Where is everyone?

I always had mixfeelings a about the game. After 2.0 defense/ DPS changes the game turned into torture. I want t be the game a fun game not real life like some no lifers want.
I would suggest for no lifers better game. They should enlist into an army and go to war. There you will have only one life and limited resources.
I found more interesting games as Dota 2 and TL 2

Last edited by Evilclown009 on Sep 20, 2015, 10:08:21 PM
"
Evilclown009 wrote:
I always had mixfeelings a about the game. After 2.0 defense/ DPS changes the game turned into torture. I want t be the game a fun game not real life like some no lifers want.
I would suggest for no lifers better game. They should enlist into an army and go to war. There you will have only one life and limited resources.
I found more interesting games as Dota 2 and TL 2

It's rough no doubt about it.

You spend days upon hours trying to find high level maps so you can build your experience bar up a little only to lose it all in a matter of seconds due to a lag spike or some OP instant death mechanic. It's pretty frustrating.

There comes a point where it starts to feel like just a sadistic waste of time. I'm trying to hang on but even I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Last edited by Berylstone on Sep 20, 2015, 11:02:30 PM
I'll get in on this as well.

Played since OB and have enjoyed the game immensely. I love the mechanics and seeing a build come to life. I'm not a 10 hour a day player but I would consider myself more than casual.

I don't really race or participate in the leagues. I mostly just enjoy playing the guys I've built up in standard.

This time around I made the following:

- EA build - Lvl 90
- Block / reave build - Lvl 89
- Crit SA - Lvl 89
- Converted my crit phys. wander into a crit elemental wander (guy was already leveled)

Things that deter me from wanting to log on and play:

- Risk / reward (already mentioned). Over the years, I've run hundreds of high end rolled maps and well... Ironically, I see various streamers with shit I've never even heard of before.

- Map drops (like others have said, it just gets frustrating). I tried to talk a friend to come back and play for the Awakening and my primary selling points were (we have Act 4 now and at least 10 new high end maps). I've never seen more than a lvl 79 map drop.

- No in game trading system (I'm not huge into trading but would like to participate more). I just can't stand the POE.trade system. It's buggy and half the time I have to watch an Oprah ad. The other half of the time the trading players aren't logged on. Just fucking annoying as shit.

- Act 4 - I didn't find it that great. Not enough new skills and the skills added were meh. Also, the change in mob difficulty made experimenting with my builds challenging as you know the approach is as follows: (let's change up the mechanics and you find out what works... and by the way, you'll have to spend all you currency crafting respecs when your choices don't work out that well). Would it be out of the question to get at least one free full respec just so you can experiment a little bit. Guess that would be catering to the casual folk.

- Grouping - it's just boring. Last time I grouped up it was basically a zerg fest on who could kill the fastest. Really no challenge at all.

- Crafting - I don't even know what to say here. Even with the masters; just save your currency and take the POE.trade route.

As others have mentioned, it's always good to take a break which is currently what I'm doing. I still think PoE is a great game but it gets frustrating at the end. For me, it's basically grind out to 90 on lvl 75 maps, make a new guy. Level wise can be broken down as follows:

0-40 - same ole shit here. You start out slow and are usually leveling with something (other than your planned build) just to get to around 36 or 38 in order to use whatever supports are going to be used for your main skill.

41-80 - this is where the game shines imo. You're probably using your main skill and working toward 60+ to use whatever uniques / rares are going to be in your end build.

81-90 - map grind for no real rewards. Getting to 90 just gets you those extra skill points to either (finish up your health pool or get those final damage nodes).

Make a new toon.

Definitely would like to see more options for late / end game other than running the same maps over and over.

Sincerely,

A filthy casual PoE player

I finished my incinerate witch to 82 but have no MF gear so...I go to play my terrible ranger and...I just can't do it. I could get a little "1" near my name if I did that...but I can't. Not even 3 little levels.
I also haven't been able to trade much as only caught the ladder once I think...never seen so quick to 85 --what was it two weeks?

That was a week ago and...I'm taking a break from gaming, hoping I'll be able to tackle some of my steam list in another week or so.

Player count is definitely down if you check steam charts but still not as low (peak) compared to prior 2.0.

But yeah since I skipped Awakening Beta I was still learning all the changes for like a month. Definitely a hindrance. Many changes I enjoyed, but a few obvious ones like most new maps were overtuned, I didn't really enjoy. And without hope for a few Gorge or Plateau maps early enough to matter, made level up over 80 seem like a tedious prospect. I have a stash tab of 68-72 and 3 Labyrinth which are no fun at all. Those can upgrade to Orchard, even more fun :). I think having limited map pool was definitely a deterrent. I enjoy running a nice 75 map at level 68 not an overtuned 71 map at 82. More chance of one-shot for less xp just isn't my thing.

So for me, this league just nothing left to do. All my chars tweaked with the gear I could afford so they are complete as they could be but nothing OP or too special. Plus stuff IRL is calling, which is a good thing.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Sep 21, 2015, 12:02:39 PM
I feel much the same. I have been considering switching to playing only on Standard after WB ends, but have a fear that it will be dead with hardly-existent trading when the next temp league starts.
Pillars of eternity had an update. MGSV came out. In October Wasteland 2 will have an overhaul. Divinity Original Sin soon after. Then Fallout 4. Or I can grind the same maps over and over for no return and one decent item drop every 50 hours.
I ate them all.

some tasted salty and others where sweet. But all of them came back for seconds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Took a small break will probably be back if a new major release hits.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 21, 2015, 2:50:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info