[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

I'm doing a similar build on a templar. I forgo crit and go for straight lightning/spell/elemental/area damage. I got 208% inc life and 3 jewel sockets for 113 points. 335% spell damage and 50% area damage.

I tried using EB/MoM/ZO but there's really no reliable way to keep up enough ES to continually cast shock nova when you're so close to mobs.

The build was also planned with using a pledge of hands in mind. Or an agnerod staff as a cheap alternative. So without a pledge the links would be Shock Nova > Faster Casting > Spell Echo > Conc Effect > Controlled Destruction > Lightning Pen. With a pledge sub in a lightning damage gem in place of spell echo.

For auras I use Wrath, Clarity and Herald of Thunder linked with Curse on Hit Conductivity. You could drop Herald of Thunder for Purity of Lightning and you could forgo clarity if you get enough mana regeneration to keep shock nova continous.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmPAUEs5_f73yiAJo78B_tPIKbaPLVpuw4r2zkIjrYC2EabCcvxq6drjbpkFU8LQxfxPanCOWLJKoaOINfg8wY16-n6-4b8RZvWfO3PlOlHM6a4HyDfsfjanIP_gorUEWdES2Ub3GF8kXYvQ3NU1IsnGZUzLdXKTrhNZL-VCt41XVG16ZX_o8fx7FCTeMti20Zl_QI9CL0UlPAVGwLl5U9X7zqakOTJ0yzf8YEBxGWMFuD2wcerJdVxpUulYc6WPDVHYOsmElREQ9-rzsNjRnv6-AS2V_djA==
"
Liquor wrote:
I'm doing a similar build on a templar. I forgo crit and go for straight lightning/spell/elemental/area damage. I got 208% inc life and 3 jewel sockets for 113 points. 335% spell damage and 50% area damage.

I tried using EB/MoM/ZO but there's really no reliable way to keep up enough ES to continually cast shock nova when you're so close to mobs.

The build was also planned with using a pledge of hands in mind. Or an agnerod staff as a cheap alternative. So without a pledge the links would be Shock Nova > Faster Casting > Spell Echo > Conc Effect > Controlled Destruction > Lightning Pen. With a pledge sub in a lightning damage gem in place of spell echo.

For auras I use Wrath, Clarity and Herald of Thunder linked with Curse on Hit Conductivity. You could drop Herald of Thunder for Purity of Lightning and you could forgo clarity if you get enough mana regeneration to keep shock nova continous.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmPAUEs5_f73yiAJo78B_tPIKbaPLVpuw4r2zkIjrYC2EabCcvxq6drjbpkFU8LQxfxPanCOWLJKoaOINfg8wY16-n6-4b8RZvWfO3PlOlHM6a4HyDfsfjanIP_gorUEWdES2Ub3GF8kXYvQ3NU1IsnGZUzLdXKTrhNZL-VCt41XVG16ZX_o8fx7FCTeMti20Zl_QI9CL0UlPAVGwLl5U9X7zqakOTJ0yzf8YEBxGWMFuD2wcerJdVxpUulYc6WPDVHYOsmElREQ9-rzsNjRnv6-AS2V_djA==

It's inferior, shock nova is always better with crit. You cannot sustain probably because you're using pledge of don't have enough ES.

I'm in the process of re-writing the guide and the build can now sustain with and without EB/ZO/MOM.

This saved tons of points.

6L DPS has increased from 34 to 43K tooltip with half decent daggers and survivability has as well with 193% life before jewels for up to 5.3K HP and 3K ES.

Overall, the build is much tankier and hits 30% harder.
"
Qwark28 wrote:

It's inferior, shock nova is always better with crit. You cannot sustain probably because you're using pledge of don't have enough ES.

Telling me it's inferior doesn't explain why it's inferior. It clears packs, it kills bosses. Your build does the same thing except with crit and without spell damage. I don't see the difference other than flavor.
So would going EB/MOM/ZO still be beneficial?
IGN: Zuoc, Kuoc, Glump, Cranka
I was wondering same way. Im thinking of kep EB and ZO but skip MOM... idk anymore ;(
"
Liquor wrote:
"
Qwark28 wrote:

Telling me it's inferior doesn't explain why it's inferior. It clears packs, it kills bosses. Your build does the same thing except with crit and without spell damage. I don't see the difference other than flavor.

Non-crit builds are different than crit builds in that they get more raw damage and can afford to be much tankier. In this case, you barely have 9% more life, aren't using a shield, have mana problems and I guarantee you don't get anywhere near a crit build's DPS

TLDR lacks the advantage of typical non-crit builds which makes it entirely pointless not to go crit.
"
Vuoc wrote:
So would going EB/MOM/ZO still be beneficial?

You can but you no longer have to. Dropping it and going mana based saves you up to 7 skillpoints. I still keep ZO because I like to regen ES with enduring cry instead of it being just a defence or my HP once per encounter.
Can you post ur tree idea without MOM and EB? And any changes with links gems etc? Just in shorts, ill be glad.
"
Can you post ur tree idea without MOM and EB? And any changes with links gems etc? Just in shorts, ill be glad.
They're all in the first post. No changes to links outside of getting rid of HoI.
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
They're all in the first post. No changes to links outside of getting rid of HoI.

I assume you mean HoT instead of HoI, so you'd run wrath and AA? Do you think that's beneficial as opposed to running AA, HoT and clarity, in order to get power charges and manaregen? Ditching AA would be another option, but I feel like it'd make me too squishy in HC.
Last edited by Laxnnn on Dec 14, 2015, 6:43:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info