Easy fix for the ridiculous stupid map system

"

Well for all I care I would happily see it ruined because it sucks. My Argument is: POE is the only game that restricts you from playing the game above 80+ And the restriction is a concrete wall. Its either start trading/mapcrafting or GTFO. And that is bad. I would rather play white maps all day with zero drop chance than start trading and crafting for maps.

there is no concrete wall. the wall is simply you not wanting to grind lower level maps when rng says you have to fall back.

people have no problem grinding docks/dominus/aqueducts/dried lake/etc to get currency. I really dont understand whats peoples beefs with grinding low level maps. it has to be the ego.

That was an..... interesting read.

If you don't like the game don't play it, if you like the game play it.

You seem want it to be like other games. My advice, play those other games instead, they seem to have what you are looking for.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
There are million ways for currency sinks other then Gating Content.
Bullshit. Try to name one, I'll tell you how it's worse. (Or applaud your genius if you come up with something better, but I very much doubt it.)

I'll start by saying: using currency on gear isn't a better sink. Gear isn't consumable, it lasts forever, so it has a limit on how much currency it can sink. Gear might provide enough sink for a temporary hardcore league, but for anything permanent or softcore you'd need a sink which essentially has no limits. The Standard economy would have collapsed a long time ago if it was relying exclusively on the creation of mirror-worthy items as a currency sink.
"
Gating end game content behind RNG AND wealth is bad. Therefore your argument is invalid. Its that simple.
No, it's not. In order for something to be bad, it needs an alternative to be contrasted against. When your options are bad and worse, bad is good.
I see your argument however there will always be a gain in ARPGs you always start out with nothing and slowly gain Wealth no matter what. If something doesn't pay off, player will just stop doing it. The key is how fast players are gaining wealth. And that can be controlled by drop RNG and Item/currecy sinks.
If you said "start out with nothing and slowly progress" I would agree with you. However, the entire point of a good currency sink is that you sacrifice wealth progression for another form of progression (in PoE's case, XP for 90+ characters). At the highest maplevels, it is not an effective sink unless it is actually consuming more wealth than it is returning; XP becomes the incentive, not wealth.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Idk what's wrong but i only can guess that GGG nerfed again the high map drops , T7-10 drop 99% T1-3...
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
"

Heck I can run Dried Lake all day everyday without having to pay a single orb and gain wealth like its nobodies business. This alone renders the whole currency sink discussion useless.

And I can run all the day maps lvl 74-80 earning much more while you cry in the forum.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Oct 12, 2015, 9:57:13 PM
"
If every map had a 100% chance to drop a map of the same level, all you would ever need is 1 map and you would never run out of maps.

Good. Let the progression be dictated by how well a player can play and not stupid as fuck rng
"
posterier wrote:
"
If every map had a 100% chance to drop a map of the same level, all you would ever need is 1 map and you would never run out of maps.

Good. Let the progression be dictated by how well a player can play and not stupid as fuck rng

there is no such thing in arpgs and especially poe which has non-linear progression of items and builds. if youre level 70 in poe and your build isnt utter trash you put together, you can run an 81 white map. anyone can do a high map with no damage mods. thered be no point in a tiered map system anymore.

so no, not good.
"
grepman wrote:
"
posterier wrote:
"

there is no such thing in arpgs and especially poe which has non-linear progression of items and builds. if youre level 70 in poe and your build isnt utter trash you put together, you can run an 81 white map. anyone can do a high map with no damage mods. thered be no point in a tiered map system anymore.

so no, not good.

Then up the difficulty of whites. One reason it feels like shit going back to 68 is: I can do it blind, its easy as fuck and therefore its boring as fuck.

So let me get this straight the entire system consists of
level 1-80: gaining wealth to
level 80-100: use that wealth to gain exp
level 100: gain wealth again

This seams so random to me. Just easy the wealth gain and give us something to play between 80 and 100 without the forced trading, crafting, RNG bullshit.

How about this:
level 1-80: gaining wealth
level 80-100: you stopped by the map difficulty. Either farm for self found or farm to trade to strengthen your build to go higher.

This would actually create a really strong motivation with me.

For all I know without the hackers D2 would have had a pretty good economy without putting boss levels behind iron RNG curtains. Heck it still worked somehow with the hackers.

"
Actkqk wrote:
"

Heck I can run Dried Lake all day everyday without having to pay a single orb and gain wealth like its nobodies business. This alone renders the whole currency sink discussion useless.

And I can run all the day maps lvl 74-80 earning much more while you cry in the forum.

You do realize that your statement renders all the arguments, everyone put up to defend the mapping system, useless :D

"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 13, 2015, 5:00:49 AM
"

"
Actkqk wrote:
"

You do realize that your statement renders all the arguments, everyone put up to defend the mapping system, useless :D

You realize that I can do that I said being a self-found player? That means all your particular point of view is wrong.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:

You realize that I can do that I said being a self-found player? That means all your particular point of view is wrong.

Thats not true. You got my point wrong
Everyone made an argument, that we need a current sink and that we have to put up with map RNG and trading and chiseling because we need a current sink. Now you come along and tell everyone you make surplus while doing so. That means the whole current sink argument is bollocks.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info