[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

What tooltip DPS do you have ?
Mine is 880, unbuffed in town, and that seems extremely low
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Sep 10, 2016, 5:38:44 AM
What's your level and gear? I currently stand at 1.6k unbuffed in town at Level 86 when using Concentrated Effect and a bit over 1k when using Inc AoE. You can check my profile for gear ("LupusAndHisFieryRain").

Also @Apples, I've managed to acquire a 6l and am now running Increased Duration as suggested, as I don't like the reduced crit chance from Controlled Destruction. However, so far I found it pretty underwhelming in terms of damage, especially when using with Concentrated Effect. I was thinking about switching to Inc Critical Strikes to proc the HoT more consistently, as the Mana Leech from Warlord's Mark is pretty important to me, what do you think about that?
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
"
What's your level and gear?

Take a look @ "FlatIsJustice". Rebuilt her to this build.
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Sep 10, 2016, 8:29:07 AM
Hey PewPew,

Thanks for the amazing guide, I'm having a lot of fun with this build and I'm new to PoE as we.

A couple of questions:

1. For single target boss fights I switch out Increased AoE and Innvervate and swap in a Conc. Effect and controlled destruction, hope this is a good move. Refer #2 for the general farming Firstorm link.

2. For leveling and general mob farming I have a 5link setup with Firestorm-IncreasedAoE-SpellEcho-FirePen-Innervate. I like the faster movement and cast speed from Innvervate and the buff still procs quite often for me. Any changes or suggestions to this?

3. I've seen the gem level question for CWDT-IC-Convocation being asked a few times here, is it okay to level them to max or is there a set gem level for each of them?

4. I used to run a Culling Strike gem with my Fire Golem before I got my Lightning Golem via Liege of Primordial, is there anyway I could possibly sneak in a culling strike. I've got all the other gem link setup.

Again, thank you for such a guide and to GGG for an amazing game!

Cheers,
Pyrodancer
Essence Standard (cuz im a scrub)
I was planning on doing a similar build, but with necro instead of elementalist.

Differences:

- Wearing 2x Cybil's paws and a Rumi's for max block (+240% spell damage). Corrupt Cybil's at super end-game.
- Bone offering being better for zombies survivability.
- Temporal chains on hit gloves with decree of spite enchant (chilled ground). Gives survivability to you/zombies and harder to leave the zone were fireballs are falling.
- No increased area from tree. Just swaping conc. effect/inc. AOE.
- No crit oriented (Controlled Destruction support) so Elemental Overload, and without elemental conflux no shock.
- MAYBE Fortify, being a ranged caster often would discard it, but 11.36 seconds duration of fortify... is something I might can handle. Frost Blades + Fortify + Inc. Duration.
- MAYBE Mind Over Mater, to have a bigger life pool.
- MAYBE Warlord's mark as second curse, better survivability for zombies and a must in case of MoM. If not MoM boots enchants should be enough.
- MAYBE the essence rings that give minions speed, depending on price/resis
- MAYBE Inspired Learning. A build with duration nodes and minions looks perfect, but the points...

I see you're playing already a similar necro on essence as well, so lets go for the questions:

- Why no vaal skill? I don't see a "perfect" match but still, looks like a waste of potential.
- Why only 1 cybil's? You're even DW already.
- Why no stone of lawzhar? (or the boots or the jewels) how do you deal with reflect?
- Temporal chains on hit gloves (so no blasphemy) VS Enfeeble. Both are defensive options, but Enfeeble allows you to a smaller HP pool. What's your point of view on it?
- Area, I care more for the clean ability than the clean speed, but... will it be big enough to not become a problem the lack of area? will bosses move away too easily from the firestorm zone? zone too small to handle big packs? Do you see possible to run with just 40% increased area on trash and 25% less on bosses?
- How much necessary you think is shock? I see you're running Three dragons, but that's a "bad" helmet for end game (0 life). Are you planning on changing? what will you do with shocks? are you already shocking reliably (with innervate and according to Mark_GGG, chance to shock is calculated on every hit and not by cast, not like with crits). With Three dragons can you shock bosses or is just for trash clearing?
- The tree already picks 2 clusters of life/mana and pass close to Deep thoughs. The choice to go MoM or not is just for mana reserved, or is firestorm really that expensive??? (I see you're using a mana flask and only reserving from Clarity+AA).
- The main concern I had with this build was if zombies really would be in the front line. On some of your videos they do... and on others they miserably fail. How reliable you think they are?
- Any thoughts on the cheap headhunter jewels "Inspired Learning"? I first wanted to use this jewel, then searchinig a minion/duration build (that I do the killing) I found this and domination blow build... It's provably a biassed thought. Also it's not point wise (about 14 points used to make this jewel work and about half usefull for the build). Despite this buld is the perfect fit, it's provably just a fun and bad idea that tops at mid tier maps (24 free refund points, will provably try anyway).

Last edited by Visca on Sep 10, 2016, 1:12:12 PM
Hey,

So, I'm a casual player and I'm loving the look of this build and how detailed you get, but I was wondering if there is any incentive to start with a scion instead? Or if that could work well, how would you do it?

Any other tips you have for leveling as a first time witch (or similar) player would be great!

