Where is everyone?

Sadly just to wrapped up with other games that have came out. It honestly just isnt that appealing to me anymore its usually just the same ole stuff every update just with small tweaks to make it look different. I know alot of people wont agree but to me its just stale. Plus i dont have 10+ hours a day to grind at stuff just hoping for a decent drop. I guess the PoE RNG has just finally drove me away.
Sometimes people just need a break too. :)
Censored.
MGS V and D3 :p
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
tbh the map issue burned me out quite a bit.. so i play some D3 where the endgame isnt gated behind RNG

Dont get me wrong, i think PoE is a Much better game but i dont wanna play a game that basicly frustrates the crap out of me...

Diablo isnt great or thrilling but atleast it isnt frustrating.
Nemo saltat sobrius
"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
Sadly just to wrapped up with other games that have came out. It honestly just isnt that appealing to me anymore its usually just the same ole stuff every update just with small tweaks to make it look different. I know alot of people wont agree but to me its just stale. Plus i dont have 10+ hours a day to grind at stuff just hoping for a decent drop. I guess the PoE RNG has just finally drove me away.

bump +1

The always too much rng drop chance for trash and too little rng drop chance for great items. I don't expect or want it raining unques or divi cards but damn it GGG, playing 1000s of hours to get anything great and no 6L gear drops sucks donkey and has caused semi-permanent burn out. I was very slowly but happily playing my level 88 Scion build and then The Awakening was pushed out and wam. GGG F'cked up a perfectly good working health and mana leach mechanic, promised a great new feature of divination cards but did the same old, same old, method of gating them behind super low RNG drop chances. and royally pissed of myself and many by screwing up the 75+ map drop rates.

GGG, you need to seriously forget the few 100 that do get a build to level 100 in a month or a few in every league and take a huge step back and look at your arpg in the light and perspective of the 99% rest of the players that love PoE for the core build and play mechanics but hate the rest of the baggage that leaves most of us in a quagmire. GGG, you changed PoE 2.0 at the low end to be more new player friendly but that makes it a Normal and Cruel run through boring snoozefest waste of time (I can sleepwalk through with most any build). You then make Merciless Act 4 that much harder so that we either have to abandon our fun to play builds (because they aren't tanky enough) or make us play to 10 levels or more above the Merciless act 4 boss just to survive with a fun to play but more glass cannon build. Many, many working builds were shown the door in PoE 2.0 and while yes, I can start over from square one and learn the new system of reduced leach and all, I have come too far (from CB times) to have the energy left to want to throw out much of my time learned build and play strategy over the last 2.75 years and re-learn what works best today. GGG, you seriously need to add some kind of level of difficulty controls into PoE so new players can ease into this arpg and the top elite hardcore can get their extreme difficulty arpg daily fix and the rest of us (99%) can find a better "goldilocks" level of playing challenge so that we can play at our own pace and be happy (a good challenge but not die too often). The fixed level of difficulty does not fit all (or even most) and you've lost millions of players and our mtx's in the process of forcing us to conform to your rigidity.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2015, 9:01:55 PM
"
This is turning into a very good feedback thread...

I agree.

I definitely haven't been playing as much, mainly due to work but even when I get a chance to sign on, it isn't for long anymore.

My #1 reason is the RNG/drops (lack-thereof) just wears me down. Even with an "ok" MF'r, still haven't really seen anything "fun" drop (could care less about value, I'm primarily SF).

That feeling of progression and getting more powerful ("fun" again btw), just doesn't seem to be there anymore.
"
Bleaq wrote:
tbh the map issue burned me out quite a bit.. so i play some D3 where the endgame isnt gated behind RNG

Dont get me wrong, i think PoE is a Much better game but i dont wanna play a game that basicly frustrates the crap out of me...

Diablo isnt great or thrilling but atleast it isnt frustrating.

My thoughts aswell.

Try to solo Atziri. get to Vaal boss. Kill one the other shoots some ice spell, screen freezes Im dead. Get back get killed by the three maybe 4 times. One portal left, atziri kills me once and no more portals.

Back to grinding the game for 10+ hours in hopes of finding map fragments again. Without any hope of leveling since the corrupted areas are all in regular game.

Stuff like this just isn't fun, just frustrating and like you, I started playing D3 aswell.

If there was a chance for the corrupted areas to apear in maps at least that would be bareable, since that way you could make somekind of progress, but not like this.
Yeah so today i ran my last high lvl map and ofc no map drops so basicly there is nothing left for me to do whit my lvl 90 witch.
I have other characters which i liked to play when it was a choice, but now that i have to play them cause there is simply nothing to do for my lvl 90 i am basicly done whit this game.
[Removed by Support]

It's no longer ok to be a certain color

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Take a look at Steam Charts, then double that to get a more accurate idea of daily players, and it's very easy to see why player rates are way down. Yes, this is always true near the end of a league but hold your thought, these 2 leagues have only been going for a little over 2 months and player rates have already dropped to below 15K daily so GGG should really take notice of this trend. I can only hope that many other players are hiiting GGG where it hurts most by forgoing any mtx purchases until we can get back to a better (pre-PoE 2.0 but without desync) level of playing. This continued increase of difficulty (power creep) without an increase in empowerment or rewards may be just what the top elite players want but that is driving the majority of us away fast. GGG, please wake up and fix this soon. I have a long term love for playing PoE over D3 or TL2 or any other arpg but your programming decisions of late have even soured me on the future of playing PoE and I'm re-evaluating whether more long term playing is going to be fun or not. Today, right now PoE in not fun to play.

Note to GGG: It's Thursday evening as I type this, my girlfriend who is 1 of my 2 BFF has just asked if I want to watch the rest of the Broncos football game, and I just said yes. I used to want to play PoE many hours most evenings but PoE 2.0 has lost me. That's how burned out (and unhappy) I am with The Awakening.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 17, 2015, 9:28:31 PM
"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
It honestly just isnt that appealing to me anymore its usually just the same ole stuff every update just with small tweaks to make it look different. I know alot of people wont agree but to me its just stale.

Kinda have to agree here. Even with all the new stuff 2.0 added, you can only play it for so long before it ends up feeling like just more of the same. Even with all the new skills, items, and jewels added, there's probably only a couple really NEW builds. The rest are just slight modifications of the ones that have been around and popular for at least the last year or two. Div cards could have changed things up in interesting ways, but they're far too rare to really make it feel worthwhile to farm a particular area just for them when you could be just mapping and getting more currency instead.

Not sure if there's really anything they could do at this point that would shake things up enough to make the game more interesting again or if it's just gotten to the point where we're just running into the inherent limitations of this type of game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info