Easy fix for the ridiculous stupid map system

when i read things like "heres the fix, 100% droprate..." then i know im at the point where i can stop reading. dont wanna sound offensive or like an elitist or whatever but, if youve got an issue with rng then youre in the wrong game.
"
rushjo wrote:
when i read things like "heres the fix, 100% droprate..." then i know im at the point where i can stop reading. dont wanna sound offensive or like an elitist or whatever but, if youve got an issue with rng then youre in the wrong game.

yeah, this game is not anybodies ball park. 100% drop rate :D:D:D:D its plain stupid nothing more.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
rushjo wrote:

yeah, this game is not anybodies ball park. 100% drop rate :D:D:D:D its plain stupid nothing more.

WTF guys read the post before you complain. 100% drop rate on items is shit. I didn't even touch that area. My point is maps are not items they are content. And content behind RNG is just bullshit.

I played D2 for years and I play POE exactly because of item RNG. Realize that maps are not items.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 14, 2015, 8:39:21 AM
"
WTF guys read the post before you complain. 100% drop rate on items is shit. I didn't even touch that area. My point is maps are not items they are content. And content behind RNG is just bullshit.

well then maybe you should start reading too. i never used the term "item" did i? and you are the one asking for 100% droprate. its not the first time in this thread where youre in contradiction to one of your previous statements.

but on the other hand, to play along:

maps can drop
maps can be crafted
maps can be traded
maps can get used
maps can get stored
maps have rarity
.. maps are items.

poe isnt d2, here content is in form of items which falls under the rules of rng. thats a part of THIS game, dont like it? well you know my answer on that already.
"
rushjo wrote:
"

well then maybe you should start reading too. i never used the term "item" did i? and you are the one asking for 100% droprate. its not the first time in this thread where youre in contradiction to one of your previous statements.

but on the other hand, to play along:

maps can drop
maps can be crafted
maps can be traded
maps can get used
maps can get stored
maps have rarity
.. maps are items.

poe isnt d2, here content is in form of items which falls under the rules of rng. thats a part of THIS game, dont like it? well you know my answer on that already.

If you are so damn happy about that GGG made and item out of content then lets do this right. Put a fucking drop rate on every area. Lets farm "The Twilight Strand" in normal until your lucky and get a "The Coast". See how silly it is. Its silly for normal content and it's silly for endgame content.

And just because you don't get it doesn't mean I contradict myself. Tell my where and I'll clarify it for you.

"This is a Buff"
oh i totally get it, i just disagree. if you cant handle critics then dont write suggestions for gamechanges in the forums (yes, suggestions). and maybe you should also change your tone, with all that swearing you only sound like a whiny brat.
"
rushjo wrote:
oh i totally get it, i just disagree. if you cant handle critics then dont write suggestions for gamechanges in the forums (yes, suggestions). and maybe you should also change your tone, with all that swearing you only sound like a whiny brat.

:D maybe I'm a whiny brat. But yes I'll try to tone down a little bit.

If someone tells me: "Here is argument X why GGG did this and here is A,B, and C reasons to why the game really needs this other wise it wouldn't work." Then I would totally shut up.

So far I heard:
- POE needs a current sink. (This does not work, because you still gain currency even when mapping. And there are many other ways to sink currency. For permanent leagues we might even need an item sink)
- 100% drop rate lol your stupid GTFO
- People would actually play the game 24/7 instead of crafting maps and trading (What kind of an argument is this even)

My solution atm: I buy packs of white maps and run them. If I feel like it, I craft some (<5% of my maps)
If I run out I'll buy another pack. I don't know yet how sustainable this is, but that is the best play vs do other stuff ratio I have found to work for me so far.
"This is a Buff"
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 14, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
ah yeah, that sounds alot friendlier already ;)

"
My solution atm: I buy packs of white maps and run them. If I feel like it, I craft some (<5% of my maps)
If I run out I'll buy another pack.

maybe the problem why you run out of maps all the time is because you only run white maps. i never totally run out of maps, i always find enough to sustain a mappool and it keeps growing. but then i always play at least magic/blue maps and maybe the iiq modifiers which you are missing lead to less mapdrops? just a guess. (not including map lvls in this statement, just plain map drops of any lvl)

"
- POE needs a current sink. - we might even need an item sink

i read alot about that but i personally dont have the need of it. i usually put all my currency into crafting or ill save it up to buy an unique i want/need. i have played something like 1500h since 2012 and ive never been rich. about item sink, theres already the chaos/regal recipe and the 5x base items which serve as sink. and imo all the other items which youre willing to sink could also just get vendored and used for a currency sink instead.

"
If someone tells me: "Here is argument X why GGG did this and here is A,B, and C reasons to why the game really needs this other wise it wouldn't work." Then I would totally shut up.

maybe you will find some answers and explanations on that in this old thread from chris when the maps got introduced. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55194/page/1

parts like

"
Having Maps as physical items that have to be found or traded for is the backbone of having a very replayable end-game. There are already plenty of static tasks that high level players can do in Path of Exile, such as boss runs or farming exploitable content. Map areas have a large range of random properties and rewards, so representing them as tradeable items adds a whole new dimension to both the game economy and opportunities available for high level players.

oh and btw, notice how he calls maps "items" trough the whole post ;))
i was just flying over the dev diary ive linked in the previous post again and bumped into this part, which contains the answer youre looking for

"
Maps will not always yield another Map to play. On average, players will not have a constant supply of Maps unless they trade for more or do end-game boss runs to try to find another when they run out. This is the same philosophy as any other end-game item (players are always pretty low on 200% damage weapons), and is necessary to help keep Maps rewarding and valuable.

We want it to be difficult to obtain the higher tiers of Maps. If players complete several Maps successfully and are lucky with Map drops, they can obtain Maps that are potentially too high level for them to complete. It’s reasonable for them to chose to trade these Maps to more advanced players who are able to handle that content.
The thing is its not that hard to sustain reasonable maps since the last patch, i leveled a mjolner maruader from 88-90 recently started with 2 lvl 76 maps, chisels, alcs and chaos. Could easily sustain and got the odd lvl 80 drop or zana area. The patch was a large improvement the only criticism is if trade really slowed down then the currency sink would need to be sustained from the maps themselves. Im pretty sure if that happens ggg will adapt (after prob a lot of whining).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info