[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

SO basicly when we throw EB and MOM we have to decide following auras:

HOT - 25%
HOI - 25%
WRATH - 50%
AA - 25%
Clarity (BM only imo)

Well, HOnestly I think:

Wrath + Hot default setup

Wrath + HoI if you run Brotherhoodring

Wrath + AA if you are playing HC and feel You need defence.

HOI-HOT-AA - If you need that balance on hc...

Idk anymore... If 5L shock nova costs around 85 mana, I have 1.2k mana, I will have 300mana free to cast (aura reservation), so it meansthat I will be abcle to cast shock nova 4 times and nothing more happens... How can you handle that?
"
SO basicly when we throw EB and MOM we have to decide following auras:

HOT - 25%
HOI - 25%
WRATH - 50%
AA - 25%
Clarity (BM only imo)

Well, HOnestly I think:

Wrath + Hot default setup

Wrath + HoI if you run Brotherhoodring

Wrath + AA if you are playing HC and feel You need defence.

HOI-HOT-AA - If you need that balance on hc...

Idk anymore... If 5L shock nova costs around 85 mana, I have 1.2k mana, I will have 300mana free to cast (aura reservation), so it meansthat I will be abcle to cast shock nova 4 times and nothing more happens... How can you handle that?

HoT is preferred over HoI because it's consistent and curses enemies without needing mobs after the first initial shock, not to mention HOI curses things that are about to die.

5L costs 75, 6L 93.

There is also 50 mana regen per second and you gain 10 mana per kill via doedre's and soul siphon. It's more than enough to sustain considering you 1 shot entire packs.
My Shock Nova costs 82 at 5link

SN - SpellEcho - LightPene - IncAoe - FastCast

Just saying. Ill test your variant without deodre atm (cant cap res w/o ring)
"
My Shock Nova costs 82 at 5link

SN - SpellEcho - LightPene - IncAoe - FastCast

Just saying. Ill test your variant without deodre atm (cant cap res w/o ring)

You can sustain without doedre's as well. I previously sustained with deep thoughts and doedre's which is a total of only +5 mana per kill quite easily.
And how Do you handle bosses? Spam to 0 mana, run around till regen, repeat?
Any boss with mobs next to it doesn't live long enough for your mana to hit 0. An alternative would be vaal clarity.
Great build so far. A bit squishy even with AA. I use clarity too to solve the problem with mana on bosses, a lvl 15 clarity did the job for me.

I just got Voidbringer and i had to use 5 passive points on mana%+regen just to sustain it. But all the ES i get from them and the 8% crit + mana on kill, seems worth it.

I don't have much DPS so far(wonder how you get so much dps with a 4link). I hope that when i get more DPS(from gem levels and passive), that i will be able to get some passive points back that i used on mana. Only lvl 73 so far though.

But all in all a very fun build, thanks op.

Btw would you recommend i get a 5L ES chest instead of my 5L ARM/ES? Not sure that the armour is worth it, when we got all the %ES passives.
Last edited by meecrobb on Dec 20, 2015, 6:10:03 AM
"
meecrobb wrote:
Great build so far. A bit squishy even with AA. I use clarity too to solve the problem with mana on bosses, a lvl 15 clarity did the job for me.

I just got Voidbringer and i had to use 5 passive points on mana%+regen just to sustain it. But all the ES i get from them and the 8% crit + mana on kill, seems worth it.

I don't have much DPS so far(wonder how you get so much dps with a 4link). I hope that when i get more DPS(from gem levels and passive), that i will be able to get some passive points back that i used on mana. Only lvl 73 so far though.

But all in all a very fun build, thanks op.

Btw would you recommend i get a 5L ES chest instead of my 5L ARM/ES? Not sure that the armour is worth it, when we got all the %ES passives.

I should update the guide on the voidbringers situation, back when they payed for themselves with the 20 es on kill thing via eb/zo/mom it was worth running at lower lvls and replaced with facebreakers/maligaros later on. Replace with facebreakers from now if you can. You'd save some mana passives you could skip

DPS is all about

Gem lvl
All damage nodes
Jewels
Proper daggers
Proper jewelery
Buffs ( charges, pots etc )

Definitely lose the hybrid armour, you only want ES bases because you're not an armour or evasion based character so those values are useless to you. A chest with 200-300 extra ES is actually about 700-800 after accounting for your increased ES %. You'll notice it's much easier to survive that way.
Loving the build so far. Please don't stop updating it!
Well, I changed this build a little, Make it MF viable:

Spoiler

Softcore, lv 86 atm, very enjoyable build. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info