[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Hey man,

I just want to thank you for the build, it's been working out awesome for me so far. I am merely a casual player, the highest map tier I've ever gotten to before the rework was like 10, and that was already stretching it. Now I breeze through T7 (looking to go higher soon but I'm poor) with what I'd consider not even really amazing gear. I have my Resistances overcapped by a lot though and have managed to get just shy of 5k Life and over 1k ES.

This is what I am running currently if anyone is interested:

Gear

Also, a question: Is a quality Firestorm worth it?

===================

"
Chillekinden wrote:
The CWDT setup doesn't work anymore. Immortal Call will still cast, but not Convocation. Just thought you should know. Otherwise great guide, super fun, super tanky while still being strong :D

Did you overlevel your Convocation?
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Sep 7, 2016, 5:46:15 PM
whats the good gem level for the CWDT links? Thanks!

Love the guide using it right now. Looking forward for my first ascendancy point to enjoy more the curse on hit set up.
I found an Essence Worm Unset Ring.

Is it worth using with this build?
And if so what aura should be in it?
Since we use Anger in this build without any support gems, I would give it a try to put it in the Unset Ring.
If it sucks you can change it any time.

____
Question:
How high is your displayed dps? I know the numbers are low. I just want to know what is possible.

My Gear:
Spoiler

Any idea how to improve the damageoutput?
Mana issues: are you cursing with Warlords mark? If you still are having issues, you could try clarity instead of Anger as well, but I don't really recommend that.

Flame Blast Vs Firestorm: The tree could be used for Flameblast, but Elementist is not going to be optimal(Necromancer is better imo). Also don't get the increased duration nodes, as FlameBlast doesn't have a duration. I wouldn't know what's stronger though, as I've never played Flameblast till high levels.

Read that Quay was fixed today, so I imagine the boss is more in line now. I haven't tried it yet, I will as soon as I get my hands on the map.

Quality adds (up to)20% increased fire damage. It's always worth having more damage!

As for the essence worm: You can put anger in the ring, and run HoT + Arctic Armour. Extra defences are always nice :)

Tooltip on my level 90 elementist: 3324 with an attack time of 0,35(unbuffed, got innervate). If you feel weak, get double wands for that extra spell damage, or craft cast speed on your shield. A 6 link will also increase your damage by a lot. You could also consider swapping out Faster Casting for Controlled Destruction, although that will leave you with a slower cast speed and less crit(for proccing Elemental Overload)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Sep 8, 2016, 8:20:51 AM
hows this build for hardcore? life looks kinda low but not too bad. i think i seen u mention u plan to link a hardcore version? that would be awesome. thank you for the great guide!
Hey man having a blast with your build :) Melts trough everything except reflect so far :D

Guessing from you nickname are you a fellow dutchman?
Still working on a few things to make the char a tad more tanky, before I release the build, so wait for that.

And yes, I'm dutch ;)

Also, the quay boss is perfectly doable now. I had to port back once since I ran out of pots, but other than that, it's not the toughest I've faced.

Close to doing all the T1 - T11s now, once I've done them all, I'll update the second post!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I've decided to use this build as my league starter and having tried it for a while, I'm absolutely loving it.

Around lvl 65-75 I was struggling a bit, probably due to a lack of gear, but right now it's absolutely wrecking things.

I mainly play the game together with a friend, so I did change a few things to accommodate the teamwork between the builds a bit more.

We're both playing ranged builds, so I've chosen not to use Convocation on the CWDT, seeing how the minion wall also keeps my friend alive. If the CWDT would trigger for me, I might end up getting him killed instead. As an alternative I went with Frost wall. This works great, ranged attacks won't reach me, I can still rain down death and destruction upon them all and my friends attacks (He uses a Frost Pulse build) still works with it too.

I'm also considering CWDT + Frostbomb, to counter the high health regen mobs rather than Immortal Call.

On the guide you've also went with Sovereignty for the reduced mana cost on aura's, but I much prefer Sanctity + Faith and Steel for the extra defensive stats.

I'm now close to reaching lvl 85 for the last bit of health nodes near the Scion tree, before moving on to tankier minions.

Really loving the build, my thanks!
i see the OP on his current essence character went necromancer instead of elementalist. is this the plan now for the build or are u just testing it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info