please suggest, in your opinion, which nodes can be respec'ed, because I cant see any. Nodes you suggest give 3% fire pen in comparison to other damage nodes.

Edit: Its the gems, damn didnt even think you arent using inc duration. Please elaborate the choice.
Edit2: try buying some anger essences on rings, little(with enough RNG) investment for quite a buff.
Last edited by MrokPandy on Sep 19, 2016, 4:16:22 PM
Hey man any suggestions on making this build stronger? Here is my gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darqnyght/characters
Just an idea:

With 120% duration, Warlord's mark and Kitava that you're already using, you could put immortal call there.

With 4 charges and IC lvl 19, you will have a 3.32s imunity to physical damage, with a cooldown of 3s (and you can easily have 5 EC, oak + templar, for 3,96 duration).

Although where it would be most useful, would be the less effective: Bosses. 0,88s out of every 3s you would be immune to phys even without charges. (29% of the time).

I was reliant to use three dragons (other than as a leveling boost) as when you used it, because the lack of life, but physical immunity it's a good pay off for Kitavas. I'm really tempted, when I can save enough for a rumi's I'll start this build.
Last edited by Visca on Sep 23, 2016, 7:17:15 PM
Playing necromancer I can tell you that you dont need 100% up with immortal call while clearing, and as you said there is no source for charges in boss fights, in which it would be usefull. So overall good idea but not with some other charge generation.
And in case of bosses it may be opportunistic to have 1/3 upkeep hoping to block heavy hit, but I think standard cwdt setup is better as it doesnt take space in your kitava's, and you need to be able to take one hit anyway.

It is an idea for some other build though.

PS: You dont need rumis, get a shield, templar block nodes and an lawzhar and you should be golden, though there are better ways to go with it. You can check my char for some reference.
31 bone offering + 30 shield + 5 teplar nodes + 3 tempest shield 69 is good enough if you ask me, and you dont rely on flask charges
Last edited by MrokPandy on Sep 24, 2016, 9:01:02 AM
Basically, I don't use increased duration since it's only good for harder bosses. And for those fights, it's more important to have mobility over sustained damage(hence why I run the faster casting support). I tested this vs Atziri, and inc duration does give us much more damage output(it's fun killing the vaal bosses, before they can go back underground), it also leaves me really fragile during the atziri fight. Proper play will get you through it, but with faster casting linked instead, the fight is so much easier. And I don't think increased duration will outdamage any of the other gems.

If you are really lacking damage, and need that bit of pen, the nodes at the shadow start(Coordination/trickery)will give you seven points to spend. Either that or the life cluster at the templar side(Tireless)gives you 5 points. More damage, but 20% reduced life. - But at this point, do you really need more damage?
I am a nice guy.
Ok i see your point, and I do agree, my gamestyle is just different, on hard bosses I swap echo to faster casting for more fluid play.

But this ambiguity made me do some math! (based on my ingame stats)

-Faster casting 28% less dmg than spell echo (18% if we count penalty), with 0,42sec "standing" time
-Spell echo base line dmg, 0,6sec "standing" time
-Both spell echo and faster casting 22% more damage with 0,5sec "standing" time

AS we can see having both is inferior in mobility than Faster casting alone with "more" damage support. But spell echo is a 60% more dps support if paired with faster casting with only slightly reduced mobility, which is significantly better than any other support.

Now to adress Inc duration case:
3,5 sec duration base
4,78 sec duration with inc duration support making that equal to 36% more sustained damage so is in fact inferior to new damage supports in pure damage, but without drawbacks. (gem is at 0% quality which adds more duration so damage might be more comparable to other damage supports)

To conclude, both "speed" supports setup is optimal setup for mobility (but is not the fastest), while for damage inc duration, or "more" damage support is preferable.
I will play some with controlled destruction and see if elemental overload is proc'cing often enough, since this setup will allow me to easily swap for faster casting for bosses, and party members will thank me for 27% less firestorms while clearing ;)

And to answer your suggestion, reducing HP is out of question, in fact Im thinking of expanding it a little more because some bosses (wtf gorge) hit hard, and block while great with fast attacks, do shit about hard hits (78% of one-hundred percent reliable). (5400 hp, 1100 es EB MoM and fortify on movement with cherry on top in shape of Horror armour, for reference, still afraid of big hits)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info