Where is everyone?

I like all the design efforts GGG have put into this game.

I think the socketable gems are an AMAZING idea that also ties in with the Wraeclast lore. I bought the physical comic book so I like the lore a lot.

So many improvements were achievable through a labor of love, like the new lockstep and less buggy predictive mode

Since I started a new job I can't play as much as I used to, but I'll still be back as a week-end player when the next temp league starts. I don't consider myself to have "quit" the game even though I haven't played in 6 weeks.

Now, there's just one thing that I dislike. It's the apparent censorship.

#1 Why do the male statues in Act 4 proudly display their penis, but the female statues are now covered up to hide their genitalia? Did GGG cave in to the political correct police who are offended by the most trivial things?

#2 I HEARD that the Masters Haku or Tora at level 5 allow you to buy a female exile decoration (the mother with child) but I have NEVER seen that decoration. A search of the forums also shows others who tried to get that decoration but couldn't find it. Did GGG remove that decoration?

One of the things I really like about GGG is the dark, mature atmosphere that is apparent RIGHT from the start when you click on the 6 (now 7) characters on the ship and listen to their story.

I really liked the art direction that depicted free and unrestrained violence + nudity that would make puritans and modern Social Justice morality police blush.

If GGG decided to censor their fine art direction to appease the morality police, that would really disappoint me more than any nerfs.
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

#1 Why do the male statues in Act 4 proudly display their penis, but the female statues are now covered up to hide their genitalia?

:D

new signature, here we go!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

#1 Why do the male statues in Act 4 proudly display their penis, but the female statues are now covered up to hide their genitalia? Did GGG cave in to the political correct police who are offended by the most trivial things?

#2 I HEARD that the Masters Haku or Tora at level 5 allow you to buy a female exile decoration (the mother with child) but I have NEVER seen that decoration. A search of the forums also shows others who tried to get that decoration but couldn't find it. Did GGG remove that decoration?

This is slander. There's no difference between act 3 and act 4 statues, except for the 3 new female static statues. Also, with level 8 masters, I do find said decorations within Zana's and Tora's decorations. There are some other statues sold by other masters, too.
"
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

This is slander. There's no difference between act 3 and act 4 statues, except for the 3 new female static statues. Also, with level 8 masters, I do find said decorations within Zana's and Tora's decorations. There are some other statues sold by other masters, too.

Your post is so misleading.

That's right, the statues have almost no difference with their act 3 counterparts, except for the fact that the act 4 female statues have their genitalia covered, while the male statues still display their penis.

And the statues that I'm talking about are fighting statues. Anyone can go verify for themselves.

About the female exile decoration (the one with the baby that looks like the one from Act 1), can anyone else confirm that you can still buy that decoration in the Temporary Leagues? I don't trust MrTremere since he made misleading posts about the act 4 statues' nudity.
Last edited by Samwell_Tarly on Sep 20, 2015, 1:08:54 PM
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

That's right, the statues have almost no difference with their act 3 counterparts, except for the fact that the act 4 female statues have their genitalia covered, while the male statues still display their penis.

And the statues that I'm talking about are fighting statues. Anyone can go verify for themselves.

About the female exile decoration (the one with the baby that looks like the one from Act 1), can anyone else confirm that you can still buy that decoration in the Temporary Leagues? I don't trust MrTremere since he made misleading posts about the act 4 statues' nudity.

Dude, you sound like a serious conspiracy theorist right now. Proof that this exile is still available to purchase has now been provided:

How about instead of making up derogatory rumours and then badmouthing quality forum-goers, you provide some proof to your claims? Because I see no difference in the statues, and I don't see why your theories[ require proof, but your accusations don't.
Last edited by LadyZeyra on Sep 20, 2015, 1:20:41 PM
As for me i stopped to play POE (no-steam) since a few weeks now, i simply do not support them any longer with their actual roadmap :)
- Best Signature Ever -
"
LadyZeyra wrote:
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

Dude, you sound like a serious conspiracy theorist right now. Proof that this exile is still available to purchase has now been provided:

How about instead of making up derogatory rumours and then badmouthing quality forum-goers, you provide some proof to your claims? Because I see no difference in the statues, and I don't see why your theories[ require proof, but your accusations don't.

Thanks for the pictures showing that the female exile decoration is still available.

Here is the difference between the male fighting statues and female fighting statues:

http://imgur.com/a/qOEKO
*sigh*

Here's the screenshot of the female genitalia:
http://imgur.com/HowYANL

It's just a lot less visible on this texture than on the shiny golden texture.

And I'm the one who's going to get a probation for this screenshot...
-_-
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

Thanks for the pictures showing that the female exile decoration is still available.

Here is the difference between the male fighting statues and female fighting statues:

http://imgur.com/a/qOEKO

Okay, but a) you said the statues had been changed didn't you? So, we're gonna need some screenshots of what they used to look like to compare. And b) you can pretty clearly see the female genitalia in your screenshots.

"
*sigh*

-_-

I don't think you would, it says in the forum guidelines "If you see it in game, it's probably okay to post - but we reserve the right to make a judgement call on what we deem harmful or inappropriate." :s
"
"
*sigh*

-_-

Very nice, how much

Samwell_Tarly didn't disappoint me. This thread has officially went from absurd to new, unexplored territory :D

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info