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Sorry for not responding ingame etc. Currently experiencing some health problems, so I can't really play as much as I want to(Been 89 for 2 days now Zzzz...). Also the reason why I haven't updated the leveling guide while I've done almost all low/medium maps now(78/125 I believe)(With the exception of the ones I've names, they are all perfectly doable). I'll try to answer your questions at least for now :)

--
@SG_Sabrac - Frostbomb only lowers cold resistance. Plus, since we are picking up plenty of duration nodes, it will take a long time to detonate. I wouldn't advice on getting it. High health regen... well It's just conc effect really. Swap it in, and I doubt anything could outregen it(Done extra boss health/enfeeble terrace boss with ease for example)
Skipping on the aura nodes isn't a biggy. We don't heavily invest in Aura's, but it's nice to have for the extra mana(good to have once you get a 6L)

@godhand456: It's my experiment yes. Right now, there are a few things I'm not satisfied with yet. But then again, I'm often just dashing into groups to test my survivability... so. Well you know.

@AkumaNoTsubasa: My Essence League necromancer Has 1397 in town(6L & 20/20 gems). My elementist Firestormer(the guide)has 2465 in town(again, 6L + 20/20)

But don't worry about the tooltip. Your actual damage is often far higher :) As long as you kill, it's fine ;)

@LupusImmortalis: Crit won't proc your HoT more often, as we barely have any lightning damage in the first place(the shocks shouldn't last long enough for HoT to trigger). But it's a viable option nevertheless. You could also get Both Faster Casting and Innervate - will be great if you want to clear even faster. Also helps getting you out of a tight spot, as casting firestorm won't lock you in place for too long.

@Elwinkle:
1). Yeah, helps against most bosses. I usually only swap out Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated Effect, since I can't be bothered to double swap my gems haha.
2). I think that's solid. It's what I prefer to run myself as well.
3). I recommend maxing it. We get a decent amount of leech(Curse, perhaps even from boots), so hitting that higher threshold isn't any problem. Higher level is a longer duration, so always better. Even with bad gears, you should at least have enough HP for it to trigger :)
4). Culling is especially good if you link a Increased Rarity Gem to it. If you can't, I personally wouldn't bother. If you plan to do so, you could consider dropping the skeleton totem(Although, I"m playing without one atm, and I really miss it haha)

@Visca: Aye, we have similar idea's on that level :) I really think it's going to be a strong viable hardcore character!
Though, the damage output is quite lower. Shouldn't matter too much as it's still enough to nuke down the highest regen combo's. Let's go over the questions!
- No vaal skill simply since I haven't found the one I want(Summon Skeletons). I've played mostly self found(with the exception of the 6L)when it comes to gems and gears. And even if I would have found one by now... I'm seriously having a shortage of slots atm. I wouldn't know what to swap out(been planning other links as well for a while now)
- Well, the final plan is to get the Scourge. I realized one Cybil's is enough to get enough LGoH and double wouldn't give me the damage output I am aiming for.
- I like enfeeble because sometimes damage is just not avoidable. But Temp chains on hit is good. I try to keep the guide accessable so that would be another reason for me to not steer players to CoH gloves. But it is a solid option. Both are fine in their own way, even though Enfeeble would probably fit better in the guide, as we have so much sustain(Phys damage reduction from the necro tree, insane LGoH).
- Well, thanks to the shock I can run Herald of Thunder. But even if you would run something else(like the gloves with CoH), don't forget that shocks also add a lot of damage. It's certainly not necessary, but it helps a lot during tougher bosses your minions can not tank for too long. Still testing though :)
And yes, 3D allows me to shock bosses, which is amazing!
- Right now, Firestorm is a little over 100 mana per cast. While I can easily sustain it with just warlords mark, curseproof, or even no ailment maps will make regen all the more important. to run as many mods as possible, I think this much is at least necessary. MoM is an option though, although I didn't really like it when I first tested it around early 70s(without AA, think I had a total of 60% reserved). Should look into it soon though.
- There are rarily any times when they aren't doing what I want them to do. The moments when they don't are the moments I couldn't cast anything(OOM/silence, easily countered by a warding flask ofc). But in general I haven't had any issue's with them derping around.
- Imo Not worth a jewel slot as well. I mean, I can see it work, but I rather have a nice rare jewel with extra life+Damage etc.

@BlackkDragon - I once started writing a step by step guide for new players. Ended up aborting it as it was a lot of work, and the game was about to change when I was working on it. Didn't feel like rewriting everything. Here it is. It might give you some tips :)
As for the scion... I would recommend against going with a scion. While it's possible, the ascendancy of a witch is just superior over that of the scions.

But if you want to try, I say go for it. This league, I played until lvl 75 without getting a single ascendancy point. And I was doing just fine :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
@AkumaNoTsubasa: My Essence League necromancer Has 1397 in town(6L & 20/20 gems). My elementist Firestormer(the guide)has 2465 in town(again, 6L + 20/20)

But don't worry about the tooltip. Your actual damage is often far higher :) As long as you kill, it's fine ;)

Yeah I know it's the DPS per firebolt and it kills, but not as fast as it should be. Well, hopefully I'll find a 6L, I guess the last gem makes a big difference too.

And get well soon!
HEy..thx for the build...i love it..but i have a question: how i run 2 curses? thx
"
nelutu wrote:
HEy..thx for the build...i love it..but i have a question: how i run 2 curses? thx

You get a passive node called 'Whispers of Doom', once you allocate points into that you can run 2 curses! You'll get there in your late 50's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info