Where is everyone?

"
What is it about PoE that makes 'quitting' this grand event? Whatever it is, it has to be a backhanded compliment to Poe and to GGG, that the game could elicit such a response instead of a simple departure sans histrionics.

from my own experience I can tell u that the more u have invested in a game, the harder it is to let go ... its the same as with women in real life, and it leads to nowhere ... ^^

some call it 'mtx' some call it 'supporting' but in the end it all comes down to
how much u have invested ... and what u expected in return ...

myself playin Front.Mission.5 on a ps2 emulator atm,
they simply dont make games like these anymore ...

What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
I am beginning to believe the Business Model of GGG regarding Poe isn't long term players at all.

I think its to get new players in, impress them with the games play and gear/skill/tree/jewel interactions, which has great potential for the long term, and implies a great potential for diversity.

The player buys packs/tabs/mtx/etc... happily until they reach their frustration level, and then move on to be replaced with other new players.

Ideally they start and play in the new leagues and then come back when a new one starts and perhaps buy more.

Relatively minimal development compared to trying to keep long term players happy.

Edit: I should say 'long term continual players'

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Sep 19, 2015, 8:19:32 AM
I found it funny that people are saying something about long term players in a game that has permanent leagues.

and just for examples:

-Torment--> i ended up with a 94,30 character. daily playtime 3 hours 15min
-Tempest--> i (died) ended up with a 94,40 character, daily playtime 4 hours 8 minutes.

yeah, i know it's easy to end up with a high level character if you play as a summoner/totemer or something that just works.

But is it wise to start new league as a character that needs T1 gear to work??
d:-D*
"
Nasreth wrote:
Getting bored of the League. Warbands doesn't offer a whole lot of excitement to me outside of what I can get in standard. I'm mostly setting the game down until the 1 month league and playing other games in the meantime. Just picked up Majora's Mask for my 3DS and I've been playing some ARAMs in League of Legends.

You've always been helpful. Don't be gone too long.
I and everyone I know RL that plays PoE are bored and are taking a break until the next league. Its the same every challenge league, these posts are also the same every challenge league. GZ
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I started this game when awakening came out so this is my 1st temp league.

While I initially was pretty positive about warbands and poe, the honeymoon is over. one eventually realizes the named leaders are crazy rare and then when you finally get one, they just drop garbage rares or newbie uniques (or the achievement server is down and you dont get credit for the kill /eyeroll).

My 2 highest characters are 87 and 84 this league and I pretty much stopped playing them because of the 75-76map progression brick wall. Got tired of wasting currency+chisels trying to break through it.

And to top this all off my bf got tired of trying to level past 84+ on mostly sub 75 maps, only to eventually die to some random lag/reflect/etc and watch hours of xp go poof.
So he quit after finally getting to 77+ maps a few times but losing too much xp, and now i'm a bit pissed how the designers made this game 'difficulty curve' went from something reasonably difficult to impossible to level and ragequit inducing once you hit the mid 80s and hit a mapping brick wall combined with snails pace xp due to your low map pool level.

Also the current build meta+difficulty scaling seems pretty lame, considering how tedious it is to level past the mid 80s, having to opt for reflect proof builds, dual totem etc.
Anyways im just rolling new chars and playing random builds now figuring out if its still worth sticking with poe if there is any fun left since I have to solo.

I still like this game (cause I used to play oldschool grindy mmo so im fairly resistant to punishing difficulty) but I sure as hell wouldnt recommend it to friends that have more sane expectations of rewarding entertainment for time invested.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
PoE made me out of shape and killed my sleep schedule. I've been lifting, finishing an advanced degree, and staying current in my career knowledge. Waking up at 4 AM is a lot more refreshing than going to bed at 4 AM.

This is a fun game, but my goal was level 100. Moving the minimum XP floor from 2% to 1% and increasing the end-game damage killed my interest because progressing in this game simply left me too little time to do anything else in life.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
I don't know why people make such a big stink about their departure either. I've always thought it odd.

I like PoE because I am a goal oriented gamer and there is always some goal (at least for now) to strive for. As long as it doesn't get too frustrating.

PoE is the first game of this type I've played since Titan Quest and I played Diablo and D2 forever! And PoE has tons of stuff to do compared to the games I just mentioned. And all around far richer gaming experience.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Sep 19, 2015, 2:35:17 PM
Nick Nolte looking buff there.
I played warbands and it was fun but now that it ends it is a pain in the ass to trade therefore I stopped playing warbands. Usually I played standard but since the high level map droprates are completely bullshit I stopped playing standard (no fun running thousands of maps below level 78 if your char is lvl 94 and high level maps refuse to drop).

Edit: Atm I play lots of other games and I enjoy them a lot but I sure would return IF they raise the high level map droprates.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 19, 2015, 6:28:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info