[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

my mistake, i thout it was only on lightning but after test.. it works well :)
I started new league with your build and long story short...fire everywhere :D

Now to be little serious, I have 2 questions.

First is on what lvl should I stop lvling CWDT combo? LvL 9, max or something different?

And second question - I m at lvl 55 and I took Elemental Overload node, but my cr.spell chance is 7.5%. Isn't that kind of to low to get some procs to trigger Ele. Overload? I was thinking to re spec 2 points (along with that int node) from it and invent it somewhere else.

Haste vs Anger: I'm not going to say that anger is straightforward better then Haste, I think both can work as both offer different things(Cast & Movementspeed vs Damage). Though... Haste does require a lot of dex. Something we won't get too much from the tree. If you can sustain the dex cost for haste, and prefer it over anger, go for it :)

@StumpyCRO - 1). Just level it to max. We get a lot of sustain, so the 3.2K damage threshold isn't all that much for us to reach.
2). It might seem low, but keep an eye on how often is actually triggers. Especially when you're mapping, you'll have it active most of the time!

--

So how are you guys doing in the new maps? Haven't reached too many maps yet, but most of them are actually surprisingly doable. How is your experience with the maps? :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I started this league thinking +50% fireball damage was gonna be king. Around level 65, comparing 5 link fireball with one 15% rolling flames and Firestorm in a 5 link, firestorm still seemed to be more consistent and out-perform.

I know there will be some end game Fireball builds, but it just isnt my cup of tea. Thanks for this build TS. You saved my Fire damage Elementalist :)
Been playing this to 40 so far in Essence HC, and having a lot of fun! I really appreciate the detailed strategy guide and explanations, and think you've found some really clever synergies and skill interactions in this build.

As far as leveling goes, I used Fireball + Added Lightning until lvl 12, where I swapped Fireball for Firestorm. At level 18 I added Controlled Destruction. This combo in a 3L +1 Fire Skills wand with flat fire damage to spells easily destroys everything until 38 when you can get Spell Echo and IAoE.

These were my first two leveling wands (not dual wielding, but in this order), super helpful:

While the spell damage doesn't hurt, the +1 Fire Gems + added fire spell damage to each firestorm projectile is really what bumps up the damage (plus the added lightning damage gem). Again, at 38 grab Spell Echo and IAoE and add to a cheap 4-5L, get a white one from a vendor, mobs, or trade (or a crappy blue/rare and scour), and use a nice essence to give life or a resistance you need.

Hopefully this can help others. Love everything so far!
Gear is getting better, into T3 maps now.

Got a wand thats almost tailored for this build, but it is less DPS...

Waiting until I hit the point where I need to use a single wand and get me a shield. Hope that time doesnt come anytime soon :(

I am thinking about putting Arc, Curse on Hit, Warlords Mark and Temp Chains in helmet. It procs quite a bit now that Firestorm is 6 linked and cost over 100 mana. I always have a full squad of skellies out. Putting curses on helm would make it so that I can run a high end clarity and put Fire/Life leach on wands to get more life.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 5, 2016, 9:24:04 AM
I've been running up to Tier 8 with just crappy gears(4 link max, 3.5K hp @ 82, no shield), and I'm still doing fine. I hear a lot of people complaining that maps are hard to deal with. And yes, some maps, I rather avoid. But I'm even marking Tier 7 maps as a no brainer for beginning firestormers Hah!

Happy to hear you guys are getting into maps without too much trouble, keep me updated!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Would you mind posting a good loot filter? I haven't really tried playing with one but I would like to try since I'll just now be starting the new league
I can confirm Neversink is just fine. I use a slightly altered version from Neversink(Less end game crap).

For those that still struggle with shocking..

.. Is a very solid option. Currently testing different ascendancy's(Necromancer), and this helm is doing an amazing job. I won't burn, but that damage can be neglected anyways. And of course, it's cheap, even in the essence league. While I don't think it's necessary for the Elementist class, you could get it and get other ascendancy's instead(not really recommended, but you can try).
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info