Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
Pacemaker007 wrote:
Your curse on hit should fire off 1 curse already. The second curse fires when you get the 'Whispers of Doom' node in the top left corner of the skill tree.

Cast when Damage Taken should already be triggering immortal call for you. Convocation is lvl 50 and your CWDT is lvl 46 so you should level your CWDT some more. I stopped leveling my CWDT when it was at gem lvl 9.

Cheers for the reply - anyway to tell in game when a curse is active? I would guess its firing off warlords mark, but it would be good to see confirmation :)

Yeah I only started lvling the CWDT last night, didn't realise I'd got it high enough to trigger immortal call, I guess I'm just not used to what visual effects are for what yet!
Hmmm would adding spell totem viable for more safety?
similar to spell totem fireblast.
thx
Don't we prefer increased spell duration gem instead of controlled destruction on a 6 link ?
@Pacemaker007: Don't worry, the conversion happens after all the damage add ons, you won't lose any damage by equipping the consuming dark :)

@midtown: That's the one we should get nowadays yes haha :) Fixed it!

@Apticer: We aren't really aura focused, so we don't have much mana reserved. Even with the 12% additional mana reserved, two curses still take more mana then Herald of Thunder. Plus, HoT has slightly more range then a level 22 blasphemy(the difference is slight, but still important). Plus, you'd lose a lot of tankiness on your minions.

@lacal: Pacemaker already explained everything you need to know about the curses. As for the CwDT setup: You can sell your Convocation with an orb of scouring to the vendor to reduce the level of your Convocation By 1. That should bring it in line with your CwDT setup :)
You can recognize the curses by a mark over the enemy's head. Warlords mark is an orange mark, while Enfeeble a green mark.

@Y_A_K_U_Z_A: It would need way too much investment to get it to work. You could drop zombies to get those, but then you won't have your meatshields AND lose your life leech, so mapmods like Chaining and Multiple projectiles, or even onslaught mobs/bosses, will be way harder to deal with.

@tamir124: Do you mean increased duration? Both are fine really. Controlled destruction gives us more direct damage, while increased duration will give us more overall damage to stronger enemies.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
As for the CwDT setup: You can sell your Convocation with an orb of scouring to the vendor to reduce the level of your Convocation By 1. That should bring it in line with your CwDT setup :)

Ha nice! I've been doing a LOT of POE reading over the last week while at work and first I've came across that, smashing advice!
So far, I'm loving this guide, just beat the labyrinth on normal! (died a bunch of times to the traps since it's my first time ever playing this game)

One question: in the guide, it mentions shaper of desolation triggers every 10 seconds. I looked it up, and apparently it changed in 2.4, and now cycles over 14 second period? Maybe that part of the guide should be updated. Also, does the shocking conflux still have a 100% uptime as it describes in the guide?

Also, when should I be getting more optimal gear? I'm still struggling with getting gear that has the correct gem slots, and I'm kinda just looking for fitting gear and using some orbs of transmuation/alteration on it. It's working so far, any advice on when I need to get better gear? I don't want to spend a lot of time on poe.trade when I have to switch the gear out the next day anyway.
@Phasair: You are absolutely right. When the patchnotes first came out, they said it would be every ten seconds. But they changed it to 14. Fixed it, thanks for pointing this out!
And it's still possible to have a complete uptime of Herald, even with the extended timers. I say there are six seconds where we can shock the enemy, and while that isn't wrong, it's not entirely right either. We actually have 4 seconds to shock, and another 2 to shock, as shaper of desolation cycles like this: 4 seconds of Chilling Conflux, 4 seconds of shocking conflux, 4 seconds of igniting conflux, and 2 seconds of elemental conflux. During both the shocking and elemental conflux, we can apply shocks. So there are two gaps of 4 seconds where we won't be able to shock. So even with the extended timers, it's still very possible to have a complete upkeep of Herald of Thunder :)

I personally only buy gear when I'm about to go mapping. As you'll gain levels, you'll find your zombies being more and more reliable(starting early cruel). During the latter half of cruel, where the monster damage really start to hurt, you can just hide behind your minions and fire from a distance. I'd recommend getting good cold resistance before heading into merveil merciless(60%+)and lightning resistance when you head into act 3. Once you've done merci dominus, you should be ready enough to get some end game gearings :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Do you have a video against Atziri? I had a hard time on the 2nd boss map. And eventually died against Atziri lol. Pr any tips on how to deal with it?
Yes, I actually have one. I'm surprised I never put it in the vid list.

[http://plays.tv/video/56fed3713092d6283b/firestorm-vs-atziri]Here is is[/url]. The ending is missing for some reason, but there's enough footage to get a good understanding how to do Atziri(although I made a few silly mistakes but eh).

Basically, for the trio fight, you want to take down the ranged one first. She stands still a lot, and is really easy to nuke down. Then you want to take down the dude that sets himself on fire, since he will have a nasty damage reflect aura in his third form(and we can't deal with that). The cycloner is last. And he will rip through your zombies. That's were the summon skeletons come in handy: as long as you have the totem up and you stay at a good distance, he won't target you.

Atziri requires practice. Her main form is the easiest, as the attacks are relatively slow. Her split form is the hardest part. Make sure you have concentrated effect, to take down one of them asap(make sure you don't target the mirror holder as she will reflect the damage). The flameblast is the biggest problem, as it can deal up to 80% of your life in a single hit. Just remember that she can not chain her flameblast over and over. All you need to do is, cast one or two times, and then move. Either that, or again have your skelly totem up, as she often wants to cast her flameblast on them instead. Besides that, you just need to repeat these steps over and over.

GL :)
I am a nice guy.
how beat normal malachai with fire spells only?
what other elemental gems can i progress?
arc?
i need fast progress

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info